AVS Forum banner

TruVue Vango - Owner's Thread

104K views 1K replies 92 participants last post by  PhotoKevin 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I purchased a Vango projector recently - calibrated by Jason Turk.

Anyone interested in an Owner's thread for Vango owners to post experiences, questions, and issues related to this projector?

#2 ·
OK. I'll start this off.

I purchased the Vango in September 2010. The projector was calibrated was Jason Turk in my home. The Vango is ceiling mounted ~11 feet from a 100 inch diagonal 1:78:1 Stewart Firehawk G3 screen. I’m using the short-throw lens. I did not purchase the color box.

Observations:

Size - The Vango was surprisingly smaller than expected (especially compared to other LED projectors I have seen). It looks like a little tank!

Menu navigation – Navigation through the projector menu is easier although a little ‘buggy’. For example, when I push the ‘menu’ button, the menu window opens and closes if no action is made in ~5 seconds.

Picture Quality

Sharpness – Excellent. Coming from an Epson 9500, this projector is light years ahead in sharpness. I can actually see pixel squares upon close examination of a projected image!

Black Level – Pretty good. The black bars (on 2:35:1 material) seem to be somewhat blacker compared to my Epson. However, I noticed the black bars much less during movie watching (perhaps due to much higher ANSI contrast?).

Image motion – Excellent. I have never seen smoother motion.

Colors – Great. It’s LED, of course!

Picture artifacts – I purchased this picture with the understanding that there would be no RBE due to absence of a color wheel (the lack of RBE has been stated by a number of persons). Unfortunately, I am seeing some RBE type artifacts, especially when in mixed contrast scenes (bright objects moving quickly across black background). The following website provides a good illustration of what I am experiencing - which leads me to identify it as RBE. http://www.thebuzzmedia.com/what-doe...rbe-look-like/ . I am not sure if this is a product line issue or an issue inherent with the projector that I purchased. Nevertheless, I reported this observation and it is my understanding that it is my investigated. Is anyone else with a Vango experiencing this?

Noise Level – This is a mixed bag. To start this off, the projector is placed directly over my seating position. Compared with the Epson, this projector is overall somewhat louder. What is interesting is that noise level on the Vango varies greatly! For example, when I am watching a movie with dim scenes (with no bright areas), the projector is very quiet. However, when I the scene changes and a scene is displayed with some level of bright area, the noise level gets noticeably higher – this is a higher pitch ‘whine’ which may be distracting to some individuals depending on hearing sensitivity, seating position relative to projector placement, etc. I would be happy to post an audio/video file of this phenomenon if anyone is interested. Based on the little bit of research that I have done on this topic, this may be due to the generated noise that results from the LEDs being driven ‘harder’ during bright scenes. Is anyone else with a Vango experiencing this?

Well folks, that’s all for now. I hope that the above is helpful. I look forward to receiving feedback.

Allen

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acta7 /forum/post/19538962

Does this projector use dynamic iris like Planar or fixed like Marantz / Sharp ?

LED technology does not have to use an iris when activating dynamic black. The LEDs are faster then an iris allowing for dimming and even full blackout on 0ire scenes without the visual pumping effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Snyder /forum/post/19539047

Thanks for the input.

I'm interested in this projector, and would love to hear from others.

Kevin read through this thread there are several owners providing real world experience. If you have any technical questioned not answered in this thread let us know and we will get an export from EE to follow up.

#6 ·
Hi Alan,

It would be great to receive EE expert feedback on the items that I described below in my earlier post:

Picture artifacts – I purchased this picture with the understanding that there would be no RBE due to absence of a color wheel (the lack of RBE has been stated by a number of persons). Unfortunately, I am seeing some RBE type artifacts, especially when in mixed contrast scenes (bright objects moving quickly across black background). The following website provides a good illustration of what I am experiencing - which leads me to identify it as RBE. http://www.thebuzzmedia.com/what-doe...rbe-look-like/ . I am not sure if this is a product line issue or an issue inherent with the projector that I purchased. Nevertheless, I reported this observation and it is my understanding that it is my investigated. Is anyone else with a Vango experiencing this?

Noise Level – This is a mixed bag. To start this off, the projector is placed directly over my seating position. Compared with the Epson, this projector is overall somewhat louder. What is interesting is that noise level on the Vango varies greatly! For example, when I am watching a movie with dim scenes (with no bright areas), the projector is very quiet. However, when I the scene changes and a scene is displayed with some level of bright area, the noise level gets noticeably higher – this is a higher pitch ‘whine’ which may be distracting to some individuals depending on hearing sensitivity, seating position relative to projector placement, etc. I would be happy to post an audio/video file of this phenomenon if anyone is interested. Based on the little bit of research that I have done on this topic, this may be due to the generated noise that results from the LEDs being driven ‘harder’ during bright scenes. Is anyone else with a Vango experiencing this?

Thanks.

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehazar
Hi Alan,

It would be great to receive EE expert feedback on the items that I described below in my earlier post:

Picture artifacts - I purchased this picture with the understanding that there would be no RBE due to absence of a color wheel (the lack of RBE has been stated by a number of persons). Unfortunately, I am seeing some RBE type artifacts, especially when in mixed contrast scenes (bright objects moving quickly across black background). The following website provides a good illustration of what I am experiencing - which leads me to identify it as RBE. http://www.thebuzzmedia.com/what-doe...rbe-look-like/ . I am not sure if this is a product line issue or an issue inherent with the projector that I purchased. Nevertheless, I reported this observation and it is my understanding that it is my investigated. Is anyone else with a Vango experiencing this?

Noise Level - This is a mixed bag. To start this off, the projector is placed directly over my seating position. Compared with the Epson, this projector is overall somewhat louder. What is interesting is that noise level on the Vango varies greatly! For example, when I am watching a movie with dim scenes (with no bright areas), the projector is very quiet. However, when I the scene changes and a scene is displayed with some level of bright area, the noise level gets noticeably higher - this is a higher pitch whine' which may be distracting to some individuals depending on hearing sensitivity, seating position relative to projector placement, etc. I would be happy to post an audio/video file of this phenomenon if anyone is interested. Based on the little bit of research that I have done on this topic, this may be due to the generated noise that results from the LEDs being driven harder' during bright scenes. Is anyone else with a Vango experiencing this?

Thanks.
Everyone has different tolerance. LED has faster processing then 3 chip DLP and while most should not see any such artifact there are those on this forum that report they see it with 3 chip DLP and CRT projectors.

Of all the LEDs sold to date you are the first to report this issue. Sadly once you see that spot on the screen that no one else see we tend to go looking for it.

Noise level, that is subjective. The Vango because of its liquid cooling is quieter then the delta model and almost silent but yes the PS pitch does change with scene brightness. As a whole if you read through this thread you may want to touch base with other owners to see if this is an issue for them.

Regards.

#9 ·
Hello rehazar,

Assuming we're going to make this the "official" owners thread I thought it would be helpful to move over current owner's comments. These are comments from all the Vango owners that have posted on the review thread, most recent first. JapanDave does not have his installed yet. I believe just about everyone has had their projector calibrated by Jason.

As far as RBE I have not seen it. I will look closer. If I can find it, which subsequently makes it a problem for me, I will of course hate you forever.

As far as noise level I would agree with Alan in that it's very subjective based largely on what you have been used too. My previous projector sounded like a vacuum cleaner so I think the Vango is very quite. It does change pitch based on the image it's showing. Vlubbers could not here the projector at all, but then Vince is fairly deaf.
My projector is ceiling mounted, when seated at the main listening position my ears are 5 feet from the projector. Watching most things at -10 Ref. the projector rarely calls attention to itself.

Regards,

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlubbers /forum/post/19536911

I had the opportunity to see the Vango in action today courtesy of Dormie1360. It was an ideal environment and John was very gracious. I
arrived with preconceptions that I tried to leave in the truck. It would
not have mattered, the Vango vanquished all my preconceptions.
Brightness--more than sufficient on a 1.3 screen 10 feet wide. Audio
noise-nil. Video noise--nil. Sharpness and convergence--spot on. Black
levels--excellent. Sense of depth in images--better than excellent. What
ever that means. Haze or fog--zero, which probably links to black level
[This is my language to try to describe the veil that seems to obscure the
images from some machines.] All in all--a winner in my mind. The viewing
environment was totally light controlled. If someone has ambient--I have no
idea. I am in 3D denial so the lack of it is fine by me.

Most impressive to me, with 9" CRT, D-ILA and LCD in my resume--image depth. I found myself thinking that we would have to improve the source quality to make an significant improvement in the image quality. The Vango was not the limiting factor in my mind. Vango would be a good desert island to be stranded on until the next really great development.

Vince
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimg1453 /forum/post/19415659

I have been a longtime visitor to this site but I’ve only posted a couple of times. I figured it was about time I gave my impressions on the Vango since I made the purchase and Jason and Mark did the install and calibration on Oct 23th. They were both a pleasure to deal with. I wanted to give sufficient time to evaluate everything as well as the fact that I needed to change out an HDMI cable which was inferior and caused handshaking issues.

Please note: I am doing this for the people who are trying to decide on the projector for themselves as well as curious seekers. What I state are my opinions only!!

My HT is very well light controlled with a black ceiling and black acoustic treatments on the screen wall as well as colored treatment on the lower half of side and back walls. I use the Vango for movie viewing only.

The screen that I use is an 11 ft wide 2.35 Stewart Studiotek 130 (fixed screen) and the throw distance is 23.6 ft (projector is table mounted).

Aesthetically the Vango (commercial type case) is not as sleek as the Mico or other LED light sourced projectors, but it is very solid. The optics of the projector appear to be really good quality with very sharp focus over the entire screen area. There are very firm lens controls to shift it horizontally and or vertically, although virtually no adjustments were needed in my case as the center line was very close to dead-on after a slight raise was made under the projector itself. I have been fortunate to have saved for the ISCO III and Cineslide, which was table mounted. An OPPO 83 is the source.

The startup of the projector is really fast... In about 8 to 10 seconds you have the image. The Vango offers a comprehensive number of settings that allow you to tweak the unit at your own taste and is quite simple once you get use to it. Even though the unit was calibrated by Jason, certain films needed a slight adjustment based on film material and manufacturing. My main adjustments were gamma, sharpness, brightness and color. I think most would agree that tweaking is needed on occasions.

The remote control allows access and adjustments to everything and is easy to operate as well as being backlit. In terms of noise, the Vango produces a hum/whisper but it is not intrusive or really noticeable during actual movie watching. Heat is not an issue for this projector. Even after a two and half hour movie there is only warm air coming out the back of the unit. The intake is on the right side of the case as you face it.

In terms of the brightness in my application, I was not left wanting for any more light in any movie I watched and in fact dialed it down from the calibrated setting on two SciFi films. (Alien and The Chronicles of Riddick) At no time did I feel the need to even go past the halfway point on the brightness scale and the in-theater experience was emulated perfectly. Knowing that brightness will be pretty much maintained throughout the life of the projector I couldn’t be any more pleased.

Overall picture quality:

Sharpness: The Vango is excellent in this area. The image is extremely sharp, even with poor quality material, and really pops and has that 3 dimensional feeling with the better quality films. The Anamorphic lens only added to this realism and nothing appeared to be taken away by its use in terms of brightness or clarity.

Colors: Excellent as well and the color box was not needed. The high ANSI contrast allows you to really see the different shades and textures of the colors. The Vango really shines in this area...

ANSI contrast: Outstanding!

Fine detail: Outstanding as well!

Image depth: The Vango looks more three dimensional than most projectors I have seen .(I was at the CEDIA show this year and have a pretty good handle on different projector technology, models and displayed pictures)

On/off contrast: Very good but not the best. For all but the very darkest scenes, the Vango looks as good as any 20,000 to 30,000 dollar projector and even some that are higher priced. The picture is simply stunning. (Ice Age and Cars) On very dark scenes, sometimes the blacks aren’t the deepest, but they never were distractingly obvious either. For example, in a space scene or pitch black room, it may seem a tad lighter than true black, but once something else is in the picture, its solid black to my eyes.

Shadow detail: Excellent. I had absolutely no issues with discerning objects in dark scenes and easily seeing varying shades of black in the same scene. This, I’m sure is due in part to proper calibration and not overblowing certain adjustments to the picture. There is that happy balance in achieving a quality picture and as others have noted, it’s also personal tastes and perceptions.

The Vango is an outstanding projector and my hat goes off to the company. I really can’t see how someone could go wrong with this purchase when you look at the cost/performance ratio and what buyers like myself are learning.
If you’re interested, I suggest you contact Jason and I’m sure he could arrange at least a demo and quite possibly enable you to make an informed buying decision.

I am very pleased with my purchase... Feel free to ask any question and I’ll try my best to answer even though I’m not a tech.

Regards, Kim
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalc3 /forum/post/19348275

First of all a little bit of background....

My HT is very well light control room with black ceiling and black acoustic treatments in the walls, that helps make the room almost like a bat cave...

The screen that I use is a 100 in Stewart Studiotek 130, and the throw distance is about 18.5 ft (projector is ceiling mounted).

I started my HT with a 65 in CRT RPTV from the Mitsubishi Diamond.. When I moved to a projector setup, I bought what I consider a safe bet and bought the JVC RS1... I read throughout the forums that one of the most important factors was the black levels and if I wanted to stick with what I used see I should of stick with the RS1. At that time I only saw locally some DLPs projectors but very badly setup and I consider them to dim for my taste.. Also, I discard them due to the possibility of being sensitive to the Rainbow effect...

After the RS1, I upgraded to the RS20, which was a step forward in terms of sharpness and black levels, but not necessarily in terms of brightness..Latter on, I upgraded to the RS35, which is to me one of the best projectors that JVC has made so far... The RS35 improved in terms of brightness, on/off contrast, sharpness, and the whites where even better than the previous models... One of the major drawbacks to my taste where the lost of brightness as the bulb ages and also the image didn't had that pop that you can see in some of the flat panels displays...

The image of the JVC resembles in many ways a more filmlike experience that you see in the movie theaters... Recently, we installed a LED flat panel in one of the rooms, and became amaze on the level of depth and the richness of the colors that can be produced.. I decided to achieve that with the Vango in my HT....

Like I said in my previous post, aesthetically is not as sleek as the Mico or the JVCs, and it is a relative commercial case.. The optics of the projector are of really good quality and they look like they are of higher quality than the JVCs.... The lens controls to shift it horizontally or vetically, although similar to the ones in the RS1, they allow a much firmer control over the lenses....

The startup of the projector is really fast... In about 10 seconds you have the image after you start it up... In this area the Vango exceeds the JVC models....

The Vango offers a comprehensive number of settings that allow you to tweak the unit at your own taste.. My unit was calibrated by Jason, but I had to play with some settings in order to match it with my anthem d2v... I will say that in terms of settings it is similar than the RS35...

The remote control is rather simple, but it can be backlit....

In terms of noise, sometimes it produces this whisper when the cooling system is on... It is not as bad as the fan on the RS1 or RS20 in high mode, but sometimes I feel is a little bit louder than the fan of the RS35.....

In terms of the brightness, it seems that the projector is slightly dimmer than the RS35 with the iris fully open.. In my case, my projector was calibrated in such a way that it was close to the 9 setting... Only during the first 100 hours I can say that the RS35 was brighter than the Vango.......

Now, here it goes in terms of picture quality:

Sharpness: There is no question that the Vango triumphs in this area. The image really pops and feels 3 dimensional...

Colors: Due to the ansi contrast you can really see the different shades and textures of the colors.. The Vango really shines in this area...

ANSI contrast: the Vango really wins in this area as well

Fine detail: It also goes to the Vango in this area...

Image depth: The Vango looks by far more three dimensional

On/off contrast: Here is the only one are that the JVC RS35 really shines..

All of this what it means.... For mid level to brighter scenes the Vango looks simply stunning... On very dark scenes, sometimes the blacks in the Vango look more like dark grey... For example in a starfield or a cave, you can see more detail in the RS35.. But once, that some other element comes into play like a spaceship or an explosion, the Vango looks better...

The Vango like any other piece of electronic equipment still has some bugs.. For instance, you have to send RGB with PC blacks in order to set it up correctly.. There is black level setting to change between 0 and 7.5 IRE that is locked at this moment.. Once that it become unlock it will be easy to change the output of the processor to YPBPr....

So far I am very please with my purchase... Feel free to ask any question....
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormie1360 /forum/post/18958748

Well I can't hang it yet but I had to do something. So I put it on a table, and spent about 3 minutes sizing and focusing the picture on my 9 ft wide screen. Jason had already done the color calibration for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormie1360 /forum/post/18958748

Wow! Easily the best picture I've ever seen on a large screen. Bright, sharp, good color (I'm finicky about color), blacks, etc. More 3-D than I'm used to. Very pleased.

I ordered the Vango being pretty certain that I would have to replace the screen. I have a Vutec Silverstar screen. Worked nice for my CRT. I had a buddy bring over his RS1 with a new lamp not to long ago. EEEk. I could see grain structure, sparklies, whatever you want to call it on bright scenes. I wouldn't be able to live with that. For whatever reason I don't see them with the Vango. At least they haven't brought attention to themselves in the couple hours I've spent watching some HD material. Doesn't mean I can't do better with a different screen, however it's doesn't appear to be a pressing issue. We'll see if that changes when I have some more time with the projector.

Projector's quite. It does "change" with different scenes, but it's not distracting. Remember I coming from a Barco I haven't timed it, but I think it takes about 3-5 seconds for the screen to light up after power on.

I did not buy the color box at this time. Jason said to wait, having been a CRT guy he thought I'd prefer the color without it. If you don't use the color box you can control the projector via serial commands. Simple ASCII commands, works fine.

I have an acquaintance who upgraded to an RS20 or 25.......he wasn't sure. Hopefully I can check it out so I can make some comparisons.

I did a little bit of TV watching via Dish. The PQ varied all over the place, from excellent to crappy. Very dependent on the source. The projector will not make a bad source nice looking.......at least not on a 9 foot screen. I preferred to have the lights off in my bat cave, however Dish was certainly watchable with some lights on. I was pleasantly surprised that, although the picture was very sharp, movies still looked like film. I was a little worried about this. I spent some time with the BluRay version of Alice in Wonderland. Movie has a lot in it, bright scenes, dark scenes, computer animation. I thought the projector did a great job.

Anyway, those are some initial impressions.

The last thing that I'll mention is you digital guys are spoiled. I got a stunning picture in about 3 minutes of setup. My time spent setting up the Barco could be measured in weeks and I still never got it perfect.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehazar /forum/post/19536580

Hi All,

I purchased a Vango projector recently - calibrated by Jason Turk.

Anyone interested in an Owner's thread for Vango owners to post experiences, questions, and issues related to this projector?

There is already a thread on the Vango projector.. Why start a new one...

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich /forum/post/19542712

Sometime in December I will be doing an AVS meet in my house in Brookeville, MD to demonstrate the Vango, the EE color box, and the Darby processor. The Darby processor will be included in the EE color box but at this time only as a demonstration product.

Sorry that I can't wangle a trip to the DC area at that time. I may be there ~ the end of April, though, so if anything happens then I would love to see the performance of these items.

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gouger /forum/post/19539166

LED technology does not have to use an iris when activating dynamic black. The LEDs are faster then an iris allowing for dimming and even full blackout on 0ire scenes without the visual pumping effect.

Not have to but it uses a dynamic iris anyway, Jason Turk just told it to me.

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acta7 /forum/post/19543672

Not have to but it uses a dynamic iris anyway, Jason Turk just told it to me.

Hello Acta

Not sure where the confusion came in on Jasons part, I will ask him to comment.

All current LED projectors have "dynamic black" but instead of using an iris to perform this feature like typical DLPs they do local dimming with the LEDs to achieve the results.

#17 ·
Alan, TS is not the first to report colour break up issues on single DLP LED machines here, Stephan over in f=86, is particularly sensitive and has seen it on both Delta and Sim2 machines. I believe there were a few others that have noticed the effect in the various LED/DLP threads over the past year and a half in f=86.

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldk /forum/post/19545774

Alan, TS is not the first to report colour break up issues on single DLP LED machines here, Stephan over in f=86, is particularly sensitive and has seen it on both Delta and Sim2 machines. I believe there were a few others that have noticed the effect in the various LED/DLP threads over the past year and a half in f=86.

TS and I spoke in person and he alerted me of this but he is the first in this thread of owners. Even more strange there are those who say they see it with CRT and 3 Chip DLP.

For us videophiles once you see something you then forever look for it just like a pin spot on a screen that no one else sees or cares about and thinks we are nuts but our eye will forever go looking for it.

#19 ·
what is the diameter of the lens bezel. just needed to know this to fecilitate addition of an anamorphic lens directly on to the lens of the projector. it would help to know the circumference. also is the iris manually adjustable to fully open and almost close.

thanks in advance for your help.

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoharshetty9 /forum/post/19556509

what is the diameter of the lens bezel. just needed to know this to fecilitate addition of a anamorphic lens directly on to the lens of the projector. it would help to know the circumference. also is the iris manally adjustable to fully open and almost close.

thanks in advance for your help.

The lens bezel itself is really irrelevant...what you need to know is the exit size of the light. That however, will depend on the Vango lens being used, as well as where in the zoom it is positioned.

To the person about the DI...that was my mistake...I had another projector on my mind when I said it had a DI. LED's (as Alan said) have the ability of turning the levels of the LED's different depending on the scene, so no need for an actual iris.

#21 ·
To continue, each of the LEDs can be driven in in integer steps from 0 to 255. The voltage that the LEDs are driven at is very low, in the neighborhood of 3 volts and differs I believe very slightly for reach of the 3 primary colors, RGB. The current to the LEDs is how they are modulated and goes from 0 to 40 AMPs if I remember correctly in those 256 steps counting 0 as the first step. So the variations are 256 times 256 times 256.

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich /forum/post/19542712

Sometime in December I will be doing an AVS meet in my house in Brookeville, MD to demonstrate the Vango, the EE color box, and the Darby processor. The Darby processor will be included in the EE color box but at this time only as a demonstration product.

Hi Mark,

Keep me inform about this demo! I lived in Northern Va and can drive to your place.. I bought a Vango from Alan and was calibrated by Jason, but I really like to see what this new color box brings to the table...

Cheers,

Christian

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Turk /forum/post/19556898

The lens bezel itself is really irrelevant...what you need to know is the exit size of the light. That however, will depend on the Vango lens being used, as well as where in the zoom it is positioned.

To the person about the DI...that was my mistake...I had another projector on my mind when I said it had a DI. LED's (as Alan said) have the ability of turning the levels of the LED's different depending on the scene, so no need for an actual iris.

thank you for the feedback. but i would be obliged if both questions would be answered. you have told me why i do not need the answers. please tell me the diameter of the bezel as i have an anamorphic lens that attaches to the bezel itself just like a lens attaches to a camera. again does the Vango have a manually adjustable iris?

thanks again.

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalc3 /forum/post/19559531

Hi Mark,

Keep me inform about this demo! I lived in Northern Va and can drive to your place.. I bought a Vango from Alan and was calibrated by Jason, but I really like to see what this new color box brings to the table...

Cheers,

Christian

I too am interested in the color box, interesting to see what it does.

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoharshetty9 /forum/post/19561089

thank you for the feedback. but i would be obliged if both questions would be answered. you have told me why i do not need the answers. please tell me the diameter of the bezel as i have an anamorphic lens that attaches to the bezel itself just like a lens attaches to a camera. again does the Vango have a manually adjustable iris?

thanks again.

Oh my apologies...I didn't realize the reason for your need. Ballpark 4", but I will measure one for specifics later today and let you know.

#26 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich
To continue, each of the LEDs can be driven in in integer steps from 0 to 255. The voltage that the LEDs are driven at is very low, in the neighborhood of 3 volts and differs I believe very slightly for reach of the 3 primary colors, RGB. The current to the LEDs is how they are modulated and goes from 0 to 40 AMPs if I remember correctly in those 256 steps counting 0 as the first step. So the variations are 256 times 256 times 256.
40 amps ... can you double check this? That kind of current would require a huge bus bar. 3V * 40A = 120 Watts.

I am hoping there are more LED based DLP's announced in Jan. 2011.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.