fixed frame highgain screens having 150"+ size?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-24-2007, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i am looking for a high gain screen like highpower from da-lite but am not able to get a fixed frame screen of dimensions more than 150", the max i get is 133".

could anybody please tell whether there are any types of highpower or highgain fixed frame screens having dimensions 150"+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-24-2007, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashit View Post

i am looking for a high gain screen like highpower from da-lite but am not able to get a fixed frame screen of dimensions more than 150", the max i get is 133".

could anybody please tell whether there are any types of highpower or highgain fixed frame screens having dimensions 150"+

Elite EZ Frame screens are available up to 159" and their new Powergain screen material has a gain of 1.8 (not as high as the Dalite Highpower, but a larger viewing cone and more flexibility in the projector, screen and viewer geometry.

http://www.elitescreens.com/product_ezframe.htm

http://www.elitescreens.com/pdf/elit...e_v_5.15.7.pdf

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
post #3 of 4 Old 11-25-2007, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've sold some Da Lite Cinema Contour screens that were 14' x 6' with the High Power fabric. So the answer is yes.

Any company will build you the screen you want.

Screen Reviews

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 Old 11-25-2007, 09:27 AM
hrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashit View Post

Da-Lite will make a custom size larger than 133" diagonal, including in their 159" diagonal size. One caveat is the High-Power fabric is seamless only up to 72" high, so that if you really want your screen seamless you would max out at 147" diagonal for a pull-down or electric screen, and less than that for a fixed frame, due to some of that 147" of fabric being blocked by the surrounding fixed frame. You can custom-order one over 150" easily enough, you just have to accept one with a seam. Someone here posted he did that and did not even notice the seam.
Reply Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page