Hi to all!
I discover only now this thread . But I've got already a question 4 you.
Yesterday I've installed the new firmware on my RS20.
The upgrade goes fine and the check reports 1.1
So I've started a new calibration using my i1pro:
1) I've got a perfect D65 using the RGB controls;
2) I've got a perfect gamma 2.2 using the gamma controls;
3) At this point I've measured the value Y of a red@100%. I find out that it was a little bit lower related to the reference (I know that the red luminance is a portion of the Y of my white@100IRE). So I've put the main-color-control-slider @ -2. After that the Y of the red@100% was on the reference.
4) At this point I've started with the CMS: I've put HCFR in continuous reading and I've located the primary and secondary colors over the reference of the CIE chart using the saturation and hue controls of the CMS.
5) At this point I've started a complete misuration of the primary and secondary color using the routine of HCFR. The position of all colors was OK but not the related Y.
6) It was time to use the luminance controls of the CMS. Done.
7) After this I repeat the color misuration with HCFR and now ALL was FINE!
8) At this point I repeat the misuration now using patterns @75% and now some problems goes on.
The green now is over-satured and all the Y values are far away from reference!!!
The same problem of the old firmware!!
I hope that my operating procedure was wrong.
Can you tell me where?
Thank you all and ... so sorry 4 my english.