The Sony VPL VW90ES 3D Owner's Thread - Page 46 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1351 of 1354 Old 05-24-2014, 06:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hope someone can help me here. LONG time reader first time poster. I just received a 90es. So far love it. Glad I got it , not a bad price. Anyways the question

I hook to blu ray player and play a 3d movie works perfect.

Hook to Apple TV and steam sbs 3d and all I get is 2pics side by side. The troubleshooting says to manually enter 3d mode and then select side by side or top bottom. My menu only lists simulated and top bottom. No side by side.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 1354 Old 05-24-2014, 02:03 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 130
This is a known problem. I'm not sure what causes it but it happens with my PS3 when I want to watch You Tube SBS half. Exactly as you described. A couple of times I was able to get it to work but I couldn't tell you what I did to make the SBS appear in the projector menus. I finally got a WDTV streaming box and that works. The big difference is that the PS3 limits 3D output to 720p while the WDTV allows for full HD at 1080p. If the Apple TV does the same, limit the output of SBS to 720p then that may be the problem.

Now, when I want to watch a SBS You Tube video, I have a macro that with one click on my remote control, pushes the Sony Projector into SBS mode. Once the movie is over, I have another macro that switches back to 3D AUTO. The WDTV box isn't as well known as the Roku or Apple but it is less money and has good apps for all the major players and is 3D compatible. I love Vudu 3D and Netflix 3D through it. Both are sent to the Projector as Frame Packed signals so the box does some conversion. YT is the only one I have to switch to SBS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don Landis
post #1353 of 1354 Old 06-15-2014, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderGW View Post
Hello

If it possible to find some manual how setup 3d setting, and don''t have any problems, like head ache and etc. Sony sopport just said TURN IT OF, but this is solution what I don't real like. I was happy with my Infocus for 2D pictures, and now I have this Sony VPL-VW90ES for 4 times more money and use also for 2d only. Thanks
I found this review to be helpful. My room is an extremely dark Theater room with flat black front wall and ceiling with brown flat walls. This reviewer lists specific stock settings he felt gets this unit to produce a great picture. I am not an expert but the picture does look phenomenal. I was planning to hire someone to set it up but I am pleased so far with what this accomplished for me.
http://www.avforums.com/review/sony-...tor-review.163
post #1354 of 1354 Old 06-24-2014, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 259
We have one B stock VW90es projector left. Give us a call if you want dibs on it !!

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony , Sony Brand , Sony Corp , Sony Corporation , Sony Projectors , Sony Electronics , Sony Vpl Vw90es 3d 240hz Sxrd Projector
Gear in this thread - 240hz by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page