TruVue Vango - Owner's Thread - Page 32 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #931 of 935 Old 07-19-2016, 08:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraza View Post
All Vango Owners,

I'm curious if there are any owners of the Vango who's projector is totally broken beyond repair. I have a Christie Matrix Stim LED Projector which uses the Phlatlight P-120 LEDs and it throws the most beautiful image I've ever seen on my screen. Since this projector was created for Simulation application, it's very loud and I'm looking for ways to quiet it down. Because of the design of the case and how air flow is handled, it would be hard build a hush box for it.

Now to my question, do any of you Vango owner have a for parts only Vango projector which you would let go for a reasonable price, I would like to try and take the water cooling system from the Vango and see if I can implement it into my light engine module. The Christie Matrix STIM is a modular design with a light engine which can be easily separated from the projection module and I happen to have two light modules so I have one for experimenting with.

So in the name of DIY Science and to help out a fellow AVS'er, if anyone has a broken one they can let go cheap or even just sale me the water cooling system, please PM or if you know if the gentlemen name Tom which people refer to in this thread is still active, maybe I can contact him to see if he has any busted units.

I've already taken the light engine apart and the mounting/alignment for the PT-120 LED is pretty straight forward and simple. The light module has two fans that blow through the cooling fins. I believe the Vango and Matrix STIM share some common LED components.

Thank you for reading

Andre
Hope you find what you are seeking. I too have been looking for spare parts and have posted regarding the same about a month ago. In case you do find someone please do inform me too.

I am seeking the short throw lens and the folding mirror in the light path.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 935 Old 07-19-2016, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hyrax,

Thanks for the information concerning the noise level of the Vango. I thought it would be quieter because of the liquid cooling. After spending the night researching liquid cooling for projectors, I think you are right in that it will probably be cheaper and allot less hassle to put together a hush box. It just that I'm so horrible when it comes to building things but one must try because I really want to get this PJ on the ceiling.

Andre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax View Post
The Vango is just about the loudest home use projector I've ever owned. My wife cannot hear it (lucky her) and I suspect a lot of other people cannot hear it either. It makes a high pitch whine that sometimes drives me crazy. Its cooling system is not intended to be quiet, but to cool efficiently.

I mention this because you might end up worse off that you started. Instead of trying to salvage a Vango's cooling, I'd suggest getting in touch with folks who are expert at PC water cooling (such as Koolance) who may be able to come up with a better solution.

Also, I'd reconsider a hush box. My idea was to try to create a huge hush box for the Vango (or as my wife called it a projector room), but that got nixed. Instead, I use a flat screen for casual viewing and the Vango for movies. Rear projection is another thing I was considering.
post #933 of 935 Old 07-19-2016, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I think for this one, I'm going to have to bite the bullet and build a hush box. Because the design of this projector and how the airflow is set up, it will be a little more challenging but I think allot less hassle then trying to implement liquid cooling.

Good luck on your parts hunt and if you ever see a Christie Matrix Stim on Ebay for cheap I would jump on it as long as it has the right lens, it makes a world class picture, even on my 120" diagonal acoustic screen.

Andre

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoharshetty9 View Post
Hope you find what you are seeking. I too have been looking for spare parts and have posted regarding the same about a month ago. In case you do find someone please do inform me too.

I am seeking the short throw lens and the folding mirror in the light path.
post #934 of 935 Old 09-01-2016, 01:17 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I may have access to the mico 50 video board and apparently can be used in the Vango. Was wondering if that video board is different/better than the one in the Vango. Anyone out there have any idea?

Last edited by manoharshetty9; 09-01-2016 at 02:00 AM.
post #935 of 935 Old 09-02-2016, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Out of my depth on that one.

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson , Stewart Firehawk G3