Stewart Luxor Screen *Depth*? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 11-02-2001, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So the Stewart site doesn't contain PDF diagrams for their basic screen wall (not the deluxe one) -- and the HTML pages only show 2 dimensions...

Does anyone have a profile image of the basic Luxor Screen and/or can you simply tell me the depth? I am trying to figure out if it will work in a cabinet...

Thx.

-Jon

jon@mittelhauser.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-02-2001, 04:45 PM

Hi Jon:

Good point. We need to add on that stat. In the mean time this may help.

http://www.stewartfilm.com/Screen_Assistant.pdf

If you look at the wall mount view (pg2), you will notice the front of the screen to the wall is 2.88". The screen frame is 1.5".

I hope this will help out in your design.

Cindy
post #3 of 7 Old 11-02-2001, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Cindy,

I had my installer produce a similar PDF but that diagram doesn't actually show the width either -- just the 2.88" with the mounting brackets -- which aren't relevant to me since I won't be using those brackets..My cabinet guy will be mounting it directly into the cabinet...

The 1.5" for the frame is precise? The diagram on page 2 seems to show it being wider but I realize that it isn't to scale...Weird that an installation drawing doesn't show the frame width..:)

Thanks for the quick response...Are you guys commisioned? When my guy orders my screen should he ask for you somehow? Thanks again...

-Jon

jon@mittelhauser.org
post #4 of 7 Old 11-02-2001, 07:03 PM

No problem, glad to help. The 1.5" is percise...and no, I'm not commisioned :), but thanks so much for asking!

Cindy
post #5 of 7 Old 11-03-2001, 09:29 AM

Dear Jon,

From reading the thread above, it sounds like you are incasing the screen frame into aperture mount with a custom cabinet. I think you asking, What is the screen frame, including screen fabric attached to back of frame, depth from front to back? It is slightly less than 1.875 inches. That breaks down to 1-1/2" for the actual frame extrusion, 1/4" for the snap fasteners, and approximately 1/8" for the screen fabric's edge binding.

I hope I understood your question and was able to address it to your satisfaction. If not, please advise.

Regards,

Don
post #6 of 7 Old 11-03-2001, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Stewart
Dear Jon,

From reading the thread above, it sounds like you are incasing the screen frame into aperture mount with a custom cabinet. I think you are asking: What is the screen frame, including screen fabric attached to back of frame, depth from front to back? It is slightly less than 1.875 inches. That breaks down to 1-1/2" for the actual frame extrusion, 1/4" for the snap fasteners, and approximately 1/8" for the screen fabric's edge binding.

I hope I understood your question and was able to address it to your satisfaction. If not, please advise.

Regards,

Don
post #7 of 7 Old 11-03-2001, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Don. That is exactly what I am asking.
Guess I should have been more precise. I am looking at getting a custom screen made at 16:9 aspect ratio and a screen width of 83" -- which I believe results in a frame of 86.12" (I haven't calculated the height yet since the width is the limiting factor). I have a 92" wide cabinet and this will allow me just under 3" of wood on each side of the frame to visually frame it.

The reason for the depth question is that the frame will be mounted in a facia which will in turn mount in front of an existing cabinet on tracks such that it can slide back and forth to reveal the existing drawers. Can I be any more unclear? :)

Anyways, I need to have the facia constructed to hold the screen and frame. The screen itself will be tension mounted such that I can simply slide it in and out (as opposed to any mounting brackets)...Thus the need to know the exact depth.

Thanks again for the help. Once I can get a hold of my installer friend on Monday, I'll be ordering a GreyHawk from you...

-Jon

jon@mittelhauser.org
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page