NEW MITSUBISHI HC 9000 : FULL HD, 3D and..... Lcos panels - Page 22 - AVS Forum
First ... 20  21  22 23  24  ... Last
Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP > NEW MITSUBISHI HC 9000 : FULL HD, 3D and..... Lcos panels
sanderdvd's Avatar sanderdvd 07:19 AM 03-06-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdking View Post

I have both the HC9000 and the Epson 6010 right now. I haven't had a chance to check out 3D yet on both but for 2D the HC9000 is better in every way. I should be able to test 3D in the next couple of days even though 3D is not an importance to me. I will say frame interpolation on the HC9000 is amazing and the best I've seen with movies.

If you can please share your findings on the difference in 3D between the Epson 6010 and HC9000 it would be great! Looking to upgrade my RS25.

sanderdvd's Avatar sanderdvd 07:40 AM 03-06-2012
what are the recommended glasses for the HC9000D Advanced?

And will a 1.0 gain 94,5" (horizontal measured) screen work for 3D?
mrburrito's Avatar mrburrito 12:18 PM 03-06-2012
Is anyone using this projector with a 2:35 screen and how do u handle a 16x9 image if you are zoomed to a 2:35 image would u have to adjust every time
RapalloAV's Avatar RapalloAV 12:21 PM 03-06-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrburrito View Post

Is anyone using this projector with a 2:35 screen and how do u handle a 16x9 image if you are zoomed to a 2:35 image would u have to adjust every time

Yes you would have to unless you use an anamorphic lens.
interceptor007's Avatar interceptor007 01:42 PM 03-17-2012
Hello all HC9000 owners. Just purchased Mits this week. Going to go back and read through the entire thread. Has anyone posted their settings for the 9000 in this thread? If not could one of you PM your settings. As I read through reviews of this PJ, some of the reviewer stated that it can be overwhelming when trying to adjust settings. Look forward to discussing with everyone here. I was going to purchase the 7800 but prices on the 9000 have dropped significantly the last few months that it was a no brainer.. Plus I wanted the automated zoom lens rather than manual on the 7800. Bought a couple pairs of glasses also. Will post pics after I get it mounted. Regards Tony
Bpcfi's Avatar Bpcfi 08:52 AM 03-18-2012
Just hooked up a 9000d last night, I had a pervious Mitsubishi hd4000 720 dlp. With a 2000 lumens and 2500 contrast, on a 1.0 white screen at 96 inches... All I can say is wow if your having doubts about this projector being bright enuf don't, as reviewers have stated at times it's too bright. The clarity is outstanding and detail spot on. Will try 3d today and post back. The only draw back is its huge.

I called Mitsubishi directly to find a dealer in my area who was helpful and willing to demo one. If you are in the Phx area and want to see one MSG me.
interceptor007's Avatar interceptor007 08:54 PM 03-23-2012
The HC9000 is in the house!! What can I say that others haven't already said!! WOW the PQ is sweet!! Going to look at some 3D tomorrow, watching the NCAA BB tournament now, the colors are so vivid compared to my older DLP 720 PJ. As the previous poster stated, this PJ is HUGE. My wife is amazed at the color and clarity, we were watching "Taken" earlier and she kept saying this is the best picture I have ever seen. Cheers Tony
TimShadler's Avatar TimShadler 09:27 PM 03-23-2012
Any general thoughts from anyone on the performance of the HC9000D vs the JVC RS45.

Thanks!
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar AV Science Sales 5 06:44 AM 03-24-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimShadler View Post

Any general thoughts from anyone on the performance of the HC9000D vs the JVC RS45.

Thanks!

Give us a call and we can give break down the differences.
filecat13's Avatar filecat13 02:28 PM 04-02-2012
This is a pretty slow thread, so I'm pulling it back up to see if any current HC9000 owners will make any additional comments after spending some more time with the units.

I'm getting ready to upgrade from my Mits 4900 and suspect this would be a significant uptick in quality. I also suspect there's no way my current mount will work with this.

Comments will be appreciated.
interceptor007's Avatar interceptor007 04:56 PM 04-02-2012
Filecat13
Sent you PM on the HC9000.
modul8tr's Avatar modul8tr 09:05 PM 04-02-2012
Anyone care to comment more on the 3D abilities of this projector?

I'll spend most of my time watching 2D, but I'd also like something good enough to enjoy certain 3D titles on occasion.

Currently trying to decide between the Mits 9000, JVC RS-55, Panasonic Ae7000, and the BenQ W7000.

I'll be using a SI Black Diamond 1.4 Zero Edge screen. Probably 106", but could go up to 120".

2D PQ on this projector sounds stellar and it probably has the best lens of the bunch. However, I still want 3D that will be enjoyable. From what I gather, both the Panny and the BenQ come closest to delivering both. One of the guys at Screen Innovations sparked my interest in the JVC today though...
ccotenj's Avatar ccotenj 07:07 AM 04-03-2012
^^^

one note... unless they have changed the bd screen material with the zero edge screen, it will not play nice with the mits in 3d... i would give si a call before going any farther...

anecdotally, i like the 3d, now that i swapped out my bd screen for a dalite hphc screen... it works for me...
modul8tr's Avatar modul8tr 07:01 PM 04-03-2012
^^^

Thanks for the heads up. I mentioned the Mitsubishi to them yesterday and they didn't offer any sort of warning, however, I will look into it.

- What aspect ratio is your Da-Lite?

- How far is your seating from the screen, and what is the throw?

- Which glasses are you using?

- Would you say the 3D is bright, and you're not wanting for more brightness?

- How's the 2D on the HP screen?

- Would this screen require masking? Or are you finding the black, black enough?

I hear the 3d is pretty clean on the Mits, but some wish for more brightness. I've also read of people loving it with high power screens.
ccotenj's Avatar ccotenj 08:04 AM 04-08-2012
^^^

yea, make sure you explicitly ask them... as noted, it didn't play well with my 3rd gen bd 1.4...

a few answers... also, if you want to see how mine is set up, click on the link in my sig and see some of the more recent posts there...

- 16x9. 110" diag. it's the hphc model...

- seating approx 11.5 feet, throw approx 12.5 feet...

- both the monster rf and the mits ir glasses...

- it is "bright enough" for 3d... i run the pj in 3d mode for it, as i have been too lazy to calibrate for 3d... i don't have a lot of experience with other 3d displays/pj's, but i'm "happy enough" with the 3d i get... no complaints watching the masters the last 3 days, or with anything i run through my 3dbee...

- great for 2d... no issues at all there... i have multiple calibrations set up for that, as in a true darkened environment, the iris needs to be closed down some (i do not use the dynamic iris on the pj)...

- i use my radiance to shift "black bar" material to the bottom of the screen, so i only have one "big black bar" on the top... ime, this works out ok, but one of these days, it wouldn't hurt to build me a mask for the big bar... if you are one who is bothered by the "lack of black" in black bars, then masking is probably needed... that is likely true of any screen...
opp man's Avatar opp man 02:02 PM 04-09-2012
Has anyone changed there bulb yet on there 9000
is it easy to do?
if the unit is ceiling mounted does it have to be brought down to change the Bulb?

Thanks
opp man's Avatar opp man 03:05 PM 04-17-2012
another question
has anyone ever heard of an issue with vertical lines appearing on the image
was talking with someone who had an issue with there unit where they got vertical lines going across the screen even at the start up message and they had to send it out for service just wondering if this is a isolated issue or a common problem...?
ccotenj's Avatar ccotenj 03:38 PM 04-17-2012
^^^

nope...
mtdking's Avatar mtdking 05:09 PM 04-17-2012
No and I have never heard of such an Issue.
matthewa's Avatar matthewa 07:34 AM 04-25-2012
Am I right in saying this was as good or better than the Sony 90, how does it rate/compare to this years 95& the jvc 55. Also does it have the one touch zoom for setting scope like these 2
SOWK's Avatar SOWK 02:57 PM 05-02-2012
I have one on order. I sure hope it comes with the updated firmware.

Matthewa - it does not have 1 button zooming. But, both the Sony and JVC are not very accurate so it's like they have no 1 button zooming either...
filecat13's Avatar filecat13 09:38 PM 05-02-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK View Post

I have one on order.

I hope you will post your impressions, especially if the firmware update is in place.
SOWK's Avatar SOWK 06:36 AM 05-03-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by filecat13 View Post

I hope you will post your impressions, especially if the firmware update is in place.

I think I can do that.
matthewa's Avatar matthewa 06:41 AM 05-03-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOWK View Post

I have one on order. I sure hope it comes with the updated firmware.

Matthewa - it does not have 1 button zooming. But, both the Sony and JVC are not very accurate so it's like they have no 1 button zooming either...

Thanks, look forward to hearing your impression, was it a benq you were having dramas with, it will be interesting to hear your comparison in 2d&3d modes with it & other models you have owned. I read the same thing about 1 button zoom, I'm sure it would be quite annoying if it misbehaved considering they use the feature as a selling point
SOWK's Avatar SOWK 10:36 AM 05-03-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewa View Post

Thanks, look forward to hearing your impression, was it a benq you were having dramas with, it will be interesting to hear your comparison in 2d&3d modes with it & other models you have owned. I read the same thing about 1 button zoom, I'm sure it would be quite annoying if it misbehaved considering they use the feature as a selling point

It was the BenQ W7000. They unfortunately lost a customer, due to their lack of QC.

I can only do 2D impressions.

>>>--------------> (see it is an arrow... )

But seriously, I have not tried 3D on any of the units.
SOWK's Avatar SOWK 11:57 AM 05-03-2012
What is the latest firmware number?

I have the codes to get into the service menu to check already.
mtdking's Avatar mtdking 01:41 PM 05-03-2012
Easy way to tell is if you have 3D FI in your menu. I have the HC9000 Advance and my firmware number is kind of a date I guess. My CMS also works like a charm, that is another way you know if your has the latest firmware.
SOWK's Avatar SOWK 01:49 PM 05-03-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdking View Post

Easy way to tell is if you have 3D FI in your menu. I have the HC9000 Advance and my firmware number is kind of a date I guess. My CMS also works like a charm, that is another way you know if your has the latest firmware.

When you say CMS works like a charm... What does that that mean in detail?

Can you get near perfect REC 709 color?

If so, does it track at different saturation levels correctly?

Saturation levels are different then brightness levels.

If even close to "good" then I will be very happy!
SOWK's Avatar SOWK 07:15 PM 05-03-2012
Need someone's help...

down down up down enter gets you into the service menu.

I have firmware version:

Is this the latest version?

Don't really want to plug anything in yet if I just have to return to Mitsubishi right away.
mtdking's Avatar mtdking 08:01 PM 05-03-2012
Yes
Tags: Mitsubishi Hc9000d 3d 1080p Lcd Projector
First ... 20  21  22 23  24  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop