post #181 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post

I think you misunderstood the cine4home preview. FWIW, German is my native language, so I was able to read the preview in its original form and I think the new wire grid polarizers are in the X3, too.

P.S: Confirmed by chappie in the other thread. The X3 does have the new polarizers, too.

you might be right:

"These values are by new "Pure Wire Grids allows for light polarization and improved iris focal point for stray light reduction, in addition, the lamp is adjusted in brightness to the chosen opening degrees (X7 and X9)."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 163
im always lusting for better "pussy cats"

Im thinking of using my Carada BW 1.4 screen for 2D and maybe getting a pulldown HP screen for 3D. That way we get even brighter 3D!
post #183 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 08:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post

Why would any videophile want to use 2D to 3D conversion? That's like on-the-fly colorization. Even post-processed professional 2D-3D conversions rarely look good: I just watched the latest Resident Evil film in 3D IMAX and the processed 3D looked artificial and akward in most every shot... completely unlike "native" 3D films like AVATAR or Coraline. And that's $$$ in post-production processing overseen by a director who shot the film in 2D planning for a 3D conversion. Why would a chip in a projector doing conversion on-the-fly do an acceptable job by comparison?

Yeah, 3d conversions are terrible in real time, and i would never use this feature. They can however, have decent results if done offline. but most of the current Hollywood conversions are rush jobs, and are terrible most of the time (g-force, Alice in wonder land are examples of a decent conversion, clash of the titans and last air bender examples of a terrible rush job)

However, the new resident evil movie is shot in native 3d, (at least the live action, but really, any 3d rendering effects should also be native 3d)
So if you thought the 3d sucked for that one, it may be inexperience by the director more than anything else with 3d, I've yet to see this one for myself.
Or it could be the 3d IMAX theater. i know IMAX operators sometimes mess with the convergence, which can make the pop out effects seem over the top.
post #184 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenificent1 View Post

You forgot to add: new bulb technology; new "pure wire grid" polarizers in the x7 and x9 to increase contrast and reduce light scatter, which could mean higher ANSI contrast as well. AND new 7 axis CMS.

I'd also be curious about Epson's newly developed LCOS technology that also boasts high native contrast, and how it's similar/different to JVC's DILA design.

1080p and lossless audio. EVERY BD should have them both.
post #185 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 08:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 447
I love it when someone buys an upper end of the mid class projector and uses it over the full year for a total of less than 200 hours and then feels compelled to buy the replacement taking a hugh loss on last years purchase. How can our economy be failing?

Besides. Kutlow is a friend. But really, 195 hours? That is about 1\\2 hour per day. some here spend that much time each day playing with the various controls on their projectors. they certainly spend that much time reading and posting on AVS.

Mark Haflich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

call me at: 240 876 2536
post #186 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 08:23 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamus View Post

I think you're confused, this has nothing to do with crosstalk, a faster refresh means less flicker, that's the only benefit of a higher shutter rate.

Crosstalk is caused, most of the time because of the glasses LCD quality, and in the case of some of the new HDTV's, because of having less than stellar response times.
But MOST of the time, it's the quality of the glasses.

Think of an old CRT monitor. and how it would have noticeable flicker at 60 Hz on a white background, because every-time it would flash it would go full black.
It's the same with shutter glasses, 120Hz, even 96 Hz will be enough to keep flicker to a minimum, it won't be noticeable most of the time, maybe a little bit on a fully white scene, but that's about it...
Think about it this way, every time you go to the movie theater and see a film movie, there's MUCH more flicker there than with 60 hz per eye.

BTW, while 240 Hz would be nice for some extreme 120Hz per eye frame interpolation and a pretty much flicker free image, the downside to this is even less light.
For me, i would use 96Hz for movies, and 120Hz for everything else.

Thank you for your answer :-)
post #187 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omicronian View Post

Me too, only based on those specs, at 4000$ it's half the price of the Sony and it's brighter and better. But I'm still curious about the secret 3D brightness that was hyped. We are missing the big piece of the puzzle here.

It sounds like JVC might be about to give me a 3D projector that beats out the performance of my RS2 in 2D <-> 2D characteristics. And for 4K? I just might have to be thrify this year. I'll survive without a color CMS though I'd prefer it. The only thing JVC didn't give me that's still on my wish list was LED/Laser light... but at $4K I'm willing to enjoy bulb light for a while longer.

post #188 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

I love it when someone buys an upper end of the mid class projector and uses it over the full year for a total of less than 200 hours and then feels compelled to buy the replacement taking a hugh loss on last years purchase. How can our economy be failing?

Besides. Kutlow is a friend. But really, 195 hours? That is about 1\\2 hour per day. some here spend that much time each day playing with the various controls on their projectors. they certainly spend that much time reading and posting on AVS.

Probably two factors at work here - 1) New toys are a male addiction whether it's trucks, sports cars, projectors, T.Vs and so on, and 2) we're also (males) always looking for something better and don't like being left behind! These two things are what keeps economies going as long as there is income to support it; however, with borrowed money the pile up of payments becomes a major problem after awhile. I never buy toys on credit so I always think twice before I purchase since I'm departing with money that hasn't come easily. The major drawback to buying a relatively expensive projector each year, is obviously, the brutal depreciation. Let's face it - it's cheaper to go to the movies twice a week or more than upgrading every year.

And to those anti 3D zealots who said 3D would kill innovation and advancement for 2D - JVC HAS MADE YOU LOOK LIKE COMPLETE IDIOTS AND FEAR MONGERS!!!

End of rant.
post #189 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 08:41 AM

So does this mean that the MSRP of the X3 is lower than the MSRP of the HD550? IIRC the MSRP of the 550 is $4999......
post #190 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 08:42 AM
Advanced Member

Yeah, i see what you mean Mark, this is a VERY incremental upgrade from last year. specially for the higher end of the scale (the low end at least now gets a proper gamut preset, and CR comparable to last year's high end model)
For me, the biggest problem with JVC products is that. Well, I can't really afford them.
I have a reconditioned RS1x (with full warranty) that i got for $2250 about a year and a half ago. I like it a lot, I've used it quite a bit, but not nearly as much as i'd use it if the light source wearing out wasn't a lingering concern every time i want to use it.

I mean, i won't turn it on just to watch TV shows or anything on TV for that matter.
If the light source had comparable life to an HDTV i'd have it on all day for just about any content, no matter how bad the content looked.

So, really, this is almost as pointless an upgrade as the people that went from RS20 to either the RS25 or RS30, except of course for 3d support, which is the only thing that will be a really noticeable new feature for almost anyone that isn't you. (the owner)

Because i'll be damned if Joe six pack will be able to tell the CR difference between last years models and this years. or the fact that motion dithering is gone. (nice improvements, but most people won't notice them), or the fact that the image is more evenly lit (nice, but i dare people tell apart new lamps from old in most situations)

So, while these new projectors will be awesome for people that have really old models, or are looking to build a new HT from scratch.
For the people that feel compelled to upgrade are really going to be on diminishing returns for their money, but at least they'll get more for their upgrade this time than the people that went from RS20 to RS25, since at least they get 3d support along with their very incremental upgrades.

Unless i can sell my RS1x for a decent amount of cash, i don't see myself getting any of these new JVC projectors, as much as i would like one. (and i do...)

But i have to say, if they had made these projectors with the same, or very similar specs and a new light source, like say, lasers or LED's, i'd have a much easier time justifying buying one since i'd be able to use it all day every day. As opposed to only when i feel content worthy of watching on my big screen.
post #191 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

CM. I agree with you.

And I with you. I think these will be great 2D PJs at their price point, and I'll certainly be having a test drive. I was just pointing out that there is a massive amount of power needed for good 3D.

There is also the speed issue. Im not sure if they are fast enough, crosstalk issues have already been noted.

I think Lawguy nailed it when he thought they were 2D machines with 3D tagged on.

PS. Another missed opportunity, yet again, by not splitting the zoom range.

--------------------------------------------
"Wow, do you think you are Adonis"...... "Baby, I'm not A-donis, I'm THE-donis"
post #192 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

But really, 195 hours? That is about 1\\2 hour per day. some here spend that much time each day playing with the various controls on their projectors. they certainly spend that much time reading and posting on AVS.

200 hours a year is a couple movies a week, which is perfectly reasonable. I consider myself a pretty intensive user and I'm at 1,600 hours on my VW50 after four years. Which makes it perfect timing for an upgrade.

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.
-George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four
post #193 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:

I am not trying to be an elitist here and i don`t have the cash to spend on an expensive projector for myself either, but few here have seen how great high 3d looks with high lumens and will fool themselves in thinking what they get at this price level is just great.

I know the Dalite 2.8 HP is considered sacrilege to the elitists, but consider me a sinner. I can accomodate the viewing cone / projector position to perfectly take advantage of this screen material.

I like bright and big which explains the custom sized Cinema Contour with the 2.8 material, 142" diagonal that Jason just delivered recently. This screen is begging for the new 3d JVC and with the size / high gain, the 3D effect should be quite pleasing.

I am excited for these new projectors and glad I didn't fold into buying an older model in the last few weeks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #194 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 09:04 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldmachine View Post

I think Lawguy nailed it when he thought they were 2D machines with 3D tagged on.

This is true, all current 3d is built on 2d platform. Expect all new panels designed for 3D from the ground up by all next year. These newer panels will also allow perfect 120 240 motion flow. We will all be upgrading again next year
post #195 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 09:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cine4Home View Post

Yes

That's good, thanks.

However, I don't know what this means:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cine4Home View Post

and with the X7 and X9 models the lamp is autmatically adjusted to the Iris opening.

Is that the "Advanced lens aperture and lamp" noted in the technical chart?

I'm not sure what this does and why; could you explain please?

Much obliged.

(I note the specs for sound levels have actually gone up a db from my RS20 to the new models. Probably because they are brighter).

Rich H

post #196 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:

Why would any videophile want to use 2D to 3D conversion? That's like on-the-fly colorization. Even post-processed professional 2D-3D conversions rarely look good: I just watched the latest Resident Evil film in 3D IMAX and the processed 3D looked artificial and akward in most every shot... completely unlike "native" 3D films like AVATAR or Coraline. And that's $$$ in post-production processing overseen by a director who shot the film in 2D planning for a 3D conversion. Why would a chip in a projector doing conversion on-the-fly do an acceptable job by comparison?

Wow! Are you serious! I don't consider myself a videophile. Why would I want to? Videophiles, in my opinion, are self absorbed sanctimonious morons who obsess over every little detail and haven't the time or patience to actually enjoy content. They use content only as a means of evaluating equipment. Only audiophiles take this kind of fanaticism to a lower level. Not true?

I've seen 2D to 3D conversion on the Samsung T.V .s and with some material it actually looks quite good, at least to me and enough others, that Panasonic, who claimed they'd never include it as a feature, is now introducing it on some new models because its market share was getting smucked! I look at it as a band-aid, like upconversion of SD to 1080p was, until some meaningful content arrives. If you have actually spent some time with on-the-fly 2D to 3D conversion (I think Samsung does it best) evaluating it with an assortment of material and don't like it, then fine. Live and let live seems to be anathema around here! In fact, a lot of videophiles think of 3D in the same way you think of 2D to 3D conversion. To them 3D is a gimmick that should have stayed buried in the 1980s!

My next rant will be later this evening.
post #197 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post

And to those anti 3D zealots who said 3D would kill innovation and advancement for 2D - JVC HAS MADE YOU LOOK LIKE COMPLETE IDIOTS AND FEAR MONGERS!!!

Luckily for us, they don't work in the CE industry or we wouldn't have these new JVC's. We'd still be watching black and white TV's because there was "no content".
post #198 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:

The specs are out on the new 3D models? Please provide me with a link, as I must have missed it.

post #199 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldmachine View Post

And I with you. I think these will be great 2D PJs at their price point, and I'll certainly be having a test drive. I was just pointing out that there is a massive amount of power needed for good 3D.

There is also the speed issue. Im not sure if they are fast enough, crosstalk issues have already been noted.

PS. Another missed opportunity, yet again, by not splitting the zoom range.

In order to accomodate the "add on" feature of 3D, you get a new bulb design, brighter optical path, higher native contrast panels, and faster response-time allowing 240Hz... as a partial list to the improvements of this new breed of JVC machines that were driven by factors to deliver an acceptable 3D image that also deliver an even better 2D image.

Win-Win. But just because JVC isn't forcing consumers who aren't personally interested in 3D to pay the added cost for the 3D shutter glasses and IR emiter, doesn't mean that characterizing the 3D feature a merely an afterthought or add-on is entirely accurate given how many product improvements were driven with 3D in mind.

And yes, as some of us were saying all along things that make PJs better 3D products also make them better 2D products as well. Good times.

post #200 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

For me, the biggest problem with JVC products is that. Well, I can't really afford them.
I have a reconditioned RS1x (with full warranty) that i got for $2250 about a year and a half ago. I like it a lot, I've used it quite a bit, but not nearly as much as i'd use it if the light source wearing out wasn't a lingering concern every time i want to use it.

I mean, i won't turn it on just to watch TV shows or anything on TV for that matter.
If the light source had comparable life to an HDTV i'd have it on all day for just about any content, no matter how bad the content looked.

I used to feel the same way. but then I realized that by being stingy with my Projector time because of the fear of a several-hundred dollar replacement bulb meant that I was basically *wasting* the investment of several thousand dollars in the PJ hardware itself. Sure, if it's something you wouldn't have wanted to watch on the PJ anyway it doesn't really count. But if you really *would have* wanted to watch that sit-com, or HD discovery program, or video game, or HD CNN newscast on the PJ, then by *not* using your PJ you're not amortizing that cost... so you're "spending more" of the PJ cost on the fewer programs you do watch that are deemed "worthy" of bulb hours.

My new mantra: enjoy the PJ. It's my one and only TV in my den/HT room and so it's on for the news, for an SD sit-com, for HD cable shows and for DVD and Blu-ray. but the real bulb-burner is video games. but you know... the fun you get using that PJ makes the bulb cost negligible. Make the thousands you paid for your fabulous PJ work for you by enjoying it and not holding back because of a bulb that's just a few hundred dollars by comparison.

BTW, I have the RS2 clone and love it (also bought used to save $$). though I'm really itching for 3D and a $4K product that looks *better* than my RS2 in 2-D mode. here's a thought... wait and buy an X3 on the used market for $2-3K. You know that many folks who buy a X3 out of the gate will be chomping at the bit to upgrade the year after to JVC's next comparable/step-up contender....

post #201 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:

I used to feel the same way. but then I realized that by being stingy with my Projector time because of the fear of a several-hundred dollar replacement bulb meant that I was basically *wasting* the investment of several thousand dollars in the PJ hardware itself. Sure, if it's something you wouldn't have wanted to watch on the PJ anyway it doesn't really count. But if you really *would have* wanted to watch that sit-com, or HD discovery program, or video game, or HD CNN newscast on the PJ, then by *not* using your PJ you're not amortizing that cost... so you're "spending more" of the PJ cost on the fewer programs you do watch that are deemed "worthy" of bulb hours.

My new mantra: enjoy the PJ. It's my one and only TV in my den/HT room and so it's on for the news, for an SD sit-com, for HD cable shows and for DVD and Blu-ray. but the real bulb-burner is video games. but you know... the fun you get using that PJ makes the bulb cost negligible. Make the thousands you paid for your fabulous PJ work for you by enjoying it and not holding back because of a bulb that's just a few hundred dollars by comparison.

BTW, I have the RS2 clone and love it (also bought used to save $$). though I'm really itching for 3D and a $4K product that looks *better* than my RS2 in 2-D mode. here's a thought... wait and buy an X3 on the used market for $2-3K. You know that many folks who buy a X3 out of the gate will be chomping at the bit to upgrade the year after to JVC's next comparable/step-up contender....

I agree...I have been using my RS2 for everything from sitcoms, to video games and movies. 710hours on my bulb since April. I enjoy the projector as much as I can! The 3D aspect of the new JVC is catching my attention though...especially for 3d gaming on the ps3.

Will these new projectors work with a firehawk g3?
post #202 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

In order to accomodate the "add on" feature of 3D, you get a new bulb design, brighter optical path, higher native contrast panels, and faster response-time allowing 240Hz... as a partial list to the improvements of this new breed of JVC machines that were driven by factors to deliver an acceptable 3D image that also deliver an even better 2D image.

Those factors are natural progressions, and good ones, but 3D was not the driving force that lead to 2D benefits. Its the other way around, and thats as it should be for these machines at this point in time.

post #203 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
In fact, a lot of videophiles think of 3D in the same way you think of 2D to 3D conversion. To them 3D is a gimmick that should have stayed buried in the 1980s!

My definition of videophile corresponds to my definition of audiophile: someone who is concerned with audio (video) reproduction that maintains hi-fidelity to the source signal as intended by the studio master or artist intent.

"Conversions" like 2D-3D or colorization don't comport with the goals of "hi-fidelity".

Upconversion does, because the 480-res image isn't the reference point: the HD master the studio used or the original film-print or DI is the reference point.

Similarly, a 3D delivery of a native 3D signal is also in the service of hi-fidelity.

Being a videophile or an audiphile isn't about personal preferences or likes or dislikes (3D or otherwise): it's about being faithful to the source.

post #204 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamus View Post

Unless i can sell my RS1x for a decent amount of cash, i don't see myself getting any of these new JVC projectors, as much as i would like one. (and i do...)

In the UK a certain dealer has started advertising HD350 for around 60% of what I paid for mine 18 months ago. This has smashed any resale value such that I may as well keep it to use in the garden (like a drive in type setup ) when I feel ready to upgrade. However, this won't be for sometime as I'm only at 500 hours so far and I'd like to get some more use out of it first. The X3 looks like it would be similar performance to the HD750 I demo'd back when I bought my HD350, so I'd need to go to the X7 at least and that isn't going to happen anytime soon for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gouger View Post

This is true. Expect all new panels designed for 3D from the ground up by all next year. These newer panels will also allow perfect 120 240 motion flow. We will all be upgrading again next year

I have a feeling you could be right Alan, though maybe not all of us will be upgrading next year (unless perhaps I went for an end of line X9 or even a used HD990/RS35). It's still great to see what's coming out though. I'm more interested in whether there is any improvement in ANSI contrast as that's been the weak area of the previous models.

Zooming: Been there, done that, bought the lens...
post #205 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin1965S View Post

I'm more interested in whether there is any improvement in ANSI contrast as that's been the weak area of the previous models.

Indeed, but in all honesty most rooms we see here, and even more so on the UK forum, are simply not close to being capable of yielding a high ANSI image anyway. Many wouldn't even reach triple digits.

post #206 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Can someone reliably confirm the main differences affecting the 2D/3D picture quality between all 3 projectors? I understand from CineHome's article that all 3 projectors will share the same new and improved core technologies.

So can someone confirm the primary feature differences between all 3 PJs? (See below - This is what I have gathered so far)

X3 projector:
-------------------
50,000:1 NCR
Lumens: 1300
New 220W lamp UHP
No CMS
Only 3 Levels of canvas correction? (What does that mean?)
Pure Wire Grids ??? (does that exist on the X3? I am reading conflicting answers)

X7 projector:
-------------------
70,000:1 NCR
New 220W lamp UHP (same as X3)
FULL CMS
99 Levels canvas correction? (Can some explain?)
Pure Wire Grids tech (Is that only on the X7 and X9?)

X9 projector:
------------------
Same as X7 but with 100,000:1 NCR
(Is that the only difference between the X7 and X9?)

CEDAR PEAKS CINEMA (Now w/ 3D)

post #207 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sorel View Post

The specs are out on the new 3D models? Please provide me with a link, as I must have missed it.

http://www.cine4home.de/news/JVC_DLA...X3_Preview.htm

Scroll all the way down.

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.
-George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four
post #208 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoFotis View Post

I agree...I have been using my RS2 for everything from sitcoms, to video games and movies. 710hours on my bulb since April. I enjoy the projector as much as I can! The 3D aspect of the new JVC is catching my attention though...especially for 3d gaming on the ps3.

Will these new projectors work with a firehawk g3?

Oh, don't get me wrong, i use my RS1 quite a bit, I've watched many many movies on it. (i have about 1,100 hrs on it)

That said, i also have a Panasonic VT25 3d TV. And just the fact that i can turn it on, watch it with the lights on (on the same room btw), and not really be glued to the TV when watching things like news (while i'm at my computer at the same time) basically means it gets a lot more use than my projector.
I certainly don't neglect my projector viewing time when it's on, but with my TV i can ignore it if i need to with out a care in the world if i'm also doing something else at the same time.

If how ever, i had a projector with 100,000 light source life, it would get the same treatment that my HDTV is getting, and i would definitely stop using my HDTV altogether in favor of the projector for even the most trivial things.

That's what my goal is eventually, to have a huge screen that can be on all day, even if i'm not watching it 100% of the time. (not that i would leave it on all day, but you get the idea)
post #209 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 10:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnite View Post

So does this mean that the MSRP of the X3 is lower than the MSRP of the HD550? IIRC the MSRP of the 550 is $4999......

Yes correct...
post #210 of 8828 Old 09-22-2010, 10:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnsam77 View Post

Can someone reliably confirm the main differences affecting the 2D/3D picture quality between all 3 projectors? I understand from CineHome's article that all 3 projectors will share the same new and improved core technologies.

So can someone confirm the primary feature differences between all 3 PJs? (See below - This is what I have gathered so far)

X3 projector:
-------------------
50,000:1 NCR
New 220W lamp UHP
No CMS
??? Pure Wire Grids ??? (does that exist on the X3? I am reading conflicting answers)

X7 projector:
-------------------
70,000:1 NCR
New 220W lamp UHP (same as X3)
FULL CMS
Pure Wire Grids tech (Is that only on the X7 and X9?)

X9 projector:
------------------
Same as X7 but with 100,000:1 NCR
(Is that the only difference between the X7 and X9?)

If the light source (220w bulb) and the Pure Wire Grids are on all 3 projectors (Please cofirm?), and the only picture-affecting feature differences are the CMS and NCR, I might consider going super cheap this time around and opt for the X3, this way I can justify spending more money in a couple of years for the 2nd or 3rd generation JVC 3D projectors. Just my 2 cents, I can live CMS free for a year or two in favor of having good 3D/2D performance now, and a much better 3D projector in 2012.

Similar to the RS25/35...the X7 has more hand picked parts and such...although overall very similar machines.
Closed Thread Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page