Ceiling Mounts fo JVC RS 40/50/60 - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 345 Old 12-13-2010, 07:18 PM
Mod & Bluray Reviewer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Again, my peerless prg works with my rs50..

PS again meaning like it did with my rs35...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 345 Old 12-13-2010, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had the Peerless PRG recommended to me yesterday so I will be following up on that!
post #93 of 345 Old 12-13-2010, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

Anthony. Neither the old RPMU one or the new one will work. You will need the new SLM281 plate when it becomes available at the end of the month.

Thanks Mark. I'll should be able to rig this plate until the SLM281 is released.

McIntosh MX151 Owner's Thread

Owner, AudioXtream.
Authorized Dealer for Kef, Triad, Bryston, Auralic, Audeze, Grado, Audioquest, Marantz
post #94 of 345 Old 12-13-2010, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Weber View Post

Again, my peerless prg works with my rs50

Lee -

From your earlier exchange with Jason in this thread, I thought it was still undetermined if your Peerless PRG universal mount would work with the new JVCs or not, although you felt it should work. So can I assume from your above post that you have now actually received and mounted a new RS50 using your existing Peerless PRG? Is THIS the same PRG mount that you have, but perhaps with a different ceiling extension tube length. In the photo the 4 arms on the mount look rather short. Does the mount also come with longer arms or does the ones shown in the photo actually extend long enough for the RS50?

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
post #95 of 345 Old 12-14-2010, 07:41 AM
Mod & Bluray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones View Post

Lee -

From your earlier exchange with Jason in this thread, I thought it was still undetermined if your Peerless PRG universal mount would work with the new JVCs or not, although you felt it should work. So can I assume from your above post that you have now actually received and mounted a new RS50 using your existing Peerless PRG? Is THIS the same PRG mount that you have, but perhaps with a different ceiling extension tube length. In the photo the 4 arms on the mount look rather short. Does the mount also come with longer arms or does the ones shown in the photo actually extend long enough for the RS50?

Hi there...sorry I was not clear before
Yes it is what I have and yes I have a 50 mounted with it. I had to reverse the "L" piece that screws to the mount arms and to ther projector to get the needed additional inch to make it fit.

The included photos show it. Sorry about the terrible quality, they are from my cell phone (all the weird white stuff isnt there!).

Peerless is planning a plate as well, but this works just fine for me...
LL
LL
post #96 of 345 Old 12-14-2010, 07:51 AM
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:

Yes it is what I have and yes I have a 50 mounted with it. I had to reverse the "L" piece that screws to the mount arms and to ther projector to get the needed additional inch to make it fit.

The included photos show it. Sorry about the terrible quality, they are from my cell phone (all the weird white stuff isnt there!).

Greetings,

Which I would think goes back to this Post and the reversal of those same "L" pieces on the original RPAU mounting arms.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
post #97 of 345 Old 12-14-2010, 08:02 AM
Mod & Bluray Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post

Greetings,

Which I would think goes back to this Post and the reversal of those same "L" pieces on the original RPAU mounting arms.

Regards,

I just skimmed the thread
All screws etc fit just fine when I did it. Cheaper then buying a plate...
post #98 of 345 Old 12-14-2010, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

Anthony. Neither the old RPMU one or the new one will work. You will need the new SLM281 plate when it becomes available at the end of the month.

what makes you say that??? My picture illustrates that there is plenty of length (that's what she said) for the projector.

PS See Lee Weber's post/picture. For once I'm glad you're wrong lol
post #99 of 345 Old 12-14-2010, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

that's exactly what you have to do with old Chief RPAU mount too! I'm glad the bolt fits in the reverse "L piece". Just saved a couple of hundred bucks! yesss
post #100 of 345 Old 12-14-2010, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

I had emailed Peerless and just got their email response:

"Thank you for contacting Peerless Industries Inc. Our universal mounts will not accommodate these projectors."

So I guess they want new JVC RS40, 50, 60 owners to wait for a new mount to be ready, or at least a new plate, instead of using the reverse "L" bracket approach with the current PRG Universal mounts.

Ron Jones
post #101 of 345 Old 12-14-2010, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I has emailed Peerless and just got their email response:

"Thank you for contacting Peerless Industries Inc. Our universal mounts will not accommodate these projectors."

So I guess they want new JVC RS40, 50, 60 owners to wait for a new mount to be ready, or at least a new plate, instead of using the reverse "L" bracket approach with the current PRG Universal mounts.

of course, they want you to buy a new mount from them.
post #102 of 345 Old 12-14-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenificent1 View Post

of course, they want you to buy a new mount from them.

i bought my RPA-U three months ago... i was contacted (very quickly) after a brief email i sent to chief, and i was told they were sorry the mount would not work, and they were working on the solution plate. they took my info for shipment after the plates are finished. i wasn't told i had to "buy" anything...
post #103 of 345 Old 12-14-2010, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztech View Post

i bought my RPA-U three months ago... i was contacted (very quickly) after a brief email i sent to chief, and i was told they were sorry the mount would not work, and they were working on the solution plate. they took my info for shipment after the plates are finished. i wasn't told i had to "buy" anything...

If you re-read the post, you will know I was referring to Peerless, not Chief.
post #104 of 345 Old 12-14-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenificent1 View Post

If you re-read the post, you will know I was referring to Peerless, not Chief.

just another reason to buy a chief...
post #105 of 345 Old 12-14-2010, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztech View Post

just another reason to buy a chief...

preaching to the choir, I already have one.
post #106 of 345 Old 12-15-2010, 07:51 AM

Liked: 12
Anyone can tell me what the MRSP on the Chief RPMA281 custom mount should be? My local dealer gave me a price that I find quite high!
post #107 of 345 Old 12-15-2010, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post

This is all BS!

I hold Chief responsible for this. Why? . . . Because this is their main source of income and they obviously knew these PJ's were coming out or how else would they have known to post the models on their website (that they have now removed because they know it doesn't work)!? And to let them off the hook by saying they didn't have an actual PJ to test?? What's to test when they could have just as easily called their rep and asked for a .pdf schematic of the mounting points and weight!

What about the one's who already bought the RPMAU kit because they said it was compatible?? I guess I'll have to call tomorrow to pitch a bitch and demand a replacement when available (even if I have no choice but to augment with the method we suggested to Sam; which worked, albeit cockeyed).

Did you come up with a work around Jason or was Chris' post it??

Kevin

I made up thousands of mounts for AVSers a few years ago and the plates were specific to the projector. The hole locations were within 1/20,000 of an inch that were cnc laser cut. If I was to make up the plates from drawings none of the plates would have fit properly. The first plate I did up was from drawings. I got the actual projector to test and always modified the hole locations for the plate.
post #108 of 345 Old 12-15-2010, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlindo View Post

I got the Premier FTP mount for my RS50, when it arrives. After seeing the new RS design's mount holes I decided to see if the FTP would work with the long arms using a tape measure and it comes up a bit short. I then noticed that using the short arms it comes with as an extension for the long guys would work in theory but I was concerned if it would be ok to do this. I emailed Premier and was told the short guys can be used that way which seems to be true since the mount comes with 8 screws that are used to mount the arms to the mount plate and there is no other use for these so there being 8 says to me they figured some would join the long and short arms together.

Still being cautious, I decided to install this mount this past Saturday and use my current RS2 using the short guys as an extension figuring if it was a bad idea with a failure where the short arms screw into the long arms and the pj fell it was only my RS2. There was no issue doing this and I can't imagine an extra 8 pounds spread out over 4 arms and the slightly extra distance needed per arm to somehow make the connection point of the arms fail.

This is a pretty sweet mount and SUPER easy to adjust and you can adjust in practically 1 degree increments hence the FTP name.

Here is the link to the page Premier FTP

The mount I was using before is the Premier PBC-UMS which is also a universal model and it could easily handle the RS50...I just wanted a low profile mount like the FTP and the better adjustment ability. Here is the PBC-UMS

I was thinking of trying this one out but I find arms boucy, and springy, Did you actually try out the extended arms and how firm was it.??
post #109 of 345 Old 12-15-2010, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarax View Post

I was thinking of trying this one out but I find arms boucy, and springy, Did you actually try out the extended arms and how firm was it.??

Which mount are you talking about, the FTP or the other Premier one? I have the RS2 in use with the FTP right now and it seems firm enough. Still waiting on my RS50, though I doubt the results with it will be much different, if any difference at all.

With the other Premier mount I had been using for the last 3 years, it also did the job though it wasn't as solid as the FTP because of the design with how it adjusts and also how it hangs down much more.

ROB
post #110 of 345 Old 12-15-2010, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlindo View Post

Which mount are you talking about, the FTP or the other Premier one? I have the RS2 in use with the FTP right now and it seems firm enough. Still waiting on my RS50, though I doubt the results with it will be much different, if any difference at all.

With the other Premier mount I had been using for the last 3 years, it also did the job though it wasn't as solid as the FTP because of the design with how it adjusts and also how it hangs down much more.

Hi Rob.

I was talking about the FTP.. In general I don't like sliding plates but could always put something on the plate to make it more permanent I guess. Maybe I will make up some plates when the projectors come in. The weight looks like it will be evenly balanced and the distribution of the hole locations looks pretty simple to put on a cad and get some cnc laser cut. I just don't like the fact the npt pipe extention is an option.
post #111 of 345 Old 12-15-2010, 01:20 PM

Liked: 18
I use an OmniMount with my present projector. I just ordered an OmniMount for my X3 which has been shipped. Here is the info that I received from them after sending a copy of the drawing from the manual:

The 3N1-PJT mount will work for this - here is the link to view:
http://www.omnimount.com/Product/Pro...ounts/3N1-PJT/

Thank you.

Sherry Jacoby
Customer Service
OmniMount Systems, Inc.

Klipsch RF-7II(2)
Klipsch RC-64II
Klipsch RS-62II(2)
Klipsch Cornwalls(2)
Velodyne HGS-15
HSU VTF-15H
Marantz AV8801
Emotiva XPA-5
Emotiva XPA-3(2)
OPPO BDP-103
JVC DLA-X3 (121" screen)
post #112 of 345 Old 12-15-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by promike View Post

I use an OmniMount with my present projector. I just ordered an OmniMount for my X3 which has been shipped. Here is the info that I received from them after sending a copy of the drawing from the manual:

Thank you.

Sherry Jacoby
Customer Service
OmniMount Systems, Inc.

Thanks

As it happens, following no reply on here to my earlier query about this mount I decided today to go for it and ordered one. I could see no reason why it wouldn't work. Nice to have the confirmation though.

I think it looks like a nice design.
post #113 of 345 Old 12-16-2010, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thank you.

Sherry Jacoby
Customer Service
OmniMount Systems, Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnite View Post

Thanks

As it happens, following no reply on here to my earlier query about this mount I decided today to go for it and ordered one. I could see no reason why it wouldn't work. Nice to have the confirmation though.

I think it looks like a nice design.

Please report back on how it worked out once you get your new projector set up with the Omnimount. This is the only universal mount that I've seen mentioned that is claimed to work out of the box with the new JVC projectors.

Ron Jones
post #114 of 345 Old 12-16-2010, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Please report back on how it worked out once you get your new projector set up with the Omnimount. This is the only universal mount that I've seen mentioned that is claimed to work out of the box with the new JVC projectors.

I've used this mount on a few installations and found it too bouncy.

I would not recommend it.
post #115 of 345 Old 12-16-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:

I've used this mount on a few installations and found it too bouncy.

I would not recommend it.

Bouncy? You mean like if you were to whack the ceiling a foot or so away from the PJ it would wobble a little bit?

My current mount does that. So long as it returns to the same position and doesn't require constant lens shift adjustments to compensate, then I don't view that as the end of the world. I'll live with that for the cost, availability and (IMO) nice aesthetics.
post #116 of 345 Old 12-17-2010, 06:25 AM

Here's the mount we made as a conversion from a Sony mount.
LL
post #117 of 345 Old 12-17-2010, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnite View Post

Bouncy? You mean like if you were to whack the ceiling a foot or so away from the PJ it would wobble a little bit?

My current mount does that. So long as it returns to the same position and doesn't require constant lens shift adjustments to compensate, then I don't view that as the end of the world. I'll live with that for the cost, availability and (IMO) nice aesthetics.

One install had two 18" velodyne subs and the mount was always vibrating even in an enclosure with a RS2 projector. Just too big for the mount and it always needed an adjustment every 4 months.

Another had a JL audio Fathom 113 in the room and this vibrated the mount as well and eventually drifted. I used the bigger Omnimount but it is no longer available.. It was good value.
post #118 of 345 Old 12-17-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
One install had two 18" velodyne subs and the mount was always vibrating even in an enclosure with a RS2 projector. Just too big for the mount and it always needed an adjustment every 4 months.

Another had a JL audio Fathom 113 in the room and this vibrated the mount as well and eventually drifted. I used the bigger Omnimount but it is no longer available.. It was good value.
Thanks for clarifying, the mount is with me now so as long as it fits I'm at least going to give it a go.
post #119 of 345 Old 12-17-2010, 02:01 PM

Liked: 18
Received the X3 today and the mount. It absolutely does not work. The post screws are way too short. The holes are recessed on the projector and the post screws must be at least 13mm long. These are not even long enough to reach the recessed threads. Called customer service and they do not have any other posts available and suggested I return it for a refund.
Now I have a beautiful new projector with no way to mount it!

Klipsch RF-7II(2)
Klipsch RC-64II
Klipsch RS-62II(2)
Klipsch Cornwalls(2)
Velodyne HGS-15
HSU VTF-15H
Marantz AV8801
Emotiva XPA-5
Emotiva XPA-3(2)
OPPO BDP-103
JVC DLA-X3 (121" screen)
post #120 of 345 Old 12-17-2010, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:

Received the X3 today and the mount. It absolutely does not work. The post screws are way too short. The holes are recessed on the projector and the post screws must be at least 13mm long. These are not even long enough to reach the recessed threads. Called customer service and they do not have any other posts available and suggested I return it for a refund.
Now I have a beautiful new projector with no way to mount it!

Just put it on a table top for now until you get the mounting hardware you need. That's what I did until Chief releases the new plate.

McIntosh MX151 Owner's Thread

Owner, AudioXtream.
Authorized Dealer for Kef, Triad, Bryston, Auralic, Audeze, Grado, Audioquest, Marantz
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs40u , Jvc Rs50u , Peerless Prg Mount , Chief Speed Connect Rpmau Projector Ceiling Mount With Keyed Locking Rpmau

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page