Official JVC RS10/HD350 Owners Thread! - Page 69 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #2041 of 2048 Old 12-22-2016, 04:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My RS10 still going pretty strong with a new bulb awhile back. It's pretty surprising on various upgrade posts that the older JVCs are still competitive with modern day less expensive projectors. A good thing!

I need help with a couple questions to get the most out of my projector:

1. I just got a darbee 5000s and wondering about the settings? I am getting red splotches on faces that look like a sunburn. Wondering if there are recommended settings people found that work well with the RS10.

2. Also, I've never really fiddled with settings/calibration of my RS10 beyond focus and basic stuff. What do people recommend for settings or what calibration disc to get? (ive seen the spears/muncil and a disneyWOW disc mentioned)

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2042 of 2048 Old 12-22-2016, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Wow I was the last to post on this thread, 2 years ago? I have logged 1600 hours since that post with no issues. I used the Spears Muncil and I like the colors, skin tones look good, Im not a hardcore"videophile" however I always seem to be the one who notices to see bad colors than my friends or wife would see, I still do like the outcome after the calibration. I cant comment on the Darbee, I was going to pair up the HD350 with one but i'll save my $$, I like the picture quality as stock. I would however like to hear your comments on how it worked for you ,.Thanks
post #2043 of 2048 Old 12-23-2016, 07:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Where did you get your Darbee 5000s from. I have been looking for one.

I have been running rs20 firmware on mine for about 2 years now. I am using the thx setting and used spears & munsel to set it up.

post #2044 of 2048 Old 12-23-2016, 08:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I recently replaced the lamp and recalibrated my RS10 using Chromapure, so here are my settings -- your mileage may vary. I like the Spears and Munsil disc but there are many fine options (just don't spend more than $30 on one):

Contrast 17
Brightness -6
Color 4
Tint 0
Gamma Normal
Red Gain 0
Green Gain -23
Blue Gain -37
Red Offset 1
Green Offset 0
Blue Offset -1

ISF Certified
post #2045 of 2048 Old 03-13-2017, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadorama View Post
JVC service manual for HD350 / HD750 (PDF)
Thanks for sharing this precious files.
post #2046 of 2048 Old 03-13-2017, 08:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Exclamation

Just for the heck of it....
Mine is still GOING STRONG! Watching Dr. Strange on it right now. This is undoubtedly the coolest toy that I have ever purchased. The lens-shift will no longer work, but luckily, my DIY mount compensates for that.
post #2047 of 2048 Old Today, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I sold my JVC HD350 to a friend, as much as I loved it...I wanted to go with a 4K projector (starting @ 10K), couldn't afford that, therefore I went with the Epson 5040/6040 UB projector, man this projector is awesome. I just letting anyone know just in case you may be on the fence. Initially I thought, why did I do this, but it was well worth it, caveat emptor however, it may make you upgrade your other equipment (i.e. AVR, Blu-Ray player, etc.) . The never ending Home Theater hobby continues.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Last edited by Azekecse; Today at 07:54 AM.
post #2048 of 2048 Old Today, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azekecse View Post
I sold my JVC HD350 to a friend, as much as I loved it...I wanted to go with a 4K projector (starting @ 10K), couldn't afford that, therefore I went with the Epson 5040/6040 UB projector, man this projector is awesome. I just letting anyone know just in case you may be on the fence. Initially I thought, why did I do this, but it was well worth it, caveat emptor however, it may make you upgrade your other equipment (i.e. AVR, Blu-Ray player, etc.) . The never ending Home Theater hobby continues.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke
Yeah... I sold (well, gave away) my RS20 and went with an RS500. Holy cow, what a difference... bright! contrast! I think whatever modern projector you go with it's gonna be miles ahead of the RS10/RS20 era.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla Hd350 Full Hd D Ila Home Theater Front Projector
Gear in this thread