Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: USA, Connecticut
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
"Your priorities will be different-its the weighting that counts!-only if its done by FET!"
|Originally posted by Don Stewart
In order to make the proper screen selection for a particular projector and room, please indicate the following...
2. If projector is going to be ceiling mounted or floor mounted.
|Originally posted by steve5097
I had a chance to measure and tune a 9000 recently. I don't have all the results with me, but my lumen measurements were similar to Don's. I found ct -2 to have the best CT, but lumens were below 400. I then went to ct=-1 and turned the red to =+20 and the blue to -15. This gave me a CCT of about 7300, which I prefer to 6500, and the output was over 400 L. My numbers are not calibrated, but I don't think they're off by more than 10%. I found tweaking ct=-1 gave about 15% more output than using ct=-2.
I'll try to provide more info later. However, based on inputs from Ran in another thread, it seems like going into the service menu is a better bet. I didn't know about the service menu when I tried to tweak the CT settings.
|Originally posted by SteinyD
I would appreciate your recommendation for a fixed, wall mounted screen to accomodate the Sharp 9000 and Dwin Transvision (not sure which projector will be chosen) using the following information:
1. Desired screen size and aspect ratio - 100" Diagnal - 16:9.
2. Projector Mounting - Ceiling Mounted.
3. Ambient light conditions - 100% controlled lighting. HT is in basement with no windows. All lighting (sofets, rope & direct down lighting all controlled by Lutron GrafikEye.
4. Room finish - Floor is covered in a dark, burgundy carpeting (short, nylon fibers). Walls are finished in a fauxe, leather texture. Deep colors of burgundies and gold trim accents. Screen wall and 5 feet around screen (side walls & ceiling) are flat black. Ceiling will also be dark color with low luster finish.
5. Approximate Throw distance - Throw distance will be approximately 15 feet 6 inches.
|Originally posted by chrism
I would appreciate your reply on the screen I am choosing:
My HT room is 13'X16'
Using a Sharp XV-Z9000 about 14 to 15 throw ceiling mounted
I am ready to order a 16: 9 Grayhawk fixed screen 92"
wall mounted Luxus Deluxe .95 grain
Do you approve of this or should I go with something else
Thanks for your reply.