Official Sony VPL-VW80 Owners Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 368 Old 08-17-2009, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

Just a quickie. I've a JVC HD750 at the moment but I can't stand the judder and the smearing. It is really horrifying. I do not know if my dealer agrees upon a change, but according to several sources the VW80 has much better flow in the picture than HD750.

Have any of you VW80 owners watched HD750 and are able to compare?

I'm not a big fan of motion flow or frame interpolation or whatever they will call the feature. I know that it is possible to have a judder free pic @ 1080p/24fps (My old Epson TW2000 did).

Can someone of you please give me a hint on the matter ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 368 Old 08-17-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirsa View Post

Hi all,

Just a quickie. I've a JVC HD750 at the moment but I can't stand the judder and the smearing. It is really horrifying. I do not know if my dealer agrees upon a change, but according to several sources the VW80 has much better flow in the picture than HD750.

According to a lot of sources including respected reviewers, the JVC's don't have any motion related issues. That said, the Sony even with all the Motion Flow stuff turned off puts out a smoother and artifact free image. IMO YMMV. You might want to wait for the soon to be released VW85 though and demo it to see if it improves matters.
post #363 of 368 Old 08-17-2009, 06:56 PM

Didn't use Motionflow before, but after using the Low setting I would keep it on since the difference is quite obvious compared to have it off, but High setting way too fast for the motion.

post #364 of 368 Old 08-18-2009, 04:09 AM

Quote:

According to a lot of sources including respected reviewers, the JVC's don't have any motion related issues. That said, the Sony even with all the Motion Flow stuff turned off puts out a smoother and artifact free image. IMO YMMV. You might want to wait for the soon to be released VW85 though and demo it to see if it improves matters.

Thanks . However, in my case, there are a lot of smearing and judder from the HD750. I've never seen it before on any pj and this is my 7th one. I can be the fact that the HD750 is so much better so the artefacts are more visible than a less good pj of cource.

The problem for me is the fact that there are not so many retailers in Sweden that have VW80. In fact I don't think the pj is availible anywhere around here.

Thank you for posting though. I will travle to my retailer on thursday to try to sort things out. Maybe an external scaler will do it.

And honestly, if a professional reveiwer can't see these artefacts, they should either get new glasses or a new job . That said with a smile of cource. The HD750 has problems as any pjs have. Pros and cons.
post #365 of 368 Old 08-18-2009, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:

Hi all,

I'm not a big fan of motion flow or frame interpolation or whatever they will call the feature. I know that it is possible to have a judder free pic @ 1080p/24fps (My old Epson TW2000 did).

Can someone of you please give me a hint on the matter ?

I would say the the VW80 is very smooth when fed with 24p source. I no longer have any issues with judder these days when viewing that way. I'm surprised the JVC could be that bad doing the same, but then again I can't profess to have seen one though.

post #366 of 368 Old 08-18-2009, 07:56 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:

Thanks . However, in my case, there are a lot of smearing and judder from the HD750. I've never seen it before on any pj and this is my 7th one. I can be the fact that the HD750 is so much better so the artefacts are more visible than a less good pj of cource.

The problem for me is the fact that there are not so many retailers in Sweden that have VW80. In fact I don't think the pj is availible anywhere around here.

Thank you for posting though. I will travle to my retailer on thursday to try to sort things out. Maybe an external scaler will do it.

And honestly, if a professional reveiwer can't see these artefacts, they should either get new glasses or a new job . That said with a smile of cource. The HD750 has problems as any pjs have. Pros and cons.

I actually saw pretty much what you are describing which is why I went back to the Sony VW200. There are many that see it here and many that swear we are crazy! If they would fix this issue in their next gen soon to hit they would have a winner on their hands. That's a big IF that will be answered soon...

For my latest Reviews and Stuff google -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Check out my Dolby Atmos/Surround first take:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1409517748063
post #367 of 368 Old 08-18-2009, 07:57 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Tripp View Post

Even the Sanyo Z5 720p PJ put out a smoother picture. Well, at least in my theater it did.

For my latest Reviews and Stuff google -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Check out my Dolby Atmos/Surround first take:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1409517748063
post #368 of 368 Old 12-05-2009, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am looking for a burned-out LMPH201 projector bulb.
I need to reimbursed for a new replacement bulb.

Thanks,

Richard
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page