The Elite Cinemascope (2.35:1) Screen Thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-28-2007, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello!

As seems to be the case with much of my home theater research, I have had some trouble finding the information and reviews I'd like to help make an informed decision on a product. This was the case with the Elite ezFrame Cinemascope, which is a 2.35:1 aspect ratio line of screens, and I'm starting this thread to open up some dialog from which others can benefit. I encourage any owners of an Elite Cinemascope, whether ezFrame, Silver Frame, or non-fixed frame, to post your experiences here, in the interest of getting the word out on these incredible screens.

Now, as with any post I make, I want to note that I am in no way affiliated with the company, nor any of its employees. I am interested in nothing more than making information more readily available on hard-to-find products that I believe offer a good value.

In short, my backstory with the product is this: I decided on building a CIH theater from scratch, and in doing research of the products necessary to construct my dream, I found fixed frame 2.35:1 screens to be a particularly large expense. This wasn't completely unexpected, and I had nearly decided on a DIY solution, when I stumbled across the Cinemascope option on the Elite website. I was amazed I hadn't heard of this before; a 2.35:1 fixed frame that was priced very reasonably, even less than screens by companies such as Carada? But, even after I knew the exact model # I wanted (R115WH1), I still was unable to come across any more information than what I had from the website. So many calls to a number of sales reps later, I decided to take the plunge. This was based, for the most part, on two things: the company's excellent reputation, and the exceptional customer service I received. The Elite service reps were always attentive to my exact questions, no matter how basic they may have seemed. I place a very high value on good customer service, especially when I'm shopping products that are only available to me online. If my experience is any indication, I don't think anyone would go wrong by considering the Cinemascope for their CIH setup.

As this post is getting quite lengthy, I will break my complete review of shipping method, ease of installation, and screen performance, into a few posts. I will also include some pictures, though I must admit, I am not known for my photographic abilities! Again, I encourage any other Cinemascope owners to join this thread, and share your experiences and opinions. If you simply have questions, as I did, please post as well...hopefully we can help!

Buck
Reply Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page