Sharp XV-Z12000MKII Technical Question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 12-21-2008, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got this projector but I'm not too experienced with projectors and was wondering if some of you guys could help me out.

I have the projector at a normal level setting and its projecting onto my screen. The only problem is that the projected image kind of slopes in a little bit and i can see some black areas on the side because the image isnt filling all of the area.

I was wondering if there was a way to correct that. I tried the vertical and horizontal shift but that just seems to move the image a different way and the image is still not in the right proportion it needs to be.

I could just not be doing something right with that but any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-21-2008, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
First off welcome to the one way path to projector land. You can never go back now!

You might want to check if KEYSTONE is set to 0. If not, make it back to default, or 0.

Also, are you certain that the pj is level? Also, is your screen flat and not tilting?
post #3 of 11 Old 12-21-2008, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

John,

I really want to thank you! I found my way into the keystone setting and turned that to 0. That keystone feature seems kinda weird dont really know why people use it. But again thank you for replying to this thread I wouldn't have been able to figure that out by myself!
post #4 of 11 Old 12-21-2008, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm happy to hear that your problem is solved.

Now go enjoy your awesome projector. By the way, do you have a Da-lite High Power screen? I had that combination and it is breathtaking.
post #5 of 11 Old 12-21-2008, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I actually don't. Im actually looking at getting a new screen now. I actually ended up getting this projector for an insane deal ($400) with no hours on the bulb.

So you say that is a good screen to go for?
post #6 of 11 Old 12-22-2008, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

$400! That's practically stealing it! Good for you.

The High Power is a great match if you can mount the pj either on a table in front of you or on a shelf behind you close to eye level. The screen is retro-reflective, meaning light will bounce back off the screen where the light came from, sort of like a reflective street sign. The MKII has lense shift, so this can be easily accomplished.

The great thing about the MKII/High Power combination is that with the MKII in high contrast iris mode, the light out put is pretty low, yet the contrast is very high. With the High Power screen, as long as you are fairly close to where the projector is shooting from, the light from the projector will come back to you up to 3 times brighter! Thus, a dull image will all of a sudden look very bright, yet you will have the benefit of running the MKII in high contrast iris mode and economy bulb mode. High contrast AND high brightness at the same time.
post #7 of 11 Old 12-24-2008, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Geeze yeah that sounds like a fabulous combination! Especially considering that I can run it in economy mode and get phenomenal picture!

I am definitely going to have to purchase one. Are they all fixed sizes or can you purchase the screen material itself?
post #8 of 11 Old 12-26-2008, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
One of the easiest ways to get the material if you have a fixed screen or wish to DIY with the screen is to buy a Da-Lite Model B (without CSR) - this is close to the cost of the material itself, and you can just cut out the screen at the top (it has a little over 2" of masking all around and a little extra on top). You can also speak to some dealers who can get you just the material but it may not be any cheaper.

For example do a search on google for Da-lite 78672 for the 106" diagonal 16:9 (HDTV format) High Power model B. Most sellers drop ship directly from Da-Lite.
post #9 of 11 Old 12-26-2008, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Good suggestions!

Also, keep in mind if you are making a fixed screen only because of not wanting waves, the High Power pull-down will not show waves once the pj is shining on it. Pretty cool material.
post #10 of 11 Old 12-27-2008, 06:15 AM

Liked: 13
Talk to Jason here at AVS regarding pricing for the DaLite High Power Model B. His price was as good or better than any where else.
post #11 of 11 Old 12-28-2008, 07:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 99
You'll love the combination of the Sharp 12K and the HP screen. I have a similar setup. One little tip - dust the screen once a month or so with a feather duster (make sure no sharp tips are protruding anywhere on the duster). That'll keep the screen nice and bright.

Joe Clark

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page