NEW MITSUBISHI HC 9000 : FULL HD, 3D and..... Lcos panels - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 832 Old 01-17-2013, 11:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Has anybody thought of making a hardware mod for HC9000 to counter bright corners (light leakage) problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 832 Old 01-22-2013, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elix View Post

Has anybody thought of making a hardware mod for HC9000 to counter bright corners (light leakage) problem?

First we need the service manual. I am an electronic engineer and I can make a lot of mods for this projector, but in my country Mits does not reply to support emails!!!!!! If you can get the service manual, I may try!!
post #813 of 832 Old 01-24-2013, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Someone find this man a service manual!

What I can afford, when I can afford it...
post #814 of 832 Old 01-24-2013, 10:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:

Its not a hardware problem. its a LUT table problem and a revised LUT table would solve the problem. External devices are available, an EE light box, that would allow use to generate and use any LUT table you want. Buyt enough, you are not going to do it and I am not about to waste my time talking about LUT tables and the instrumentation and knowledge necessary to generate one that will solve your light corners. Besides, it really is a monir issue that only shows up a bit and isn't worth time stressing about.

Mark Haflich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

call me at: 240 876 2536
post #815 of 832 Old 01-24-2013, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Easy, good sir, I know what a LUT table is. You don't have to tell me anything because I'm not going to buy this projector. But if you possessed the knowledge to counter this problem and hadn't shared it with other owners in this topic... Either you are full of yourself or you're being theoretical about what you said right now.

If these bright corners are really a LUT problem it should've been fixed on HC5 by now.
post #816 of 832 Old 01-24-2013, 04:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

There was a calibrator years ago who would measure a projector using an automated camera system and generate a corrective LUT table. He has the technology and i believe licensed it exclusively to Meridian for their very expensive JVC based projectors with custom scalers etc. The cost of him performing the service was about $1.5K before he made his deal with Meridian and required shipping your projector to California. I believe the table generated was custom and dealt with unit to unit variations. In those days, projectors were a lot higher priced and $1.5K might make some sense. At today's prices, it would not make a lot of sense to spend that amount in correcting a problem not noticeable for the most part unless showing a black frame.He also hade the codes to access the JVC LUT tables and to make changes to them.

As I posted earlier, an external LUT box is available made by EE and marketed now by Spectracal but you would still need to devise an automated measuring system and that would mean automatically moving the camera on the tripod head I think. Too much attentionwork for this minor problem.

Mits manufacturers cheap projectors and the price points they hit couldn't support the measuring and unique LUT table each would require.

BTW If I knew the technology I wouldn't freely make it available but would try to offer the service at a much lower price if there were enough profit. But I don't.

Mark Haflich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #817 of 832 Old 02-06-2013, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member

There are a lot awful cases of bad boards on this unit. Question to those who had them replaced: did anything change after the repair? Maybe CMS started functioning? smile.gif
post #818 of 832 Old 02-07-2013, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

There are a lot awful cases of bad boards on this unit.

Is this your general impression from comments somewhere, or do you have sources? Since mine has been flawless so far, now you've implanted apprehension that there might be some lurking defect. If there's data available or histories of failures documented by owners, I'd sure like to read them.

After reading your comment, I did numerous searches on the HC9000D using different terms like defect(s), breakdown(s), failure(s), problem(s), bad boards, owner complaints, reliability, and couldn't find anything significant. Any information you can provide that would help research this will be appreciated.

post #819 of 832 Old 02-07-2013, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Sure. You didn't have to go that far.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1428712/mitsubishi-hc5-new-3d-sxrd-projector-based-on-hc9000-2500-euros#post_22862297
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1428712/mitsubishi-hc5-new-3d-sxrd-projector-based-on-hc9000-2500-euros/30#post_22866240

Also, here's some info from a seller of HC9000 on ebay:
Quote:
This unit was just returned after a full factory refurb for a bad board. It is was tested and checked out fine. ...
That's 3 cases. I hope I won't hear more.
post #820 of 832 Old 03-01-2013, 12:54 AM

I have a HC5 and there’s one issue with my PJ that is quite a problem...

When I turn on the projector everything works fine if no picture source is connected/on. But, if I change the input selection i.e. from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2 (picture source -a laptop- already on) PJ kind of hangs up and does not response to any button, not even those which are in the PJ itself. Picture is displayed, though. Same thing happens when I turn my AV receiver on and PJ is already on (and HDMI 1 where received is connected is already selected in the PJ). I haven’t tried to change the input selection when AV reveicer is already on.

So, I have my laptop connected to PJ's HDMI 2 connection directly. If I turn the PJ on first and laptop second PJ hangs up the same way (HDMI 2 already selected in PJ) and also if the laptop is already on and I turn on the PJ. To get rid of this I need to unplug the HDMI cable and the put it back (maybe turning off and on the picture source would end in the same result). After a while PJ's both lights (Status and Power) are blinking and, of course, that kind of situation is not mentioned in the users manual. After a while only status light blinks and power light is on. I can’t figure out status light’s actual color when it blinks… PJ is on the shelf quite high, light looks red when watched above, orange then watched from side and there’s also some green in it when watched from the back :/

I can start the PJ again but it ends to the same situation (buttons don't work). But if I unplug the power chord and plug it in and start the PJ again it works just fine (laptop is on all the time).

Only once I’ve managed to use the PJ without this issue: I first turned on my AV reveicer, then BR-player (connected to reveicer) and then PJ which had HDMI 1 already selected (receiver connected to it).

I will test what will happen with s-video cable, I’d suppose that this problem has something to do with the HDMI “handshaking”. I tried HDMI 1.3 and 1.4 cable between laptop and PJ but no change so I don’t think this could be caused by a HDMI cable alone. Have any of you ever heard or had of this kind of problem? It’s hard to believe that the problem is in the PJ itself since it works normally after unplugging. If it was broken I think this "hangup" would happen every time when using it, even after unplugging the power chord.

Without movies... there's no life...
post #821 of 832 Old 03-02-2013, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Does this happen when the laptop is not connected? IOW, with the laptop completely out of the loop, not just turned off, does this problem still occur?

post #822 of 832 Old 03-03-2013, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filecat13 View Post

Does this happen when the laptop is not connected? IOW, with the laptop completely out of the loop, not just turned off, does this problem still occur?

Yes, at first the laptop (when I used the PJ first times) was not connected at all, only AV receiver and BR player. This weekend PJ hanged up on saturday, receiver and BR were on first, but in this case it doesn't matter what is the starting order . After a while both power and status lights started blinking and the power light was solid (red) and status light still blinked. At this point cooling fans are stopped so I unplugged the power chord and plugged it back. Then PJ on again and it worked just fine.

Same thing again today (sunday) with the laptop (had to do the same thing with the power chord). After I had watched the movie I turned BR player on, changed back and forth HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 in the PJ, turned laptop on and off, AV receiver on and off, BR player on and off and no problems at all. I just can't figure out why the PJ always hangs up at first... confused.gif.

post #823 of 832 Old 03-04-2013, 11:56 AM

Found a solution today... I unplugged the HDMI cable (from BR player to receiver) and connected BR player to PJ's HDMI 1 directly and - it works. Also tried to connect AV receiver to PJ's HDMI 1 when BR is not connected to AV receiver and, PJ works just fine. So, the problem is the HDMI connection between BR player and AV receiver. I'll get a protected HDMI cable and if it doesn't help I'll just use optical cable to sound transfer for now, although my BR player can transfer DTS-HD MA only via HDMI frown.gif Oh well, AV receiver is new and projector is new. Maybe it's time to get a new BR player, too. Mob3001 wrote to another thread that his solution to this kind of problem was NOT to use the auto iris setting (and I'm using it...). Have to test that, too.

Edit: Autoiris was the couse... unbelievable. Now, finally, PJ works like a charm smile.gif

post #824 of 832 Old 05-08-2013, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

^^^

well hurry up and finish that stuff up! biggrin.gif

re: 3d glasses... the xpands are the same as the monsters, iirc... i use both the monsters and the mitsu glasses... prefer the monsters due to rf over ir...

need a few more pairs if anyone finds xpands cheap... smile.gif

So, can I use the Monster emitter and RF glasses? How do you hook it up, does it match the PJ's output port?

EDIT- Nevermind, I see I still need the Mits emitter to make the Monster emitter work.

Living the HT Dream...now in 4D.
post #825 of 832 Old 05-14-2013, 11:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Any happy owners that're still out there? I'm about to receive my HC5 and test whether they fixed CMS with HC5 or not.
post #826 of 832 Old 05-27-2013, 05:25 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 25
GREEN 1-2% VERTICAL BAND RIGHT EDGE started about 3 weeks ago.

Bulb 700 hours.

My thoughts:

1. May need convergence adjustment.

2. Light Engine replacement.

Mitsu USA tech not helpful, other than offering to have it shipped in.

What do you guys think, any suggestions?

Anyone have a link to service manual download?

To answer above poster's question still very very happy with the machine otherwise.
We also still find the 3D performance impressive.

My system:
post #827 of 832 Old 05-27-2013, 11:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Only 700 hours? I feel your pain. I am now a happy owner too and pray I won't have any issues with it.
post #828 of 832 Old 05-28-2013, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpaule View Post

GREEN 1-2% VERTICAL BAND RIGHT EDGE started about 3 weeks ago.

Bulb 700 hours.

My thoughts:

1. May need convergence adjustment.

2. Light Engine replacement.

Mitsu USA tech not helpful, other than offering to have it shipped in.

What do you guys think, any suggestions?

Anyone have a link to service manual download?

To answer above poster's question still very very happy with the machine otherwise.
We also still find the 3D performance impressive.

Ouch, I hope this is not like the pink strip issues the older JVC's get at around 1500 hours?

Is your pj ceiling mounted or shelf?

Mine will hopefully arrive this week and the reason I bought it was to replace my pj that has the pink stripe...

post #829 of 832 Old 05-28-2013, 01:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Call Lumagen and ask. Their top of the line does Pip and Pop and this is really just like those except showing four instead of two. I think showing four would help sales quite a bit and a good option gor their coming top of the line 4K in machine. If enough people want a feature, Lumagen will make it happen if the machine's processing power allows.

Mark Haflich

post #830 of 832 Old 06-01-2013, 10:33 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post

Ouch, I hope this is not like the pink strip issues the older JVC's get at around 1500 hours?

Is your pj ceiling mounted or shelf?

Mine will hopefully arrive this week and the reason I bought it was to replace my pj that has the pink stripe...

Ceiling mount.

MEVSA / Mitsu Presentations tech thinks i may have bad light engine or "block".

They were frank with me that if the problem is not fixable, or it will cost a lot, they will just get me a new unit. Unit is on
its way to service now.

===========================================================================================

For 3D users I have a good tip.

I have been using Renata CH (Suisse) made batteries in my quartz watches for a while, my Porsche Design's
finally croaked after 6 years, IMHO that is a good run.

Renata CR2032 for the EY-3DGS-1U OEM glasses:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00478NMSS/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My system:
post #831 of 832 Old 06-18-2013, 04:14 PM
AVS Club Gold

OK, Mitsubishi is overnighting me an HC5 replacement with full warranty.

This is why I stuck with Mitsubishi for all these years, this is my first Chinese
projector and it broke down as expected but the company is not letting me down.

Now I am tempted to sell the HC5 and get a VPL-VW95ES but i wouldn't want to deal with
the Sony Laredo brutal script reading critters so I will abstain.

Hopefully the HC5 is improved, at least I can use the IR emitter, 8 pairs
of 3D glasses, anad the 2 spare HC9000D bulbs in it.

My system:
post #832 of 832 Old 04-21-2014, 04:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 41
My HC9000d has a vertical green band on the right side of the screen. It will be 6 months for a new optical unit to fix it. Mitsubishi has offered me an HC8000D-BL as a replacement. Should I take it?

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Mitsubishi Hc9000d 3d 1080p Lcd Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page