post #4381 of 4388 Old 06-20-2014, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazir007 View Post
Does overheating only occur when there is a warning?

Does it mean that if there are no warnings but the casing seems to be quite hot, there is no cause for worry?
Correct. It has an internal temperature sensor. If it get to hot it will put a warning message on the screen.
After the warning message it will ask for an extra button push on "turn off" to make sure you read it.

I'm sure it's not good to over heat it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4382 of 4388 Old 06-30-2014, 04:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After a few years with my 6500 I am forced to buy a new projector (probably the 5030). The reason is not that I am dissatisfied with the unit, it is because it, along with a bunch of other stuff, was blown by a huge lightning strike that hit my next door neighbor's antenna mast. It felt like a plane had crashed! The lamp still works but the projector is unable to send signals to the screen from either HDMI port or the component connections. I hooked it up through my Yamaha A/V receiver and I never had anything but a great picture so this really breaks my heart.

I had all my equipment on surge and battery units but nothing could have survived this burst. Besides the 6500, my Yamaha receiver was fried, DISHTV dvr and cable set top box are toast, two phone lines and a sprinkler system control box were also blown. The cable company had to replace not only the box but the outdoor power junction (the strike blew the cover completely off the box!) and the switch in the garage. Several of my neighbors had similar damage.

So now the work begins in figuring out what to get and where to buy it. First thing this morning I am driving to my insurance agent and have a sit down. I have a high deductible but this is still going to be an expensive deal for them of several thousand dollars so they better be prepared to pay. I'm not sure how this all works as this will be my first equipment claim.

Incidentally, if I get another model projector, I will have a brand new bulb for sale (never taken out of the box and never used with all the instructions and documentation from Epson). I bought the lamp just last month in May even though the current bulb only has 800 hours on it. My bulbs usually last 1500 hours so I always have spares. This is not the knock off but the original Epson ELPLP49 that I paid $250 for, which is about the going rate. Assuming the insurance company won't make me buy another 6500, I'll be selling this one for less than I paid. I will update this after I talk to the agent.

shortspark
post #4383 of 4388 Old 07-21-2014, 08:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So is any owner of a 6500ub using it with a lens to get full rez cinemascope?

I have a 6500ub from the beginning and it's still going strong but want to do cinemascope movies as the largest image I produce.

As I understand it I would need to get an outboard video processor as well as a lens?
post #4384 of 4388 Old 07-21-2014, 01:12 PM

I was at a guys house a few years ago that had a CinemaScope lens attached to his 6500UB.
The lens itself was on a motorized track and was only used for CinemaScope movies in their original
formats:

I'm not sure if that lens is different from an anamorphic lens set up?

He was using a DVDO video processor and a Stewart 120" CinemaScope screen.

The material he projected for me looked terrific. I was very impressed.

The lens & screen cost more than the projector. Out of my range

I still use and own two Epson 6500UB's and they are still a very
viable picture until a decent Laser/LED comes along...
skipford likes this.
post #4385 of 4388 Old 07-21-2014, 01:39 PM
Advanced Member

Does anyone know if the lamp for the 6500ub fits the new ub projectors such as 5030ub?

shortspark
post #4386 of 4388 Old 07-22-2014, 01:34 PM

The Epson 6500UB uses Epson "lamp model V13H010L49" also sold as model (ELPLP49).

If the 5030 uses this model they would interchange. Check the owners manual?
post #4387 of 4388 Old 07-22-2014, 01:48 PM
Advanced Member

Yea, I checked Epson's site (which I should have done first) and they show a bunch of projectors, including the 5030, that lamp ELPLP69 replaces. However, the 6500 was not one of them so they must be incompatible. The only lamp shown for the 6500 is the one you mentioned, the L49.

shortspark
post #4388 of 4388 Old 08-03-2014, 03:52 AM
Advanced Member

If anyone is interested in replacement lamp for 6500UB (brand new in box), I have one listed in the classified section under front projectors. Also selling another lamp with less than 800 hours.

shortspark
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Lamp Powerlite Hc 6100 Hc6500ub
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page