Stewart Grayhawk Clarification - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-12-2001, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm receiving conflicting information & need clarification on 2 issues regarding the Stewart Grayhawk.

1. I was under the assumption that if I purchase the fabric only, it would still be under a certain type of warranty. But during a phone conversation with a Stewart rep, he made it very clear that there would be no warranty of any kind for a fabric-only purchase. ???

2. If I do order just the fabric, can I still have borders painted on, or do I need to order the raw fabric adjusting for the border size & paint the borders on myself?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-12-2001, 01:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Don will correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been told that when materials are cut to size there is no warranty. Manufacturers must protect themselves should the end user by accident rip the material or damage it in some way. Obviously Stewart can't be held responsible for that type of situation. They should be able to put any borders that you might need on the material, at a small upcharge. Hope that helps.

Thanks!
post #3 of 4 Old 12-12-2001, 10:43 PM
Advanced Member

I think Don made a post about this very issue at one point in the past. I believe there is an "optical" warranty as he called it, that is your screen should be of the correct gain without any kind of blemishes of blotches. I don't think you have a warranty on the physical fabric, though. This is, as Jason says, because you are installing the fabric in a frame of your own manufacture and Stewart can't be responsible if you make a mistake and tear the fabric or it wrinkles, etc. So I believe they cover the workmanship from an optical standpoint and probably anything reasonable, but it won't be the full warranty they have on a complete screen. Hopefully Don will stop by and clarify this, because I don't remember his past post too clearly.

Regards,

Kam Fung
post #4 of 4 Old 12-13-2001, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

The original post referenced (I believe) can be found here. Scroll down for comments/clarification from Don himself.

Chip Slattery

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Closed Thread Screens

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page