Dalite Screen Samples with LT-150 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-11-2001, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a ceiling mounted LT-150 projecting a 100" diagonal image on a white wall right now. I have total control over the light in the room. I think the picture is fairly dark and lacks the "punch" everyone else has been describing. I also hate the 3" light overspill around the image.

Last weekend I went to a local DaLite dealer and borrowed the screen swatches. I sit on a couch about 3.5' above the ground. The projector is mounted about 7.5' from the ground. From this viewing angle I found the Video Spectra to be the brightest image. The Highpower screen was dim compared to it but it got significantly brighter if I stood up or came closer to the screen. The matt white screen looked on par with the wall.

Based on this I am about to order the following:

Dalite Model B (69" x 92"). Screen and case will be cut down to 60"x80" viewing area and 3.5" black borders. Case will be about ~91" in length and will be painted black.

I have the following concerns/questions:
1) Will the screen support the extra black borders? Or will the corners fold in?
2) My eyes are not trained to see the hot spotting. Anyone have experience with Video Spectra?
3) I believe the extra 3.5" black borders will cover all the light overspill. Will this be enough for a good contrast effect? Or will I still need extra masking?

Can anyone offer any insights?

Thanks!
Bassam

Thanks,
Bassam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-11-2001, 10:23 PM
Advanced Member

Bassam - where did you find a dealer with Daylight fabric samples? How big are the samples.

I am in the Seattle area also. I called Daylight and they sent me 6" samples, way to small to make a fair judgement from.

I am leaning toward the Cinema Vision 1.3 material for my DLP, a Plus UP-1100 "T". I am also looking for a little more "punch" in the picture. I currently use a DIY "matte" screen.

Thank you, Reed.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-11-2001, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Reed,

the dealer is MCSi in redmond. (425)643-0330. The samples were 6" as well. I agree they were not big enough, but they fit the bill for the brightness test.

Bassam

Thanks,
Bassam
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page