post #541 of 542 Old 08-05-2014, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by keanu916 View Post
How could your 5080 comes with a firmware of 5082????Mine is 5080 while no more 9 step iris!

Is there anyone can teach me how to flash firmware 5082 into my pj?
That's the way I bought mine as the H5082 specs were just slightly different in regards to lumens and contrast ratio. I don't know if there is any difference in the parts as it does just sound like a different firmware. I don't have mine anymore and I could never find out how to get into the service menu from internet or from someone much less flash the firmware.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 542 Old 08-05-2014, 11:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbw23air View Post
That's the way I bought mine as the H5082 specs were just slightly different in regards to lumens and contrast ratio. I don't know if there is any difference in the parts as it does just sound like a different firmware. I don't have mine anymore and I could never find out how to get into the service menu from internet or from someone much less flash the firmware.

Mike
Hi Mike,the main problem is that my 5080 with a H5080-RUCA-PWP07 firmware,is lacking of 9-step IRIS adjustment in the second menu,which should be right there above label of the Dynamic Black...according to the other guys' review here whose 5080 is with a H5082-RUCA-PWD14 firware,it is really strange.It looks like Vivitek confused at the distribution channel themselves and customer could only wish to hit the jackpot to see which one he would get when he buys a 5080, really makes me frustrated.

BTW,WOOT now has H5085 on sale for only 979.99USD...what a bargin!
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Vivitek

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page