Official JVC RS20 / HD750 Calibration and CMS thread - Page 60 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1771 of 1782 Old 12-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Wireless member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 131
You need to re-check your geometry to make sure that the projector is centered and square with the screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1772 of 1782 Old 12-13-2010, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canary_Jules View Post

Any ideas why the picture from my HD750 is razor sharp from centre to far right but the left side is more difficult to focus? I guess my pj isn't squared up properly. If so, which way should I move the projector in order to get it evenly in focus?

If the pj is not lined up properly your picture would be keystoned... trapezoid in shape. So if your pic is squared up, don't move it. You'll cause other problems. I don't think that would solve the problem anyway.
post #1773 of 1782 Old 12-13-2010, 02:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post

If the pj is not lined up properly your picture would be keystoned... trapezoid in shape. So if your pic is squared up, don't move it. You'll cause other problems. I don't think that would solve the problem anyway.

Thanks. Well, it is very slightly trapezoid with the left side of the picture being the worst side. I've never been able to get it perfect in spite of a lot of fiddling.

Another thing, I just moved my receiver, BD player etc, from the back of my room into a nice new av rack underneath the screen. So I've gone from a 3 metre HDMI cable into the HD750 to a 9 metre HDMI cable. My eyes/memory may well be deceiving me but the picture coming from my BD player (Sony BDP S370) doesn't look quite as sharp now. I may be imagining it, but is it possible that a change in HDMI cable could result in this?
post #1774 of 1782 Old 12-13-2010, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canary_Jules View Post

Thanks. Well, it is very slightly trapezoid with the left side of the picture being the worst side. I've never been able to get it perfect in spite of a lot of fiddling.

Another thing, I just moved my receiver, BD player etc, from the back of my room into a nice new av rack underneath the screen. So I've gone from a 3 metre HDMI cable into the HD750 to a 9 metre HDMI cable. My eyes/memory may well be deceiving me but the picture coming from my BD player (Sony BDP S370) doesn't look quite as sharp now. I may be imagining it, but is it possible that a change in HDMI cable could result in this?

No. Focus would not be affected by a digital cable.

As far as "fiddling" with the trapezoid shape, rotate and tip the projector toward the small side of the image until you get a square picture on your screen WITHOUT REGARD to where the image falls. Once the image is square, use the lens shift to position the picture. You may have to do this iteration several times depending on how far out your alignment is.
post #1775 of 1782 Old 12-13-2010, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post

No. Focus would not be affected by a digital cable.

As far as "fiddling" with the trapezoid shape, rotate and tip the projector toward the small side of the image until you get a square picture on your screen WITHOUT REGARD to where the image falls. Once the image is square, use the lens shift to position the picture. You may have to do this iteration several times depending on how far out your alignment is.

Thanks.
post #1776 of 1782 Old 10-04-2011, 09:17 AM

Liked: 11
My HD-750 has developed a purple line along the left side of the display. You can see it very clearly where the white bar should be in the attached image:

Attachment 224473

(This picture is of the graduated white-to-black test pattern from the projector menu.)

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
LL
post #1777 of 1782 Old 10-04-2011, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Yes. Right side in my case:

In my case it happened after a year under warranty. Sent it back and they fixed it in a week. The service ticket had something vague like "XXX bracket came loose, replaced".

If you are out of warranty, it may be worth opening it up to look if you are comfortable with that. Since the rest of the picture was perfect, my guess is that something was blocking part of the light path from one of the three LCDs. You may be able to simply push it out of the way again.

Paul Meyer
Bee Cave (Austin), TX

The MeyerHT is open for business!
post #1778 of 1782 Old 10-04-2011, 03:15 PM

Liked: 10
The same story RS-20 and "pink band". It is more and more people with that problem on forum. You can find much more in RS15 thread, but in this thread there are a few people, too. If you are out of warranty possibly it is optical block to be for replace and you will be short of about $4k-5k ...

If you find any other solution for that please share with us :-)
post #1779 of 1782 Old 10-04-2011, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I know it's not really the answer, but if you find yourself out of warranty and the price of an optical block means it's uneconomical, then try this: Set the masking to 2.5% in the menu (can't remember which off hand) and remember it is set for each resolution, then over zoom your lens to line up the sides of the picture with your screen. It might solve the issue for the sake of a bit of underscan. Note that you don't lose 1:1 pixel mapping doing this, just 2.5% of the sides of the image.

Zooming: Been there, done that, bought the lens...
post #1780 of 1782 Old 10-05-2011, 01:32 PM

Liked: 11
Thanks for the feedback - very helpful. I think I'm just out of warranty so I'll open it up and look for something obvious. Otherwise, I'll send it to JVC and hope for the best.
post #1781 of 1782 Old 12-16-2011, 03:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton Bale View Post

My HD-750 has developed a purple line along the left side of the display. You can see it very clearly where the white bar should be in the attached image:

Attachment 224473

(This picture is of the graduated white-to-black test pattern from the projector menu.)

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Carlton,
Did you ever figure out this problem?
post #1782 of 1782 Old 12-17-2011, 10:20 AM

So glad to see some of you are right where I left you! After nearly three years I just developed the pink band along the left side on my RS-20U. The original bulb was at 1860 hours, dimming had become more evident so it was new bulb time anyway (but that's another show...) Original pop is back but the pink band remains. 2.5% overscan and a bit of over-zoom works for now. If I'm feeling brave over the holiday perhaps I'll crack the case and have a careful look for the alleged optical block.

The Audio Grotto
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page