There are very many smart Home Theater folks on this board, and i wanted to thank you for all the detailed information i have followed throughout the years. This is my first time posting.
I am not looking for someone to tell me what is the best, i am just trying to narrow my options, so i can spend more time looking at a select few projectors.
1) Room: 13' wide x 25' long x 8' Ceiling
2) My sofa is about 15' from the back wall, and there is a step right behind it. So, i can have a viewing distance of anywhere from 11'-14'
3) Light: Currently there are 2 large windows in that room, all with just sheer blinds, so i am probably going to double up and get some drapes to use to block some of the ambiant light. There are also 2 door entries into the room, both with a frosted glass. Not sure what im going to do with these, if anything.
4) Colors: Ceiling is painted white, walls are dark red, and the carpet is a light grey.
5) What will the projector be used for: About 45% movies, 40% sports, and 15% XBO360. Now, when i do watch movies, it will normally be in the evening, so the ambiant light through those two doors will not be as much of an impact. But, i dont want to make this room completely dark, because i watch a lot of sports with friends, and having 10 guys in a dark room watching football on Sunday might be a bit awkward
So, i need something with the ability to handle both almost equally as possible (knowing i will have to give up some quality in one area or the other to do so).
6) I do not suffer from Rainbows or the screen door effects.
7) Budget: i am thinking just for the projector, somewhere in the range of $2,000-$4,000 ballpark.
I have been reading posts the past 2 weeks, and I just feel as confused with the number of options as i was 2 weeks ago. So, wanted to see if i can get some folks to point me in the right direction for what i am looking for. Based on soem of that feedback, i can then locate some local shops in my area (not many in the San Jose, CA/Bay Area) in which i can view some of them live.
Thank you for all your help in advance