I thought "Oh what's this new thread?" and then noticed I'd posted on it three times before.
I guess that's old age for you.
Seeing as Madshi has bumped it back up to the top I may as well post my recent (230 hours in) recalibration results. I got really
cynical about my I1-LT, but this time took much more care over the preparation: I warmed it up for a couple of hours (as in I left it plugged into my laptop taking readings of the ambient light in the room). The PJ was on for a couple of hours first and I recalibrated the sensor to black before each run. The results were at least much more repeatable than in the past. I just hope the I1 is at least more accurate than my eyes, so I've improved things a bit
I'm still regularly amazed at the PQ of my HD350 (although I will admit to trying to do a quick swop for an end of lne HD750 recently
). I took my Son to the local Showcase today and was reminded how much better
the picture I get at home is in terms of black level and sharpness. This is probably more a comment on the lack of care taken by the projectionist, but I'm just speaking as I saw.
I use a Lumagen HDQ for colour mitigation, though to be fair I started with Lawguy's HD1 settings and worked a bit from there (not too far away from them). I've used the 11 point greyscale adjustment on the HDQ but only above 30 IRE as I don't believe my results are very accurate below that IRE.
FWIW my HD350 settings are pretty much at default, apart (from memory and notice the first paragraph in this post
) from main contrast down to -14 to balance the 100 IRE reading.
My RGB settings are:
Gain: Red 0, Green -29, Blue -65
Offset: Red 0, Green -4, Blue 0
None of these readings will be much use to anyone to input in their HD350/RS10 (especially as there are some adjustments made in my HDQ to balance HD and SD inputs). I include them purely for technical interest.