Any major diff between the dalite HC and Stewart greyhawk? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-08-2001, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey people,
I am looking for a grey screen for my Sony VW10HT....I have seen a sample of the Dalite, and have yet to see a sample of the greyhawk....Unfortunately, money doesn't grow on trees, and the idea of 'virtually the same effect' screen for literally hundreds less sounds pretty good. Has anyone done a comparison with this projector? Am I missing somthing here? Any feedback would be great!

PS I also hear that Vutec offers a similar material...has anyone compared it to these large contenders?

Happy viewing!:)

Terrence
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-09-2001, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

BrotherTHX,

I did a side by side comparison of both samples. In the end I chose the DaLite High Contrast. TOTALLY based on my preference only. The HC just seemed to produce a better contrast and image with my 10HT. Admittedly so, the price did persuade me a bit..but had I honestly preferred the Stewart, I would have bought it.

I am quite pleased with my choice and do not regret it in the least.:)

Thanks for reading!

Darren Mortensen
Cinema At Home: A/V Interior Design
post #3 of 5 Old 11-09-2001, 09:51 PM
Advanced Member

The Stewart Greyhawk has an optical coating and a slightly higher gain than the HC Da-Mat. Theoretically the Greyhawk would have higher dynamic contrast than the HC Da-Mat, but the HC Da-Mat would likely have darker absolute blacks. Which one you prefer depends greatly on how big your screen is, how much ambient light you have, etc. The best way, of course, is to compare the two although the Stewart would probably be at a disadvantage because it's increased dynamic contrast would not be as visible without a whole screen of the same material.

Regards,

Kam Fung
post #4 of 5 Old 11-17-2001, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
The Dalite HC screen is too dark and compromises whites even on my 2500 ANSI lumens XP21N. It might be satisfactory for a projector that inherently produces extremely hot whites but other than that I consider this screen unacceptable and would recommend it to no one. Currently I am using a homemade gray screen, which is a lighter shade of gray than the Dalite and the result is a more more balanced picture. The blacks are improved and the whites are uncompromised. The dalite HC does deepen blacks even more but compromises the whites.
Lenny Eckian
post #5 of 5 Old 11-21-2001, 12:51 PM

Leckian,

What paint did you use? I've got the same projector and at present use a homade screen using blackout material.

Thanks
George M
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page