Forum Jump: 

post #4771 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 07:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Thanks, I must have missed that. I still dont understand why the projector would do that? What mode do we get close to the 1300 advertised lumens in if not 3d??? I am confused obviously......

Edit: I quoted you before your last sentence which could explain why it is doing it the way it does.

Still curious what mode gets us close to the 1300 lumen spec though?

Hi,

in this case "new mode : off"

1200 lumens, but it's not at D65.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4772 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cine4Home View Post

Why exactly I dont know, does anyone here have an idea? I just can say that i observe the same phenomenon with some 3D-LCD-TVs also... so there must be some technical benefits... probably to reduce ghosting.

1300 Lumen is in 2D, uncalibrated, Iris open, closest zoom.

Regards,
Ekki

I can understand this on some LCD flat panels, such as the Samsung's where for 3D mode they are refreshing at 240Hz (120 Hz per eye) but with black frame insertion (with 60 actual video frames plus 60 black frames per sec. per eye). Such displays have an effective refresh rate of 120 Hz total in 3D mode even though they can advertise 240 Hz. Such a 3D display scheme should measure approx. 50% lower light output than in 2D mode. Because of the relatively slow response time of LCD displays they need to insert the black frames to prevent or at least reduce crosstalk between the right and left images.

However, its really not clear why the JVC projectors, which are spec'ed have a max. 120 Hz total refresh rate (60 Hz per eye) would produce any lower total light level in 3D vs. 2D modes.

QUESTIONS for Ekkehart and Petri - I know we have heard nothing from JVC to suggest this, but is there any chance that the JVC projectors actually are also inserting black frames to made LCoS support 3D and when they talk about 96 Hz and 120 Hz refresh rates for 3D they are talking about the effective refresh rates (only counting the actual video frames and not the black frames) and the actual total refresh rates in 3D mode are 192 Hz and 240 Hz respectively? Is this how Sony is using the 240 Hz 3D mode on the VW90 to deal with the response time limitations with their LCoS panels (SXRD)?

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
post #4773 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by 703 View Post

X7 Test (Pre prod model).

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...RG98uNdBk-KD7g

"The native contrast is still very good. Calibrated, there are no cons with real gain over the previous generation

"the CIE diagrams are loyal to different standards (THX, Adobe Standard, ...)"

Thank you for this. There is some interesting information in the screen shots they provided - very good to get a look at those.

A few points of interest in particular:

1) One thing that jumped out at me is that there is now an Axis Position setting in the CMS. That's definitely new. Anyone know what benefit such a setting provides?

2) The measured gamuts looked good. THX mode looked reasonably well except for some error in magenta. There is a Standard CIE shown which looks even better. I wonder if that's a measurement he made after manually adjusting the CMS?

At any rate, that's a great start. However I'd really like to see the xyY values measured to know what the dE was. In particular, we cannot judge the accuracy of the colors from these graphs because there is no Y (luminance) value reflected in the CIE. That's why we need the values.

Does anyone know how to contact the author of that preview? Maybe they are an AVS member? I'd like to reach out and get more info - the specific measurements and calculate the dE. Ultimately this won't matter for those with calibration tools and skills because it can be dialed in great - I am quite confident in that. But for those without this it will be pretty important.

3) You can see the new Dark/Bright sliders. This must be for the low end / high end gamma tweaks we've read about. I found it interesting that in the screen shot the Dark slider was on 2 instead of 0. I wonder if that was a tweak made by the reviewer, or if 2 is indeed the default. I'd like to ask him.

4) Super White is shown as a new HDMI type. Anyone know what this is designed to provide? I think the PS3 has such a mode as well. I wonder if its designed to be paired with the PS3 in this mode and if so what comes out of it...?

5) I liked that 3D rendering was in his Positives column at the end of the article. Although it was a little confusing because in the Negatives column there was some stuff in there about 3D flicker and so forth.

I wasn't too happy to see his desire for better convergence controls listed in the Negatives column. I wonder if this means he had some convergence issues which were not uniform, and then was frustrated that the controls are still such that he couldn't improve on area of the screen without worsening another. I would think that if his convergence was uniform and very good in the first place, he wouldn't have gone looking at the controls and remarked about their lack of progress there. Humm.
post #4774 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumlad View Post

If the PS3 does something in software to output 3D over HDMI 1.3, does that mean my 1.3 receiver would be fully capable of passing it through to the projector? Or do we need a 1.4 receiver?

I plan on getting a 1.4 receiver soon, but hope I don't need to upgrade it right away.

I asked someone in a Samsung Plasma thread if they were able to feed a 3D source through their HDMI 1.3a rated AVR and get 3D from their Samsung. I do not believe he mentioned which AVR it is. They said yes. So it is possible. Just not sure if all receivers will do it. Hoping mine will.
post #4775 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pteittinen View Post

Projecting a full IRE100 screen in side-by-side 3D mode, I calculated 537 lumen without glasses and 176 lumen with them.

And that's with a new bulb.
post #4776 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cine4Home View Post

I mentioned that already: The projector puts its brightness / contrast down by a certain margin in 3D, on the screen without(!) the glasses. Therefore the glasses do not cost as much light...

I guess it is some balance-tweaking between reaction time / panels and open times of glasses...

Regards,

cine4home - was this also with the pj running in 3D mode, were supposedly it uses a higher color temperature to achieve greater brightness? If so that's a double whammy.

Also I am curious - have you tried experimenting with 3D calibration? For instance putting the glasses before the meter, and then dialing in the CMS?
post #4777 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 07:46 AM
cpc
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

Thank you for this. There is some interesting information in the screen shots they provided - very good to get a look at those.

1) One thing that jumped out at me is that there is now an Axis Position setting in the CMS. That's definitely new. Anyone know what benefit such a setting provides?

2) The measured gamuts looked good. THX mode looked reasonably well except for some error in magenta. There is a Standard CIE shown which looks even better. I wonder if that's a measurement he made after manually adjusting the CMS?

At any rate, that's a great start. However I'd really like to see the xyY values measured to know what the dE was. In particular, we cannot judge the accuracy of the colors from these graphs because there is no Y (luminance) value reflected in the CIE. That's why we need the values.

Does anyone know how to contact the author of that preview? Maybe they are an AVS member? I'd like to reach out and get more info - the specific measurements and calculate the dE. Ultimately this won't matter for those with calibration tools and skills because it can be dialed in great - I am quite confident in that. But for those without this it will be pretty important.

3) You can see the new Dark/Bright sliders. This must be for the low end / high end gamma tweaks we've read about. I found it interesting that in the screen shot the Dark slider was on 2 instead of 0. I wonder if that was a tweak made by the reviewer, or if 2 is indeed the default. I'd like to ask him.

4) Super White is shown as a new HDMI type. Anyone know what this is designed to provide? I think the PS3 has such a mode as well. I wonder if its designed to be paired with the PS3 in this mode and if so what comes out of it...?

5) I liked that 3D rendering was in his Positives column at the end of the article. Although it was a little confusing because in the Negatives column there was some stuff in there about 3D flicker and so forth.

I wasn't too happy to see his desire for better convergence controls listed in the Negatives column. I wonder if this means he had some convergence issues which were not uniform, and then was frustrated that the controls are still such that he couldn't improve on area of the screen without worsening another. I would think that if his convergence was uniform and very good in the first place, he wouldn't have gone looking at the controls and remarked about their lack of progress there. Humm.

Hope the colour decoding is generally ok.

I too don't like the negative comments about convergence. My main concern is with sharpness and I'm looking at the RS40/X3. If the X7 presents less than satisfactory convergence, what hope is there for the lower models?
post #4778 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
For anyone whos interested, I will have some numbers later from an X7 that was tested yesterday. I'll post them when I get them.

--------------------------------------------
"Wow, do you think you are Adonis"...... "Baby, I'm not A-donis, I'm THE-donis"
post #4779 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 07:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 406 Post(s)
Liked: 461
Toe. I have told you this over and over. 3D shutter glass systems eat up about 84% of the light available in 2D. If you crank up the color temperature to 8000K and open up the throttle restrictor plates wide, you can get 1300 ANSI from the new JVCs. That gives you through the glasses of the brightness you would get in 2D of about 200 lumens. New bulb. Closest throw.

Over and over and over. What`s there to understand. What`s there not to believe. Commercial theaters in 3D only get 2 TO 4 ft lamberts. You will likely get more depending on your screen size.

How much more will you really want. A lot more once you see 3D in the same blazing brightness you now get in 2D. There are various ways of getting it now. One can use two projectors, special screens for 3D, I am not going into it here again. And Kevin, for 3D purposes only, no matter what your screen guy says, there are better ones than what he said. From a light perspective, a 100% polarizing preserving one with glasses with the right aligned polarizer and then some gain. As much as your viewing environment and arrangement can stand.

Mark Haflich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

call me at: 240 876 2536
post #4780 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones View Post

I can understand this on some LCD flat panels, such as the Samsung's where for 3D mode they are refreshing at 240Hz (120 Hz per eye) but with black frame insertion (with 60 actual video frames plus 60 black frames per sec. per eye). Such displays have an effective refresh rate of 120 Hz total in 3D mode even though can advertise 240 Hz. Such a 3D display scheme should measure approx. 50% lower than in 2D mode. Because of the relatively slow response time of LCD displays they need to insert the black frames to prevent or at least reduce crosstalk between the right and left images.

I'd guess JVC does something similar to that, too. That's the only reasonable explanation I can think of why their 3D output should be lower brightness compared to 2D output *without* glasses.
post #4781 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldmachine View Post

For anyone whos interested, I will have some numbers later from an X7 that was tested yesterday. I'll post them when I get them.

Really looking forward to it ! Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4782 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

... Commercial theaters in 3D only get 2 TO 4 ft lamberts. You will likely get more depending on your screen size...

Maybe some theaters, but certainly not all. I saw Megamind in Real3D IMAX and I can assure you it was much higher than 2-4ftL. I used to run my Ruby at around 5ftL (which surprisingly I found acceptable) so I have a pretty good frame of reference for what that level looks like.

If I had to take a totally WAG I'd say it was closer to 15-20ftL when I saw Megamind. Of course that is a WAG because I don't think I nor many others can estimate ftL by eye without a reference point at hand. But this should at least give you an idea of how much brighter Megamind appeared compared to the 2-4ftL estimate.
post #4783 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 07:58 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:

Toe. I have told you this over and over. 3D shutter glass systems eat up about 84% of the light available in 2D. If you crank up the color temperature to 8000K and open up the throttle restrictor plates wide, you can get 1300 ANSI from the new JVCs. That gives you through the glasses of the brightness you would get in 2D of about 200 lumens. New bulb. Closest throw.

Over and over and over. What`s there to understand. What`s there not to believe. Commercial theaters in 3D only get 2 TO 4 ft lamberts. You will likely get more depending on your screen size.

How much more will you really want. A lot more once you see 3D in the same blazing brightness you now get in 2D. There are various ways of getting it now. One can use two projectors, special screens for 3D, I am not going into it here again. And Kevin, for 3D purposes only, no matter what your screen guy says, there are better ones than what he said. From a light perspective, a 100% polarizing preserving one with glasses with the right aligned polarizer and then some gain. As much as your viewing environment and arrangement can stand.

Mark, get over yourself I understand that, I just did not understand WHY we were getting 5xx lumens before the glasses went on...............the ~200 lumen figure was to be expected............could you take a bit of your own advice and just chill out?

Quote:

What type of X7 is this just for reference? Prototype, pre-production, first phase production, 2nd phase production, other.......?

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #4784 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

OK, Let' chill out and quit attacking JVC and and Chris who has been helping us here to the extent he is allowed to and can.

Hang on, Mark. So it's OK for you to take the piss out of JVC and THX for post after post after post, but once I make my first post addressing him with a serious question, I'm attacking him?

Quote:

Do you think all the reviewers will understand that they are getting preproduction. You know some might be fooled because we ship them in production boxes and give them serial numbers. Look they may be morons but they are not idiots.

Sure love being called a moron. For the record, I told the JVC rep several times in advance I will not review a pre-production model and was assured every time I'm getting a production model.

Please, feel free to call me by my first name, Petri.
post #4785 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 08:13 AM

Hi,

Quote:

There are a new color axis "orange", not very useful but it exists.

Quote:

No, there are no adjustement by CMS for Standard CIE, the reference is sRGB (or Rec709 or HDTV, as you want).

Quote:

Maybe in the next few day, but at this time we haven't any measure except the fact that this sample as the same level on brightness and contrast at D65 as an HD 950 (and no more).

Quote:

Not really AVS members, but HCFR member :

http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/m...rofile&u=21536

http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/m...wprofile&u=272

and maybe they could ask at your two next questions (by private message or if you write french on HCFR forum, we have a thread on this projector :

http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/v...212#p174260212.

Quote:

Quote:

I understand they found the 3D picture very impressive, maybe the best they could have seen currently, but finally not very good (very far from 2D pictures) and not bright too.

Quote:

I understand (too) they want "more" than 1/2 pixel adjustement and maybe by area, but they didn't speak about a convergence issue on this sample.

And sorry for my english (not very good as you can see).
post #4786 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

0 is the default, so the reviewer must've tweaked the setting before taking the photo.

Quote:

It's for video levels 16-255 and should be used only with Super White compatible equipment and with Super White-enabled DVDs/BDs, says the manual.

post #4787 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 08:27 AM
cpc
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebes View Post

Hi,

There are a new color axis "orange", not very useful but it exists.

No, there are no adjustement by CMS for Standard CIE, the reference is sRGB (or Rec709 or HDTV, as you want).

Maybe in the next few day, but at this time we haven't any measure except the fact that this sample as the same level on brightness and contrast at D65 as an HD 950 (and no more).

Not really AVS members, but HCFR member :

http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/m...rofile&u=21536

http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/m...wprofile&u=272

and maybe they could ask at your two next questions (by private message or if you write french on HCFR forum, we have a thread on this projector :

http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/v...212#p174260212.

I understand they found the 3D picture very impressive, maybe the best they could seen currently, but finally not very good (very far from 2D pictures) and not bright too.

I understand (too) they want "more" as 1/2 pixel adjustement and maybe by area, but they didn't speak about a convergence issue on this sample.

And sorry for my english (not very good as you can see).

Interesting info.

It is true they didn't mention 'convergence' or 'sharpness' performance in particular, but, just the mention of anything to do with convergence in a negative list is not the best. Hopefully they are referring very specifically to the adjustments themselves, and not discussing these adjustments because of any desire on their part to 'fix' anything.

I for one would prefer much more reports regarding sharpness and convergence! Comparisons with the previous generation would be helpful. Is sharpness the same? Is it better? Surely one would hope that it can't be worse. In any discussions of sharpness, it's best that the convergence be noted, and then the sharpness. Poor convergence can make an image look soft, but, an image with good convergence can still look soft because of the chip and/or lens optics. Sharpness is very important. I hope we get more feedback about this.
post #4788 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

One thing I haven't seen discussed since I joined this thread is calibration. (Heh, while I was writing this lovingdvd asked Ekkehart about it ) These babies are going to be a b**** to calibrate for 3D while taking into account both the glasses and the screen. I don't know what equipment Cine4Home has access to, but having tooled with X3 for a couple of hours last night I have the feeling my Klein K-10 gets confused by the glasses.

post #4789 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc View Post

It is true they didn't mention 'convergence' or 'sharpness' performance in particular, but, just the mention of anything to do with convergence in a negative list is not the best. Hopefully they are referring very specifically to the adjustments themselves, and not discussing these adjustments because of any desire on their part to 'fix' anything. I for one would prefer much more reports regarding sharpness and convergence!

There's a half a pixel vertical misconvergence in blue on the left side of the screen and half a pixel vertical misconvergence in red on the right side of the screen on the X7 I have here. It's worse on the X3 and fixing it would require not only 1/2 pixel adjustment but also several zones.

post #4790 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:

Also I am curious - have you tried experimenting with 3D calibration? For instance putting the glasses before the meter, and then dialing in the CMS?

No, we havent made real 3D calibration experiments yet. Contrast measurement in 3D will also be very tricky and the results very interesting, as contrast is obviously affected in 3D mode.

We did try different gamma settings and found out that an optimized gamma is -crucial- for a good 3d performance! standard 2,2 gamma will not be the holy grail here, in contrary..

Regards,
post #4791 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 08:41 AM
cpc
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pteittinen View Post

There's a half a pixel vertical misconvergence in blue on the left side of the screen and half a pixel vertical misconvergence in red on the right side of the screen on the X7 I have here. It's worse on the X3 and fixing it would require not only 1/2 pixel adjustment but also several zones.

Thanks. Much appreciated. I realize the unit you have is pre-production.
How is the convergence in the centre of the screen.

How does the picture of the X3 look to your eyes? Does the sharpness look ok or do you think it's lacking, and if so, do you figure it's the convergence or can you see chromatic aberation (lens issue).
post #4792 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

How is the convergence in the centre of the screen.

Both red and blue are ever so slightly off.

Quote:

How does the picture of the X3 look to your eyes? Does the sharpness look ok or do you think it's lacking, and if so, do you figure it's the convergence or can you see chromatic aberation (lens issue).

Both X3 and X7 look very sharp to my eyes, even with misconvergence. Granted, I haven't switched on my HD950 during the time I've had these two for testing, so haven't done any actual comparisons, but going by gut feeling alone I'd say both are sharper than the HD950.

post #4793 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:

Interesting info.

It is true they didn't mention 'convergence' or 'sharpness' performance in particular, but, just the mention of anything to do with convergence in a negative list is not the best. Hopefully they are referring very specifically to the adjustments themselves, and not discussing these adjustments because of any desire on their part to 'fix' anything.

I for one would prefer much more reports regarding sharpness and convergence! Comparisons with the previous generation would be helpful. Is sharpness the same? Is it better? Surely one would hope that it can't be worse. In any discussions of sharpness, it's best that the convergence be noted, and then the sharpness. Poor convergence can make an image look soft, but, an image with good convergence can still look soft because of the chip and/or lens optics. Sharpness is very important. I hope we get more feedback about this.

Hi,

somebody ask the same question on our forum about "sharpness" but we haven't any answers at this time. One author underline the fact it was a "sample" and not a finalized model. But it seems to me, if there was an important progress on sharpness or convergence, it shoud be reported and it's not the case.
post #4794 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 08:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin View Post

I bought the RS1 from Jason "way back in the day" as well, and I remain quite happy considering what I paid for my projector and how much time has passed since then.

The biggest problem with that RS1 thread is that it was started by some boob who doesn't have a clue about anything.

No wonder this thread is already well on it's way to surpassing that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post

Yeah I didn't men to come off like a jag or anything but in the grand scheme of things I for one have fun here and it's nice to learn some things along the way from some really good people.

Yeah, unlike that RS1 thread, there are good people here!

I have to work on my dry sense of humor more.

Point of reference: I was the one who started the RS1 thread.

post #4795 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

CM, no offence but considering that you've been an anti-JVC guy ever since the RS1 days (your posts clearly show this over the years) I would still be interested in your findings primarily the noise issue even though it won't be a final production unit.

Even if all the JVC models were perfect in every other category but displayed the noise we are reading about from cine4home it would be a deal breaker for me. There is nothing worse IMO than noise in a PJ, I can live with noise in the source because it's how the director wanted to present the film ie: Miami Vice just to name one, but noise from the actual unit is totally unacceptable. <---------- Period!!

Cheers
Chris

Sony VPL-VW500ES, 150" width 2.35:1 screen, Proud owner of 1 of 399 Enzo Ferrari's in the world, a gorgeous yellow Ferrari 599GTB, + a 1970 Road Runner see it

post #4796 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Apparently there are some that feel the Reon-VX is "unusable" for game playing............I ran a quick search through the 15/25 threads and found that this seems to be a non-issue as people in there seemed thrilled with gaming on these projectors...........anybody have a negative gaming experience with the 15/25/35 that they would care to report as far as "noticeable" game lag?

I dont personally game a ton, but definitely did a fair amount between me and my GFs 2 daughters (including Rock Band and quite a few FPSs which would be most sensitive to lag I would think) on the RS1 (which is also supposedly "terrible" for gaming) and NEVER noticed or had any issues.

Petri or ekkehart, have you done any gaming on the X3 or X7? Any noticeable lag to your eyes?

depends what your playing and how your playing.
for instance i found FPS shooters a complete joke on the JVC HD750 because it is laggy as hell for twitch gaming, but driving games were absolutly fine. But anything that required fast panning just fell apart to the point i gave up and just played that type of game on my Kuro plasma instead, and my results were much better and kill rate increased due to not figting the lag.

but i do play alot of FPS etc and need a rapid response time.

Dustin
post #4797 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Dallas View Post

CM, no offence but considering that you've been an anti-JVC guy ever since the RS1 days (your posts clearly show this over the years) I would still be interested in your findings primarily the noise issue even though it won't be a final production unit.

Chris, Your ad hominem accusation makes no sense at all. I have bought each of the last 2 generations of JVC machines for an ongoing project, reviewed them here and had those reviews praised by many respected members for their fair and accurate nature and content. I will be replacing the last one with a current model. I also auditioned the Meridian 810 for my current room, and thats a JVC machine too.

I am not anti any company or equipment, such an approach would be utterly idiotic. I am totally pro image quality. I simply call it how I see it, and anyone who doesnt like what I say can either redress my posts, ignore me or blow me.

Let me be clear....Currently, I think that JVC, without any doubt whatsoever, make some of the best machines available at their price point. I cant be clearer than that.

I dont think we need take this any further.

--------------------------------------------
"Wow, do you think you are Adonis"...... "Baby, I'm not A-donis, I'm THE-donis"
post #4798 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandley View Post

depends what your playing and how your playing.
for instance i found FPS shooters a complete joke on the JVC HD750 because it is laggy as hell for twitch gaming, but driving games were absolutly fine. But anything that required fast panning just fell apart to the point i gave up and just played that type of game on my Kuro plasma instead, and my results were much better and kill rate increased due to not figting the lag.

but i do play alot of FPS etc and need a rapid response time.

Interesting, thanks.

I have never noticed any issue (not saying it is not there, just that if it is there it is a non issue for me since I have not noticed it) on my RS1 and my kill rate is/was horrible on both my Panny plasma and RS1

How does the RS1 compare to the 750 as far as lag? I would have to think the 750 would be as good or better which would make all this a non issue for me as gaming on my RS1 was always great to my eyes with no noticeable issues.

post #4799 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 09:31 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 193
I think the gaming question depends on the person. I've gamed on RS series projectors starting with the RS1 -> RS20 -> RS35 and have never had any issues with lag. The only thing I play is FPS shooters as well and only online multiplayer.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #4800 of 8828 Old 11-14-2010, 09:35 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

I think the gaming question depends on the person. I've gamed on RS series projectors starting with the RS1 -> RS20 -> RS35 and have never had any issues with lag. The only thing I play is FPS shooters as well and only online multiplayer.

This seems to be the general consensus (no issues) if you read through the 15/25/35 threads as well on this particular topic (not trying to discredit those who have had issues, but those individuals seem to be in the extreme minority). Thanks.

Closed Thread Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page