Screen for Proxima x350 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-18-2001, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am testing my business DLP (proxima x350) for home theater while the DLP situation develops (2nd generation, better color wheels, higher resolution). I am using a home built P4 computer (Intel 850GB motherboard) for DVD's, slides, video editing, and perhaps HDTV. I am about 9 feet from the screen in a 14 x 12 room with a Lexicon 7.1 system-Outlaw Amp+Hafler home built amps. The sub woofer is behind the couch. I have managed to tune my GeForce 3 card using the AVIA DVD to get reasonable quality (and correct widescreen-losing pixels-with lots of the faults of current DLPs). I would like to replace my 15 year old Dalite slide screen I have used for 15 years. The screen should be acoustically transparent and portable. The Da-lite Deluxe Insta-theater looks like the right dimensions (80" diagonal) but the gain and the sound may not be right. A tripod is bad for me since I want to get the screen as far away from the seating as possible at one end of the room and as close as possible to my current CRT 30" TV. I would take down the screen when I watch normal direct tv.

What would be my best bet in terms of screens. I would probably use this screen for while with the Proxima and then with the next DLP.

Joel
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page