Toshiba TDP MT8 schematics? (Infocus SP 7200) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-14-2008, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Toshiba TDP MT8 which is the same unit as an Infocus 7200. The -8.5 volts from the power supply is running about - 1.5 volts. Has anyone seen this problem before? Does anyone have schematics for this unit. I have tried to get Infocus and Toshiba to sell me a copy, but they won't do that...period. And at this point, no one seems to have power supply boards available. I'm not willing to pay high rates to fix this, but if I can find a schematic I might be able to do it myself.

Biff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2008, 07:17 PM

the reason they won't sell you any schematics for the power supply is because they don't have them. They use a third party company to make the power supply for them. I worked at a projector repair company. I've seen the name mentioned around these forums. I also have some of these parts on hand. I buy broken projectors and repair them, and sell them on ebay.

Gtitubro is my name on ebay.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:37 PM

My supply has gone dead also.

How did you know what voltages to expect.

Mine are ALL around 5.2 volts until I plug the supply into the main board. They then all load down to around 500mV.

Thanks
Dave
Old 12-12-2008, 08:38 PM

Oh... Also Biff I'm in Plano.
Maybe we can mount a cooperative effort.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:09 PM

Hi all

My TDP-MT8 died and while I probably should give it and it's constant high pitched squeal (when it worked) a good final burial.... I guess I may as well ask.

It was working properly for about the 2 years I've had it. New lamp in 5/08. Yesterday went to turn it on from cold start but before doing so noticed a low hissing sound of a fan running (slowly, not the usual). The on/off button was rapidly flickering, no yellow/red led, no response to pushing the power button on either unit or remote. Removed power, the fan stayed on and the flickering continued for about 15 seconds then dies off. Replaced A/C power, dead, then in 15 seconds or so, the fan comes on -same slow speed, no power to bulb, no response to controls. I had a spare bulb and swapped it, nada.

I'm not unfamiliar with electronics being a 35 year licensed ham, but couldn't get the unit opened without fear of breaking the front case tabs.

In any case, I now have three good lamps (2 NIB) and a DOA projector. Does it pay to get fixed? Any shops in CT or the northeast anyone can recommend (or really anywhere).

Mark
Old 02-28-2009, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was able to download the service manual for a farily low cost. I ordered a new power supply from pacparts (listed as a toshiba part supplier). I will wait and see on the power supply problem though it sounds like I might have to reverse engineer this supply to fix it.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:27 AM

I bought a tdp-mt8 brand new out of box about 6 years ago from a distrubtor. It worked fine for a while then it started making a high pitched noise. It would finally soften down as it wormed up but it was still loud. It was still under warranty at that time. I sent it back for repair and they fixed it free of charge and told me that they had to replace the engine in the unit.
It was not the power supply. But now it has a power up problem , I was told that the power up problem was in the power supply problem and it would cost about 500.00 to repair. I am looking for a power supply and or a schematic for the whole unit. It is a TDP-MT8 DLP TOSHIBA PROJECTOR.
can anyone help me. babypup my email is bdurham49@aol.com
Old 10-02-2009, 10:21 AM
AVS Club Gold

A service manual should to the trick.

servicemanuals.net has it. I used them in the past without problem.

http://www.servicemanuals.net/Servic...67/detail.aspx
Old 02-07-2011, 04:22 PM

So since I just came into this any update as to the resolution for power supply problems?
Old 02-08-2011, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

I haven't looked at this forum in almost a year, so it's amazing that I happened to see your post from yeaterday, Gcalo. The problem was on the power supply board. Capacitor C16 (100uf, 16 v) was burned out. It was an electrolytic cap that was apparently sensitive to over-voltage conditions, so I replaced it with a 100uf cap rated at a much higher voltage...I don't remember exactly what it was; it's been over a year since I changed it. This solved the problem, and I am still using the same projector! Other than a noisy color wheel, I still love this thing!

If you are not familiar with the guts of the MT-8 (SP7200), it helps a lot to have the service manual. I was able to get one from Toshiba in pdf format. If you want, send me your email address and I will send you a copy.

Biff
Old 04-24-2012, 06:19 PM

Anyone still have a service manual? I could sure use one. Thanks
Old 09-13-2012, 04:45 PM

I have a PSU schematic (for the SP7200, from another forum). I'll upload it if you're interested at all.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:07 PM

That would be great! Thanks.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:23 AM

Old 01-01-2013, 09:30 AM

Appreciate the schematic for the PS. My Infocus 7200 has performed flawlessly until last night. Bought new. So I am putting a new color wheel, lamp assembly and fan set in it, and will check the C16 capacitor on the PS board.