Help: Da-Lit HiPower - Retracting Problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-20-2001, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got my Da-Lite Hi-Power screen and hooked it up with my Lt150, the screen is amazing and brings life to the picture.

However, I seem to be facing some problems in retracting this manual screen. I need to make five to eight attempts before I successfully manage to roll up the screen ...

COuld that be a problem with the screen or some kinda trick pull technique that I might be missing ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-21-2001, 06:27 AM

Sinhas,

First, thank you for the vote of confidence concerning the picture quality that you have noticed with your new High Power screen.

From your post, I am assuming that you have a Model B manual screen. With that in mind, what you will want to do is to make sure that your case is level both front to back and side to side. If the case is not level front to back it may be causing your retracting problems. The only trick to using that type of screen is to make sure that you give it a quick pull and then let it retract at a moderate speed. If it retracts too slowly, it will catch at another point along the way up. The screen works very much like a shade roller would over a window.

I hope this helps. If you have further problems please let us know and we will get in touch with the company you purchased the unit from to pursue an appropriate remedy.

Thank you,

Blake Brubaker, CTS
Vice President of Sales
Da-Lite Screen Company, Inc.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-21-2001, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

This is a common problem with manual pull screens. I have trouble with my Bretford 70"X70" too. So it's not Dalite specific. Since the roll is soooo wide and the material is heavy, it's tough to roll up and down. Constant rolling up and down may also introduce wrinkles and waves or even screen damage. Remeber the Hipower is tiny glass beads with coating. Over time, friction of rolling up and down may wear off coating leading to glass bead damage. Once that happens you're SOL as there no fix for the glass beads. Sometime especially in hot climate the black backing of screen can stick to the white front leaving unrepairable black marks (Bob Wood had this happen to him during shipping while reselling his screen to a warm area of the country). Usually these things happen after the warranty has run out :)

I'd advise you to minimize pulling and retracting the screen (may be only for special occasions like during parties so people don't soil your screen). I leave mine down almost always which helps smooth out waves and wrinkles over time.

Huey ;-]
post #4 of 6 Old 11-23-2001, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

I am about to order a Da-Lite High Power (2.8 gain) screen (45 x 80) for use with an NEC LT150. I don't want a retractable. I'm looking for a permanent mounted screen. Is there a specific model that I should know about when asking for it? And where can I order one at the best price?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-24-2001, 03:36 PM

I ordered a custom Dalite model B screen and I am having problems also. The first one I received wouldn't stay down. The second one I got, rolled out of the case when I took it out of the packaging and won't go up! Two strikes!!
post #6 of 6 Old 11-25-2001, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

I have been using it for over a week now and it seems to be still having problems retracting. It goes up all the way till like last 10% left and then gets stuck and I need to repeat it a few times to send it all the way in.

I prefer not to roll up as much as possible unless my wife really wants to open the window behind the screen !

I am based in Singapore and bought this screen in US and got it shipped here, so sending back to US is definitely tough, wonder if there is a fix or local service that I could use to get this fixed.
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page