Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-23-2001, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello--

I am currently considering a Sanyo PLV60 or possibly a Sharp 9000. Based on what I've been reading, it sounds like the Stewart Grayhawk is the way to go. I will be using this in a dedicated basement room, 12'wide, 9' ceiling, 35' deep (two rows of seating at 13' and at 16'). Yes, it sounds deep, but the room tapers in at 18' and then opens back up behind that). The room has no windows, and the only possible way that light could get in would be underneath the door at the rear of the room. Essentially, this room will have the capability to be completely dark. The room is currently unfinished, except for framing, insulation, and vapor barrier (done by the builder before I bought the house).

If I do buy the Grayhawk, it will be $18.30 sq.ft, based on what I've read. For a screen that is 92"w and 52" h, that will end up being around $650-700. My questions are: What do you get for that price? Is it just the material? If so, how do you mount it to the wall? Are frames available as a separate option, or is this included in the screen cost? Is there anything else that I should consider or know about prior to making a screen decision?

I'd appreciate any suggestions, tips, or feedback about building this home theater. I have been poring over the rooms and construction updates that have been posted on this (and other) forums, so I have learned a LOT so far. I'd love to receive any other info, though, that you think I may also need to know before the contractors and I get to work.

Thanks,
jj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-23-2001, 10:37 PM
AVS Special Member

I can tell you're a newbie, since you've posted the same topic across multiple forums...

I replied to the duplicate thread here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...threadid=87712

This is what I said in the DLP forum:
Quote:
There are several mounting options. I chose the fixed screen with Velux deluxe border.

The price sounds like its just for the materials itself with no mounting.

My 4:3 aspect ratio, 84" diagonal (67"wx50H) is US$1390 for the fixed screen incarnation.

Hope this helped.

Regards,

Contributing Editor & Surround Music Reviewer Widescreen Review
Opinions are mine, not the publication I write for.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-24-2001, 04:45 AM
AVS Special Member

"I can tell you're a newbie, since you've posted the same topic across multiple forums... "

Nice detective work, John. I guess the "new member" designation next to his name wasn't enough for you. :)
post #4 of 4 Old 10-24-2001, 11:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

The $18.30 is the retail cost of the material by iteself. If you want to get a frame, you have to get pricing for the whole package. There is no "square foot" price calculator for their complete packages. Feel free to drop me an email for special pricing on the Stewart screens.

Thanks!
Closed Thread Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page