PLV-60 + Grayhawk Mounting Question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-08-2001, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As a newbie here, I first tried a series of searches, but could not come up with the information for my specific circumstances, so I would appreciate comments on my proposed set –up. I trust that this is the proper forum for the post. I apologize for the crude drawing in the attachment below, but it’s really the only way that I can illustrate my question.

For the projector/screen combination that I plan to install (Sanyo PLV-60/96â€x54†Grayhawk 16:9), I wish to locate the projector as far back as possible to minimize fan noise while still maximizing the screen area for my room (54â€x 96â€). The PLV-60 has a power zoom that allows you to adjust the throw distance from 4.6’- 47’. The manual shows what is called “max†and “min†zoom specifications for different projector mounting distances. If I have computed everything correctly (my “C†average in geometry may come into play here), I get the following dimensions:

Screen Dist. Diagonal Ht Wid
“Max†Zoom 196in 144in 70in 125in
“Min†Zoom 196in 110in 54in 96in

My question is as follows; if I position the projector at the furthest extent (max. distance) of the minimum zoom will I be sacrificing any other important attribute (image quality, overscan capability, 4:3 or other aspect ratio performance)?

Other information includes:

Room dimensions
L = 247in
W = 126in
H = 90in

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice
Closed Thread Screens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page