AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

All I can say is that I disagree. smile.gif

What exactly did you find that much better about the RS55 over the RS50 regarding PQ other than brightness? I agree it was a very dim model.

Smack my head against the wall….where's that emoticon here…..my Lakers forum has it? I thought I laid it out as well as I could above. Not going to write any more. Just my opinion of course.,

I guess I should re-evaluate my lyin' eyes and impressions because of what you printed there. biggrin.gif My RS50 was a sharp machine, UMR commented on it. My opinion of eShift and what can be done with it, like the "Darbee" and with the "Darbee" is different than yours. Agree to disagree.

$5 biggrin.gif He doesn't have to say "smokes it" but if he says he likes the 4910 a "lot better" image wise, which common sense with the NEW chip and the new wire grid and the new CMD and the new eShift, higher contrast ratio, maybe even the I. Iris, should be better than the 4810……I win. Are we really hung up semantically between liking one a LOT better than the other and saying "smokes it". NO, I agree it is not going from 1080P to 4K difference. But OK, "A LOT" better he will like it. Where's the toasting with beer mugs emoticon as well?? biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4202 of 4220 Old 12-23-2013, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Sitting that close he better say he likes it a lot better... smile.gif E-shift alone will do that.
post #4203 of 4220 Old 12-23-2013, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

do you have e-shift turned off when you see this? It's fairly typical at the lower IRE's when viewed close up but you shouldn't be able to see it at seating distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohjy View Post

Hello all,

I need some help with my JVC X70. I was doing some calibrations with the JVC and noticed when displaying a 20% grayscale window there was a fair amount of, what I can only call, noise in the picture. It looks like some kind of digital noise (it pulses even on a static screen almost like mosquito noise). I did a search for this and found that this was apparently a known issue with the RS40 & RS50. Has anyone else noticed this? When looking through higher grayscale levels all the way up to white you can see it, but it becomes less apparent. You can't really see this from a seated position too well. You need to be close to the screen. I just want to make sure that I am not the only one experiencing this...

Thanks in advance,

John

Zombie,

Are you saying that some of these projectors don't display this issue at all? I think most if not all have it. I just had a friend look at his and it has the same picture noise. My RS40 had it as well. I am wondering whether the newer JVCs' have it as well.

J
post #4204 of 4220 Old 12-23-2013, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 280
yes I think they will all have it when viewed close up, especially with low IRE fields. not sure if that will change. I should see the RS57 soon and will let you know.
post #4205 of 4220 Old 12-23-2013, 01:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

yes I think they will all have it when viewed close up, especially with low IRE fields. not sure if that will change. I should see the RS57 soon and will let you know.

Zombie,

I look forward to your comparison of the RS57 to your "golden sample" RS55, if you even still have it. I am also curious how the RS57 performs against your VW1000.

I am probably waiting for a true 4K JVC at this point, but your review might change my mind...

If you are ever in Eastern Pennsylvania (Allentown/Bethlehem Area), I owe you a drink or 10 for all the work you put into the shootout. It has provided me with hours of great reading. I also really appreciate your contributions as a whole.

Happy holidays!

John
post #4206 of 4220 Old 12-23-2013, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

^^^ Boy second that. Buy this man some beers or expensive whatever he likes drinks, for these thorough and NEW "every man" , well "every s.o.t.a. mid - higher priced man" reviews and their painstaking details and great screen shots. Who reviews, taking into account the "calibration" through the 3D glasses besides Zombie?
post #4207 of 4220 Old 12-23-2013, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 100
post #4208 of 4220 Old 12-23-2013, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF View Post

Smack my head against the wall….where's that emoticon here…..my Lakers forum has it? I thought I laid it out as well as I could above. Not going to write any more. Just my opinion of course.,

I guess I should re-evaluate my lyin' eyes and impressions because of what you printed there. biggrin.gif My RS50 was a sharp machine, UMR commented on it. My opinion of eShift and what can be done with it, like the "Darbee" and with the "Darbee" is different than yours. Agree to disagree.

$5 biggrin.gif He doesn't have to say "smokes it" but if he says he likes the 4910 a "lot better" image wise, which common sense with the NEW chip and the new wire grid and the new CMD and the new eShift, higher contrast ratio, maybe even the I. Iris, should be better than the 4810……I win. Are we really hung up semantically between liking one a LOT better than the other and saying "smokes it". NO, I agree it is not going from 1080P to 4K difference. But OK, "A LOT" better he will like it. Where's the toasting with beer mugs emoticon as well?? biggrin.gif

In this instance I'm not talking about the older models versus the new ones just coming out. I haven't seen them yet so I don't think I could could make a valid point about them. I also didnt say you were blind but I just don't agree that the difference in picture quality is anywhere near as great as you seem to think. Did you brightness match them and compare? Higher brightness can give a false sense of image sharpness over another projector. I think a lot of what you saw can be attributed to the fact that it was a brighter projector not because it was truly a LOT better.

------------------------------------

Look What AVS Made Me Do!
post #4209 of 4220 Old 12-23-2013, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Sum of ALL the freaking improvements!! Wlll like it A LOT BETTER / think maybe it SMOKES his RS50. I was talking about the 4910 since that's what he asked:

"I waited three years to update my RS-50 and can afford it this year. I could not, however, replace it with the RS-57 so I ordered an RS-4910. My question is, from what we know so far, being that my model is 3 generations old now and with yearly improvements, do you think my RS-4910 will look better than my RS-50? "

NO I did not equalize the brightness. Did not care. Sure I know the eye would choose the brighter image normally.

I feel confident in my unaccepted bet.
post #4210 of 4220 Old 12-23-2013, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 176
That's fine and dandy but the majority of what I was talking about was between the rs50 and rs55. As I said, I haven't seen the new models so I cant make subjective opinions on it yet. I just think that a proper comparison (ie brightness matching) would have evened out the playing field considerably and you probably wouldn't be in the mind set that the product was "smokingly" better.

------------------------------------

Look What AVS Made Me Do!
post #4211 of 4220 Old 12-23-2013, 08:03 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

Important fact he left out. He views a 138" wide screen from 12'. I think the E-shift will be a very noticeable improvement. Also the dynamic iris should make a nice improvement, since I am assuming Robert does not run with the manual iris closed all the way. smile.gif

Hi Mike. Saw the projector shipped YAY...my screen is not 138", it is 159" and I was wrong, I am at 16 feet, which is the shortest throw to fill the 159" screen, but still the point you make is great news. Thanks everyone for your input, I was already very psyched for this new projector, now I am just too anxious hehe. I see mine shipped today.

I am first having it calibrated. That's another thing I didn't mention, I have had 3 projectors, and now this is the 4th and this will be the first one I have had calibrated. That's why I ordered the RS-4910 instead of the 57, so I could afford calibration. Another thing I did was cover all the furniture with black fabric and covered almost everything between the screen and projector with very dark colors (did this yesterday), so everything should be "awesome."

Either way, I am, very excited. Interested to see the 2D to 3D conversion (oh I know, but will be fun to see anyway), the brighter 3D, and the eshift on my 159" 2.4 gain DaLite screen.

Ron, if I think the projector is better do I owe you five on this bet? lol.
post #4212 of 4220 Old 12-23-2013, 11:44 PM
AVS Special Member

^^^ Not you, no. You're the person whose opinion validates one side or the other of our difference in opinions about what your opinion is going to be regardless of our opinions. biggrin.gif

With the size of your screen the added brightness alone should thrill you. Congratulations on the new machine!
post #4213 of 4220 Old 01-06-2014, 02:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
So with all the CMS and bulb issues...if I was able to get a new bulb, would you guys consider this a worthwhile projector if it can be had for under $1300? Also, dropping a Lumagen between source and projector should help with color, right? Thank you.
post #4214 of 4220 Old 01-06-2014, 02:30 PM

I liked my RS50u quite a bit. It just needs to be calibrated a bit more often. However, if you are not very picky, you will not even notice the light change over time. The latest gen bulbs are supposed to be quite an improvement.

I wish I had more time to enjoy my gear
post #4215 of 4220 Old 01-06-2014, 02:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by isisyodin View Post

I liked my RS50u quite a bit. It just needs to be calibrated a bit more often. However, if you are not very picky, you will not even notice the light change over time. The latest gen bulbs are supposed to be quite an improvement.

I'm hoping so. I've held off upgrade-itous for some time but I'd like a full 1080p and I've found someone to buy my old Mitsubishi pj.
post #4216 of 4220 Old 05-02-2014, 02:34 PM

I recently purchased an RS50. While in the process of installing, it was noticed that the vertical lens shift is not working. The motor turns over but the image does not shift up or down, but horizontal shift works fine.

Is there an easy fix? Is this a common problem?
post #4217 of 4220 Old 07-24-2014, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
RS50 does not display image

All of a sudden my projector (JVC DILA RS50) is not displaying any images from any source. All I see on the screen is the D-ILA symbol. The light is still bright. It was working fine till this morning. Also, I am not able to switch the projector/screen using my remote. I have to unplug it from the outlet. Any suggestions what might be wrong? Thanks for any help
post #4218 of 4220 Old 07-25-2014, 10:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrajku View Post
All of a sudden my projector (JVC DILA RS50) is not displaying any images from any source. All I see on the screen is the D-ILA symbol. The light is still bright. It was working fine till this morning. Also, I am not able to switch the projector/screen using my remote. I have to unplug it from the outlet. Any suggestions what might be wrong? Thanks for any help

Check your HDMI connections. I had a similar problem and realized that my HDMI cable was loose where it connected to the projector. If it is stuck at the D-ILA screen, unplug it from the wall for 10 minutes and try it again. I believe there is also another way to reset the projector. Try doing a search. I believe there something on this in one or more of the JVC threads.

John
post #4219 of 4220 Old 07-25-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohjy View Post
Check your HDMI connections. I had a similar problem and realized that my HDMI cable was loose where it connected to the projector. If it is stuck at the D-ILA screen, unplug it from the wall for 10 minutes and try it again. I believe there is also another way to reset the projector. Try doing a search. I believe there something on this in one or more of the JVC threads.

John
Thanks for your advice. I will definitely try this. This morning, it is working fine for some reason. So I am really confused!
post #4220 of 4220 Old 07-25-2014, 09:22 PM

Also, if I reset the projector, would it mess up my calibration. We have had our projector professionally calibrated
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , Jvc America , Jvc Rs50u

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page