Cinema13HD and Grayhawk combo??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-03-2001, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Don!

Just wanted to ask you about pairing the Stewart Grayhawk with the Studio Experience Cinema 13HD LCD projector. Do you have any measurements available/performed and what screen sizes you would recommend for a 12.5 feet screen-to-projector distance in a room with cream-white paint. I've already ordered the Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Grayhawk, 110" diagonal HDTV format and it will get here this week. I want to be certain that I made the right decision with the screen size. I'm sure I did with the screen material and getting it from your company.

By the way, the first time I read one of your responses here, I thought to myself, "Sure, the big brass of a company answers public forum messages himself...". Well, I was wrong and never thought we had folks like you in the real world. Thanks in advance and get real well soon! I had a surgery earlier this year and know how challenging it can be, shifts our perspective of everyday life and sets us back on track again. If I ever become a CEO of a company, you will be one of my role models.

Nino

nino :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-04-2001, 09:43 PM
Advanced Member

Nino,

Maybe I can give you a quick answer, the measurements I have seen for the PLV-60/13HD show that the brightness spec is reasonably close to their published specs, so it should be more than ample for a 110" screen with a Greyhawk as long as you don't have a lot of ambient light. The Greyhawk is a great choice as you have light coloured walls.

Regards,

Kam Fung
post #3 of 6 Old 11-05-2001, 04:50 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply KFung! I appreciate it. Where can I find these specific measurements? My main concern is that I I've read that focusing the projector to the max can degrade it's picture somehow, or produce a bigger overscan as compared to having it. Do you have any thoughts on this or read any article which states this?

Otherwise, I'm very satisfied with the projector and can't wait to set up the screen this week.

post #4 of 6 Old 11-05-2001, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

I meant zooming out to the max...not focusing.

post #5 of 6 Old 11-05-2001, 08:33 PM

Dear Nino,

Kam Fung hit it pretty well on the head with his response.

The only thing that I can add is that I have measured that particular light engine and yes, you will get
a bright image with the 110 inch hd screen size. I calculate you will have no problem with peak white light exceeding 27 foot lamberts on the GrayHawk screen. My personal experience is that my eyes will start to fatigue after an hour or so of watching bright scenes on images above 30 foot lamberts in a theater dark room. You may consider having some controlled canned down lighting over the viewers. This way you can adjust your eyes iris according to the material being shown.

Regards,
Don

PS: BTW...I am at my home computor and proudly pointed out to my wife your comments on the role model stuff.
She just smiled and promptly reminded me that I forgot to take out the garbage again. Oh well...so it goes.
Don
post #6 of 6 Old 11-07-2001, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Don,

Thanks for your reply and the tip with the canned lighting. My eyes do get tired (sleepy is more like it) halfway through a movie due to the brightness of the projector but the Grayhawk should curb some of that.

I got my screen yesterday and started assembling it. Great packaging, quick delivery and I'm very pleased with the overall superior quality of the product. I was actually shipped the incorrect manual but managed to assemble the Luxus frame anyway due to the frame's outstanding design. Your literature support person, Andrew, faxed over the correct one promptly this morning. So, it wasn't a biggie.

Yes, behind every great man, stands an even greater woman...our wives are their to straighten us out, aren't we fortunate to have angels in our presence...Some of them do come in disguises, but the intended effect is the same in the end.

Just saw a tour of Stewart's plant courtesy of Jeff McNeal's article and I now understand why your products are top notch and the ones to beat in the market. I commend you and your company for the quality, attention to detail and did not mind paying a little more $$$ than I originally planned to. Keep up the great work!

Now, I have to take out the trash myself.... Nino :)

Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page