Ceiling Mounts fo JVC RS 40/50/60 - Page 12 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-22-2011, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Has anyone been successful with a premier Mount for this RS Series?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2011, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by davestan View Post

Hi Promike
Did you have to reverse the "L" piece that screws to the mount arms (as reported in an earlier post)?
It's interesting that on the Peerless website the fitting specs for the PRG-JVC-DLA (the dedicated mount for the X series) and the PRG-UNV (Universal) are the same.

No, it fit perfectly if I recall. Just the mounting screws were short. I let Peerless know, but I never heard from them.

Klipsch RF-7II(2)
Klipsch RC-64II
Klipsch RS-62II(2)
Klipsch Cornwalls(2)
Velodyne HGS-15
HSU VTF-15H
Marantz AV8801
Emotiva XPA-5
Emotiva XPA-3(2)
OPPO BDP-103
JVC DLA-X3 (121" screen)
Old 11-15-2011, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfly85 View Post

1/22/11 Update:

RPMA281
RPMB281
RPMC281

What is the difference between these 3 Chief mounts?
The Chief website doesn't really give any specific details on the exact differences.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42Plasmaman View Post

What is the difference between these 3 Chief mounts?
The Chief website doesn't really give any specific details on the exact differences.

The key (these units are lockable).

Geof
Old 11-15-2011, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof View Post

The key (these units are lockable).

You mean they come with a unique physical key?
So otherwise, these 3 mounts are the same?

Old 11-15-2011, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42Plasmaman View Post

You mean they come with a unique physical key?
So otherwise, these 3 mounts are the same?

IIRC yes, the unit comes with a key. I believe there are three different keys (A, B, C), otherwise the units are identical. AVS sell them so if you have any questions they can help you sort thru the (less than stellar) web site info.

Geof
Old 11-19-2011, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenificent1 View Post

Some good news, I think. I have the older Chief RPAU mount. It has adjustable "feet" at the end of each leg. If you reverse them like I did in the pic, there is more than enough span for the RS40's mounting holes (11.41" by 13.26"). I measured the mounting holes on the box and you can see it fits fine. The only possible issue is if the mounting screws will fit in the slots. If not, I figured I could always drill or file them bigger. What do you think?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post19622023

Did this work out?

Old 01-02-2012, 02:06 PM

Liked: 10
I got a CMS440, but none of the electrical boxes I have fit the cutouts. What are they designed to take? The metal surface mount handy boxes? (I didn't have any of those and hoping that's it.) I thought about adding their CMA470, but I'm worried that it would be too much weight and I want the ability to plug and unplug at will. Thanks.

Tim
Old 01-03-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraisa View Post

Has anyone been successful with a premier Mount for this RS Series?

Absolutely.....get their universal PBC-UMW White or Black and you won't find a better perfect fit. It works like a charm......costs hardly $130. I have it working with my JVC RS45. Installation is a breeze and so is the minute adjustments you can do with ease. I love it. Good luck.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:13 PM

Just wanted to say thanks all because I was having difficulty finding a mount that would work with my RS40. I must say I can't imagine any mount being better given the simple, easy mounting method and easy and simple ability to adjust and square to the screen, fantastic! IMHO this is the best option:

Precision Gear Universal Projector Mount
(PRG-UNV)

The funny thing is I called Peerless and they told me this mount wouldn't work. Just check the specs of the mount, it has the reach. They are wrong, it works without any flipping, fabrication, etc, right out of the box. I found this info in this thread, thks for whomever that was

Peerless suggested I get the custom model, but that one is not universal... it will only fit the JVC. I suppose you could drill some holes and make it work for other projectors.

Both the custom and universal mount are rated at 50lbs.

If your intent is to mount this directly to the ceiling/flush all you need to do is buy this mount. If you need a drop down tube you can buy a 1 1/2 standard threaded steel pipe or PVC. I used PVC with threaded 1 1/2 end and it works fine, spray it black. If mine falls to the ground I'll let you know. It's only holding 33-38 lbs. I hung from it at 200 lbs and it held me, yeah I need to loose some weight. Okay, with a drop down tube you'll need something to attach the tube to the ceiling...

Before I bought this mount I had a welder weld some extension arms together on my old universal mount ($20). It looked good and worked, but... The mount was rated at 35lbs and I worried that it wouldn't hold and the projector kept drifting, it wouldn't say square. After a few days I decided to buy an new mount.

Hope this helps.. thanks all
Old 06-19-2012, 12:41 PM

I'm a bit confused, I just got an RS40 and I want to ceiling mount it with a drop down. Well maybe a drop I'm not really sure? I'm projecting onto an 84" screen and I'd prefer not to use any image shift on the projector it self. My ceiling is 8' so I'm not sure if I need a drop at all to get it lined up just right? So basically I'm wondering what I need, there are so many model numbers listed in this thread that I'm a bit confused and this is my first time purchasing a ceiling mount.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:50 PM

Ok nevermind, I think I'm going to go with the Peerless PRG-UNV or PBC-UMW they sound like they would fit the bill. Still not sure if I need to drop it any going to have to read the manual and figure it out.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:36 PM

One note on the Peerless PRG-UNV is that you will need to purchase longer mounting screws for the RS40 or any JVC likely. The ones included are just too short! I got allen key 25mm long M5x0.8 screws and they worked perfectly. This mount is incredibly sturdy too! I'm greatly happy and it was like 106 bucks.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:21 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Just wondering if anybody has used the SLB281 plate with an anamorphic lens? Is there a way to properly center the weight of the projector with that plate? I am guessing I would have to drill some new holes to move the mounting point more to the front so that the weight with a lens would be more 50/50.
I was figuring about using the arms from my Chief RPM universal mount to attached my Prismasonic lens (again, I would have to drill holes in the plate). How strong is the chief plate?

Anybody see any issues, or have used the plate with a lens?

Thanks
Old 12-03-2012, 09:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie085 View Post

I'm a bit confused, I just got an RS40 and I want to ceiling mount it with a drop down. Well maybe a drop I'm not really sure? I'm projecting onto an 84" screen and I'd prefer not to use any image shift on the projector it self. My ceiling is 8' so I'm not sure if I need a drop at all to get it lined up just right? So basically I'm wondering what I need, there are so many model numbers listed in this thread that I'm a bit confused and this is my first time purchasing a ceiling mount.

If you want to do what you say, then you would need to drop the lens center down to screen vertical center besides mounting it of course at screen horizontal center. To do this you need a ceiling flange plate to which a 1 1/2 inch NT threaded pipe canscrew into and a pole of the correct length whose other threaded end screws into a threaded female socket on the mount. All the mount companies sell ceiling flanges and pipes but you can buy a cheap pipe flange at home depot for about $3 buck and 1/2 'inch pipe either in pre cut lenths which you can use a joiner to piece the correct length togather or you can buy the correct length adding on the thread length and then get the pipe threaded.

I f you mount the projector close to the ceiling, you should not miunt it higher than lens center at viewing screen surface top. A pipe flange and short piece of pipe is highly recommended (called pipe nipples which can be as short as no length but just threads). This will allow you to rotate the projector to make the lens absolutely parallel to the screen.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
call me at: 240 876 2536

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs40u , Jvc Rs50u , Peerless Prg Mount , Chief Speed Connect Rpmau Projector Ceiling Mount With Keyed Locking Rpmau