Black Diamond from Screen Innovations? - Page 127 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 18Likes

post #3781 of 3785 Old 08-13-2015, 04:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolephile View Post
You did warn me about the fragility of BD screens. I should have listened. Thanks for the advice on the Elite Screens Polarstar. I will read up on it today.
Elite Aeon to a BD, quite the difference there. I swear, come time I'm going to Best Buy and at least try this one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3782 of 3785 Old 08-13-2015, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylan View Post
Elite Aeon to a BD, quite the difference there. I swear, come time I'm going to Best Buy and at least try this one.
I'm also contemplating a Seymour Matinee Black screen.

Edit: Never mind. Reviews say it is also very fragile and prone to scratches.

Last edited by Swolephile; 08-14-2015 at 08:32 AM.
post #3783 of 3785 Old 08-14-2015, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolephile View Post
I'm also contemplating a Seymour Matinee Black screen.

Edit: Never mind. Reviews say it is also very fragile and prone to scratches.
I just received samples of the Microlite screens - I'll be looking at them this afternoon. Like the DNP and the Elite Screens DS and PS screens, this one is also scratch resistant.

Dave
post #3784 of 3785 Old 08-17-2015, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is black blackdiamond reflective like current TVs or is it matte even when there is daylight in the room?
post #3785 of 3785 Old 08-19-2015, 10:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 935 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by evlo View Post
Is black blackdiamond reflective like current TVs or is it matte even when there is daylight in the room?
It's gain is angular reflective (somewhat similar to a mirror or shiny screen) which will washout severely in the presence of any light that's strong enough and coming from the proper position to glare off a TV screen in the same spot.

Light-rejecting screens only reject light hitting them at glancing angles (like a stone skipping over a lake), they can't fight light hitting them from farther back..especially anything bright hitting them from behind your seats or near the projector.
Fighting that kind of light would require them to also fight the projector's own light/image.

Light-rejecting screens are for helping against washout from nearby light-colored surfaces reflections and from some direct light at glancing angles, but not really anything else.

Simple <$250 dedicated black-fabric theater room, build in a day, takedown in an hour.
Easy $25-40 DIY black/dark-grey ambient-light rejecting screen, grab two things from a local store..mix..roll..done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Screens

Tags
Projection Screens , Pure Acoustics Supernova C 250 Watt Center Speaker , Speaker Systems , Screen Innovations

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page