Anyone have anything to say about Da-lite's 52x92 Model B? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-01-2001, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a chance to pickup a Da-Lite Model B for a VERY low price, new in box. I am going to be running a Barco 801S in a room that is pretty close to if not completely pitch black.

Is this a good quality screen that will do me some good? I am not in the market of building my own screen, I am not much of a handyman :) Anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks
Anthony

OK, I don't have a sig... yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-01-2001, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Anthony,
I feel like I am stalking you but I will give you my 2-cents. I think the Model B is a roll down screen, if not disregard this. I just replaced an electric roll down screen that I used a couple of years. From day 1 it had wrinkles across it and when a shot would pan you would see a wave in the picture that was very annoying. Because of these wrinkles the I also experienced color shift or hot spots in that area of the screen. I don't know if you have read a recent post I have been involved with, if not check it out here. I just watched Planet of the Apes on this screen and could not be happier with it.

Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-02-2001, 09:06 PM

Anthony-

I have a Model B in 45x80 size. I bought it because it was my first foray into front projection, and it was cheap (and retractable). I am not impressed. Do a search in this and the CRT forum, and you will find numerous references to "waves" in the B's material causing the image to suffer (inconsitent color integrity horizontally on bright scenes and horizontal pans).

I would recommend only if you are focused on cheap (that is not a negative... :)), and must have a retractable, and plan on upgrading at some point in the future.

-Chris
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page