Official Sanyo PLV-Z3000 120Hz 1080p thread - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 649 Old 04-29-2011, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Sanyo PLV-Z3000 that suddenly started showing vertical lines (see attached image). I held up a white piece of paper to clarify that the lines are not due to the screen.

It still shows the lines with no A/V connections (no HDMI plugs, Component, etc. connected to the unit) just the power cord and when viewing the sanyo splash screen the lines still appear. My lamp has less than 1400 hours. I tried cleaning the RGB panels using the air bulb but that didn't make any noticeable difference. I'm running out of ideas here.

I haven't the foggiest clue as to what caused this thing to start doing this. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks a lot!
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 649 Old 05-04-2011, 08:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 147
If you are sure it is not dirty power (Try another outlet or take it to a friends), then it's probably the projector itself failing.

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #633 of 649 Old 05-18-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi2000 View Post
orion456 wrote

There is no issue with component into the z3000 only HDMI.

I think I have attached photos of the white pattern with component and HDMI.

I tried a different HDMI cable to the z3000.
I also played the same pattern to another LCD HD display which showed the pattern perfectly.

I will play with the setting more reducing the iris and so on.

Hi!
I am having a similar color uniformity issue with my Sanyo PLV Z-3000 which I bought January 2010. The left margin has a pinkish toned most noticeable on medium to dark greys and the right half of the image has a greenish tone.
I also have a green spot that I could not get rid of using the Z3000 cleaning system with the blower. When I focus on this spot I get perfecly alined grid of dots that feather out into a circular shape.

I'll try post some better pictures tomorrow, in the meanwhile, any ideia what can be causing this? I hope it's not panel degradation as one of the reasons for purchasing this projector was the inorganic panels that supposedly last much longer than organic ones and should not have this behaviour. Right?
The lamp is now around 1300 hours, could this issue be related to the lamp condition?
Should I just send it for maintenance cleaning?

Thanks in advance for any help!
LL
LL
post #634 of 649 Old 05-19-2011, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 147
If you have an old lamp handy, try that of course. Otherwise, yup, send it in.
Same goes to the other guy, they both look like warranty issues to me, unfortunately.

Sorry you guys had such bad luck, I know it must really suck.
I had the Sanyo z4000 and it produced a GREAT image, sent it back just because I think it won't be bright enough when I go to a larger screen, but may end up keeping it if the RMA is denied.

Good luck, I hope Sanyo treats you right.

I think the Sanyo is probably a reliable projector, just looks like you guys got unlucky.

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #635 of 649 Old 05-25-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post

If you have an old lamp handy, try that of course. Otherwise, yup, send it in.
Same goes to the other guy, they both look like warranty issues to me, unfortunately.

Sorry you guys had such bad luck, I know it must really suck.
I had the Sanyo z4000 and it produced a GREAT image, sent it back just because I think it won't be bright enough when I go to a larger screen, but may end up keeping it if the RMA is denied.

Good luck, I hope Sanyo treats you right.

I think the Sanyo is probably a reliable projector, just looks like you guys got unlucky.

Unfortunately, because I bought the projector through Pixmania Online Store, Sanyo Portugal does not cover my warranty.
It's weird, because I actually picked up my projector and paid it at an actual Pixmania physical store in Portugal, but Sanyo Portugal said that they could not repair my equipment for free, because on all accounts my projector was bought outside Portugal and they were not its distributor. It seems that my warranty is only covered in european countries where Sanyo Fisher-Sales operates and this is not the case for Portugal.

So, had to go back to Pixmania, where I left my projector. It will be sent to Pixmania France, then to Sanyo for repair and hopefully it will be back within a month in good working order (fingers crossed)!

Thanks for your help!
Will let you know how everything turns out.
Cheers,
Ricmes
post #636 of 649 Old 07-18-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricmes View Post

Unfortunately, because I bought the projector through Pixmania Online Store, Sanyo Portugal does not cover my warranty.
It's weird, because I actually picked up my projector and paid it at an actual Pixmania physical store in Portugal, but Sanyo Portugal said that they could not repair my equipment for free, because on all accounts my projector was bought outside Portugal and they were not its distributor. It seems that my warranty is only covered in european countries where Sanyo Fisher-Sales operates and this is not the case for Portugal.

So, had to go back to Pixmania, where I left my projector. It will be sent to Pixmania France, then to Sanyo for repair and hopefully it will be back within a month in good working order (fingers crossed)!

Thanks for your help!
Will let you know how everything turns out.
Cheers,
Ricmes

Sorry for taking so long to answer back but only last week was everything solved.
Since maintenance/repair took more than a month, Pixmania offered me a full refund credit which I used to purchase an Epson TW5500 (9500UB in the US) for more €150,00.

I am very happy with it (no dust blobs, for now at least!). Even though color uniformity is definitly not perfect it is nowhere near has bad as the Sanyo PLV Z3000 came to be. Also, great picture quality out of the box, great contrast and very deep blacks!

Still, can anyone tell me if range/zoom distance can cause issues in color uniformity?

Cheers!
Ricmes
post #637 of 649 Old 07-18-2011, 09:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 56
No, I do not believe that there should be noticeable color uniformity issues regardless of your range or zoom settings... I am betting that you had an internal filter or other misalignment problem. My PLV-Z3000 looks incredible on my 120 inch screen projected from 19 feet away. Test patterns look nice and even from left to right. I am very impressed with how much better it looks than my former 720p PLV-Z5, which was a very highly rated projector in its own right. And the black levels are much better than what the Z5 had.
post #638 of 649 Old 10-23-2011, 04:24 PM

Hey folks can anyone tell me how to access the service menu on the PLV-Z3000, or at least how to disable the annoying 20 second lamp warmup delay? It's causing timing/race condition problems with my home theatre PC and amp startup sequence.
post #639 of 649 Old 10-23-2011, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaldek View Post

Hey folks can anyone tell me how to access the service menu on the PLV-Z3000, or at least how to disable the annoying 20 second lamp warmup delay? It's causing timing/race condition problems with my home theatre PC and amp startup sequence.

I am curious... why would the projector warm up period create problems?
post #640 of 649 Old 05-30-2013, 07:28 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hate to bump this ol thread but I have had the Z3000 for awhile now with no issues at all....

I came here to hopefully figure out where to find a replacement filter, I slacked on maintenance and filter is really dirty. I need a bulb too, going on my 2nd replacement since purchasing it from projector people. I was thinking about APEX bulbs, has anyone ordered from there? They claim to be OEM....

Eitherway, sorry to hear about the bad luck some of had with theres, Ive honestly had no good reasons to dump this bad boy yet....
post #641 of 649 Old 05-31-2013, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsRt5 View Post

Hate to bump this ol thread but I have had the Z3000 for awhile now with no issues at all....

I came here to hopefully figure out where to find a replacement filter, I slacked on maintenance and filter is really dirty. I need a bulb too, going on my 2nd replacement since purchasing it from projector people. I was thinking about APEX bulbs, has anyone ordered from there? They claim to be OEM....

Eitherway, sorry to hear about the bad luck some of had with theres, Ive honestly had no good reasons to dump this bad boy yet....

For the most part, you shouldn't really have to replace the filters... just take them out and carefully vacuum them. I am lucky in that my theater room is downstairs without any unnecessary opening of doors or windows, so each time my filter warning comes on, they still look really clean!

I also would like to hear about what a good bulb vendor would be... I still have a good amount of hours to go yet, but no longer do I use low lamp mode like I used to.... switched to full power mode all the time now to get nice satisfactory brightness.

I must say though, that I have been very satisfied with the performance of my Z3000! I have a light meter and have calibrated the gray scale with the help of my Onkyo receiver which has full cut and gain controls for Red, Green and Blue and I have a fantastic picture...

One thing that I have learned from the service menu, is that if you truly want the best brightness from this projector, you need to start your calibrations in either Living Room or Dynamic modes. What those modes do is "remove" what Sanyo calls a Cinema filter from the optic path(you can actually hear it actuate when you switch into and out of these modes to other viewing modes). With this Cinema filter disengaged, brightness is tremendously better and as long as you can make satisfactory adjustments to your greyscale, you can still get a great picture.
post #642 of 649 Old 05-31-2013, 07:53 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Awesome, thanks for your response...

I ended up ordering a bulb from projector people... Only place I have ordered one from, including my PJ and bulb will be here in the morning!!!...

Yes this Pj has been awesome and it has given me years of acceptable picture, enough so I don't think I will have to upgrade for awhile... I game on it a few hours almost every night.
Wife said after vacation, I can start looking for another one...... smile.gif

Eitherway, projector people if you want authentic bulbs and great service!....

I was going to go with another company to save a few $$ but figured I would probably kick myself later if I did..
post #643 of 649 Old 06-01-2013, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Just curious... How many hours do you have on your current bulb?
post #644 of 649 Old 12-30-2013, 12:06 PM

Hi

Some years ago you wrote about service menu and your PLZ-Z3000 projector.

Can you still remember how to access this service menu?

I cannot anything about it when seraching Google.

Regards

Jacob

post #645 of 649 Old 12-30-2013, 12:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jate6347 View Post

Hi

Some years ago you wrote about service menu and your PLZ-Z3000 projector.
Can you still remember how to access this service menu?
I cannot anything about it when seraching Google.

Regards
Jacob

Jacob,

I happen to have the Sanyo PLV-Z2000 projector! I am not sure if the following info pertains to the Sanyo PLV-Z3000 but they are almost identical. You would think that Service Menu entry might be the same for both projectors, but you can carefully try.

*** VERY IMPORTANT... READ AND HEED THIS WARNING!!!!! ***

FIRST, LET ME SAY THAT "ANY MODIFIED DATA WILL BE SAVED WHEN YOU EXIT THE SERVICE MENU, THERE'S NO WAY TO GO
BACK TO THE DEFAULT VALUES - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK"

>>> WRITE ALL CURRENT VALUES DOWN BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO CHANGE ANYTHING AND BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL!!!!!! eek.gif

Here is a link to the beginning of the Sanyo PLV-Z2000 Tweak Thread for some possible future tweak references!
http://www.avsforum.com/t/947600/sanyo-plv-z2000-tweak-thread

And here is a link to a post within the PLV-Z2000 Tweak thread outlining the entry into the Service Menu http://www.avsforum.com/t/947600/sanyo-plv-z2000-tweak-thread/1440#post_15946934

Best of luck... Hope this helps and post back how you make out!

...Glenn smile.gif
post #646 of 649 Old 12-30-2013, 01:12 PM

Hi

Thanks a lot.

I got into the service menu of my PLV-Z3000 by following same precedure as for Z2000:

On the remote: "Menu" key during around 30s till there's an "S" on the left corner of the screen, then "Screen" till the menu appear.

And I can see the group for iris and fan are the same for Z2000 as for Z3000.

Now I just have to find the group for convergence.

Do you happen to know this group?

Regards

Jacob

post #647 of 649 Old 12-30-2013, 01:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jate6347 View Post

Hi

Thanks a lot.
I got into the service menu of my PLV-Z3000 by following same precedure as for Z2000:
On the remote: "Menu" key during around 30s till there's an "S" on the left corner of the screen, then "Screen" till the menu appear.
And I can see the group for iris and fan are the same for Z2000 as for Z3000.
Now I just have to find the group for convergence.
Do you happen to know this group?

Regards
Jacob

Glad the procedure worked for you! biggrin.gif

I do not know the Convergence entry procedure, however maybe there is a PLV-Z3000 Tweak thread. If not, you might be able to ask in the PLV-2000 Tweak thread that I outlined.

...Glenn smile.gif
post #648 of 649 Old 01-20-2014, 08:13 AM

How to check how many hours the lamp worked?

post #649 of 649 Old 01-20-2014, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Hit the Info button on the remote....
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sanyo Plv Z3000 1080p Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread - Z3000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version