Official JVC RS25/HD950 Owners Thread! - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 1011 Old 04-04-2010, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Guys: I Have a question on calibrations on the JVC...

On sporting events and television I get a sort of studder/judder. It is not present on movies/dvds.

My intention is to have ISF night be strictly for movies and ISF Day strictly for sports and TV.

What setting needs to be changed to eliminate the stutter/judder on sports in the JVC menu?

Much thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 1011 Old 04-04-2010, 10:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
On the settings menu check the "Clear Motion Drive" Should be OFF for film (despite what the manual might say). Then check it in BOTH positions feeding live SPORTS and see if changing the settings help.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -Ghandi
post #453 of 1011 Old 04-05-2010, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeutsch View Post

I'm posting this on the three main current JVC threads. Hope that's ok.

JVC USA has published a document to help people looking for IR codes in the Long Hex Format. This builds on the excellent information previously provided by Gary Broadbent from JVC in the UK.

Here is the link:

http://support.jvc.com/consumer/supp...n_Long_Hex.pdf

If the link does not work, you can also find this by going to www.jvc.com. Then, click on Support, click on Interface Specifications and look for the document Infrared Remote Control Command Emulation Guide (long hex format).

Chris

Does anybody know what ISF- and ISF+ functions do? Service menu?
post #454 of 1011 Old 04-05-2010, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesa View Post

Does anybody know what ISF- and ISF+ functions do? Service menu?

That's used for calibration using the ISF software. The ISF applet is controls the calibration settings through the RS232 port. One the "ISF" calibration has been done, you can then change modes (day-night) from the remote.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -Ghandi
post #455 of 1011 Old 04-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Has anyone been using their RS25 and experienced a power outage? What did your projector due when the power was restored? Do you think it wise to invest in a UPS? Any recommendations?

We just a had spring snow storm and lost power for about 3 hours. Unfortunately we were watching TV and the unexpected blackout caused the bulb in our Panasonic LiFi projection TV to fail--thankfully a replacement bulb will be delivered and installed free of charged in a few days. This got me thinking about my projector and maybe investing in a UPS.

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." Al Swearengen

post #456 of 1011 Old 04-12-2010, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJohnFalstaff View Post

Has anyone been using their RS25 and experienced a power outage? What did your projector due when the power was restored? Do you think it wise to invest in a UPS? Any recommendations?

We just a had spring snow storm and lost power for about 3 hours. Unfortunately we were watching TV and the unexpected blackout caused the bulb in our Panasonic LiFi projection TV to fail--thankfully a replacement bulb will be delivered and installed free of charged in a few days. This got me thinking about my projector and maybe investing in a UPS.

I would. I have a Panamax/Furman Powerkit Pro: http://www.panamax.com/Products/In-W...ERKIT-PRO.aspx

That goes back to the equipment closet and plugs into an A/V UPS:
http://www.furmansound.com/product.p...d=F1000-UPS_CE
that handles the projector, server, and Satellite DVR.

B.
post #457 of 1011 Old 04-12-2010, 03:31 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryB_UK View Post

^^ That link is an older version. I updated the guide a few weeks ago to include more detailed Infrared control information as well as a few other tweaks. Latest version is at:

http://uk.jvc-service.net/public/doc...=0&Dok_id=6776

Are there IR or RS-232 codes for Clear Motion Drive? Your very helpful document seems to have everything else covered. Thanks
post #458 of 1011 Old 04-13-2010, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundas View Post

Are there IR or RS-232 codes for Clear Motion Drive?

Unfortunately not. I asked about CMD Codes when I was updating the Guide to add the new models, but there are no discrete codes available. The only way to do it is via a Macro.
post #459 of 1011 Old 04-13-2010, 04:07 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryB_UK View Post

Unfortunately not. I asked about CMD Codes when I was updating the Guide to add the new models, but there are no discrete codes available. The only way to do it is via a Macro.

That's too bad. Being able to easily turn CMD on or off is a feature the projector should have.
post #460 of 1011 Old 04-23-2010, 01:06 AM

Picked up a HD950 today. Will spend the weekend setting up and playing...!!! Also picked up a Denon 4310 and Sony 1000ES.
post #461 of 1011 Old 04-23-2010, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Very nice, Nickoff. Open up a Fosters, and enjoy your new gear.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #462 of 1011 Old 04-23-2010, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Has anyone with RS25 or 35 had the chance yet to compare Avatar Bluray run at 1080 24P with clearmotion off vs 1080 60P with it on?
post #463 of 1011 Old 04-23-2010, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF View Post

Has anyone with RS25 or 35 had the chance yet to compare Avatar Bluray run at 1080 24P with clearmotion off vs 1080 60P with it on?

Hi Ron,

Like I mentioned to you earlier I will try and see. If anyone else tries it out let us know and what you're thoughts are. thanks

Ivan
post #464 of 1011 Old 04-23-2010, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoff View Post

Picked up a HD950 today. Will spend the weekend setting up and playing...!!! Also picked up a Denon 4310 and Sony 1000ES.

Good Luck with your new projector! I'm sure you'll love the PQ after you get it all setup. I have an RS35 that I recently tested and although I haven't hung it permanently yet I was floored by the black CR. I have had many JVC D'ILA projectors over the last six years, however, none of them come close to this one. I used an ISCO II anamorphic lens I have for the test and the focus is perfect corner to corner.

I'd like to hear what you think about the projector overall after you get it setup. The ONLY real complaint I've had is that when focusing, the sleeve tolerances that the lens slides in must be a little sloppy because the picture shifts slightly with movement from focusing. Although in my constant height (2.35:1) setup it's not that critical, if you needed to constantly focus and zoom the lens (like if zooming between flat and scope movies), it could become a problem for you....or at least an annoyance.

post #465 of 1011 Old 04-25-2010, 10:18 AM

Finally got my HD-950 delivered and installed. I love it! Got a question though. The existing trigger I have for my screen doesn't fit the trigger out on the projector. Does anyone know if JVC (or anyone else) provides an adapter for it? I'm just keeping my screen down but would prefer to have the trigger working.

Also, how long do you suggest to wait before getting it isf calibrated? I'm guessing around 100 hours but I'm not sure. I have the majority of my components feeding the the 950 via HDMI but I have component and s-video hooked up, too. I think I can get two inputs isf calibrated for the price so I'm wondering which other input to get calibrated. I really don't use either input much, probably use the s-video more but it seems to be a waste to calibrate it for a few vhs tapes. Thanks for any replies.
post #466 of 1011 Old 04-25-2010, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphoR View Post

Finally got my HD-950 delivered and installed. I love it! Got a question though. The existing trigger I have for my screen doesn't fit the trigger out on the projector. Does anyone know if JVC (or anyone else) provides an adapter for it? I'm just keeping my screen down but would prefer to have the trigger working.

Also, how long do you suggest to wait before getting it isf calibrated? I'm guessing around 100 hours but I'm not sure. I have the majority of my components feeding the the 950 via HDMI but I have component and s-video hooked up, too. I think I can get two inputs isf calibrated for the price so I'm wondering which other input to get calibrated. I really don't use either input much, probably use the s-video more but it seems to be a waste to calibrate it for a few vhs tapes. Thanks for any replies.

Yeh about 100hrs is fine. Your calibrator should charge you the same and do all of the inputs you will be using. Who will you be using to calibrate?
post #467 of 1011 Old 04-25-2010, 04:29 PM

Thanks, Ivanpino. I'm looking locally (I'm in NE Ohio) but if that fails I will have to use Best Buy's Geek Squad ISF calibrators. I know that may not be the best choice but I might be limited in my options.
post #468 of 1011 Old 04-25-2010, 07:33 PM
hrd
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:

Thanks, Ivanpino. I'm looking locally (I'm in NE Ohio) but if that fails I will have to use Best Buy's Geek Squad ISF calibrators. I know that may not be the best choice but I might be limited in my options.

RalphoR, forum member umr covers Ohio:

http://www.accucalhd.com/tours.htm

There is also a thread dedicated to finding a calibrator:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=586330
post #469 of 1011 Old 04-26-2010, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

In my opinion I would rather stick to THX mode than have Best Buy's Geek squad touch my PJ.

Ivan
post #470 of 1011 Old 04-26-2010, 12:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Where in OH are you?
post #471 of 1011 Old 04-26-2010, 02:26 PM

To hrd: Thanks for the links. He's already contacted me!

To ivanpino: Yeah, that's the kind of response everyone is telling me so I'll get someone else.

To Jason: I'm just outside of Akron, OH.
post #472 of 1011 Old 04-27-2010, 07:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I often go past that area on installs and such so if you need someone to calibrate and aren't in a super hurry, let me know and I can keep you posted next time I am in the area.
post #473 of 1011 Old 04-27-2010, 12:10 PM

I recently had Greg Loewen of lionav.com calibrate my RS25, he clearly knows the unit as well as anyone and got all the deltas including color below 1, the image is spectacular and the color is dead on with the 709 space. Very professional, informative and entertaining, he travels a great deal and I would highly recommend him to anyone with a JVC projector who wants an ISF calibration.
post #474 of 1011 Old 04-27-2010, 06:03 PM
hrd
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpurdy View Post

I recently had Greg Loewen of lionav.com calibrate my RS25, he clearly knows the unit as well as anyone and got all the deltas including color below 1, the image is spectacular and the color is dead on with the 709 space. Very professional, informative and entertaining, he travels a great deal and I would highly recommend him to anyone with a JVC projector who wants an ISF calibration.

I was going to recommend Gregg to RalphoR, but his website does not list Ohio as one of the areas he covers. He does say he covers Pittsburgh, which is only about 100 miles from where RalphoR lives, so it might be worth it for RalphoR to call him.
post #475 of 1011 Old 04-27-2010, 06:03 PM

I just upgraded my older JVC-HX1 to RS25. It is spectacular in all aspects (contrast, brightness, resolution, calibration, audible noise). Couldn't be happier.

JVC LCOS just keeps getting better....
post #476 of 1011 Old 04-28-2010, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techman707 View Post

Good Luck with your new projector! I'm sure you'll love the PQ after you get it all setup. I have an RS35 that I recently tested and although I haven't hung it permanently yet I was floored by the black CR. I have had many JVC D'ILA projectors over the last six years, however, none of them come close to this one. I used an ISCO II anamorphic lens I have for the test and the focus is perfect corner to corner.

I'd like to hear what you think about the projector overall after you get it setup. The ONLY real complaint I've had is that when focusing, the sleeve tolerances that the lens slides in must be a little sloppy because the picture shifts slightly with movement from focusing. Although in my constant height (2.35:1) setup it's not that critical, if you needed to constantly focus and zoom the lens (like if zooming between flat and scope movies), it could become a problem for you....or at least an annoyance.

I didn't get to test out the new projector over the weekend. My existing ceiling mount is not up to snuff (this is one big, heavy unit!), so I'm getting the pro's to mount it next Friday (picked up Avatar today and will use that as my first movie on the new PJ).

Got the 4310 and 1000ES set up and running to a Bravia in the same room (multipurpose). Wonderfull sound and picture is fantastic even on a small 40" screen. Cannot wait for the PJ to be installed and up and running...
post #477 of 1011 Old 04-28-2010, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Very nice, Nickoff. Open up a Fosters, and enjoy your new gear.

We don't actually drink Fosters downunder, we just export it to other countries....! There's so many better beers in OZ... I'm also partial to a MGD every now and then (toured their brewery in Milwaulkie many, many moons ago)....
post #478 of 1011 Old 04-28-2010, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoff View Post

I didn't get to test out the new projector over the weekend. My existing ceiling mount is not up to snuff (this is one big, heavy unit!), so I'm getting the pro's to mount it next Friday (picked up Avatar today and will use that as my first movie on the new PJ).

Got the 4310 and 1000ES set up and running to a Bravia in the same room (multipurpose). Wonderfull sound and picture is fantastic even on a small 40" screen. Cannot wait for the PJ to be installed and up and running...

What kind of mount were you trying to use? I used a Chief RPMA233. It's the proper mount for the RS series. Some people use the Chief Universal mount, but I don't like it. The RPMA uses the same custom projector plate as their RPA series (Which is also good). The main difference between the RPA and the RPMA is that the RPMA has fine adjustment to tilt the projector in both planes and it also has a key lock to prevent the projector from being removed from the ceiling without the key. I don't bother to lock it.

post #479 of 1011 Old 04-28-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Turk View Post

I often go past that area on installs and such so if you need someone to calibrate and aren't in a super hurry, let me know and I can keep you posted next time I am in the area.

Thanks, Jason. I've been in contact with umr to do the calibrating of my 950 but if we can't work it into our schedules in May I will contact you.
post #480 of 1011 Old 04-28-2010, 10:04 AM

Does anyone know where to get a trigger end plug for the 950? I had a previous projector and their plug is proprietary and will not work. I checked the box and documentation and didn't see any trigger mentioned.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , Vivitek D950hd 3000 Lumen 1080p Office And Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page