Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryB_UK View Post

This should do the trick.

That's what I was looking for. Thanks.

Another question: In redoing my theater I've gotten a new BR player, AVR and projector. All of them have controls to tweak the picture, brightness, gamma, etc. Should I just use the projectors controls since they seem the most detailed or use all three?

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 4220 Old 01-13-2011, 12:14 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I received my RS50 a few days ago and here are initial impressions. I have had many projector including these from JVC, G15, HD2K, RS1, and RS20. I am currently coming from an RS20 that has very good convergence.

1) The first thing that struck me was how much sharper this was than the RS20. I felt my RS20 have very good sharpness but this projector felt more like a DLP than any prior JVC model I have owner.

2) Much more depth to the picture. This projector felt very much like my Pioneer Elite plasma. I watched a number of familar scenes and notices detail in the background that never noticed. The colors also poped off the screen. This may be a combination of it being slightly brighter than the RS20 and sharper picture.

3) Very good picture out of the box. The THX mode looked very similar to my calibrated RS20. I could see many just using this mode.

4) The ANIMA mode look incredible on PIXAR movies. Again this reminded me of the Elite.

5) Convergence is a non-issue on my unit. It is similar to my RS20. Less than 1/4-1/8 pixel in the center. About 1/2 a pixel at the worst corner.

6) TV viewing is considerable better on this unit. I don't quite know what is different but I could envision watching a movie from cable in my theater. That is something I almost never did in the past.

I have not tried 3D yet since I am waiting for my emmitter. Also the HDMI handshaking is noticably more fickle. There are many blank screens switching sources. I may try one of those EDID learning devices. I have one laying around.

That is it for now. I have only had time to watch a few hours worth.
post #813 of 4220 Old 01-13-2011, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof View Post

I am also convinced that focus is not even across the screen. I do not recall this with either of my previous RS50's. Again, it's not horrible, and it is subtle, but it's also the way it is.

Geof, I think this whole experience, understandably, has made you very sensitive to anything being less than perfect with the projector. I empathise truly. You had two faulty units which was inexcusable for a product at this pricepoint and JVC need to go back and look at their QC.

That being said, just to be very clear, a perfect projector doesn't exist at the pricepoint of these units. I am not saying it shouldn't be better, but perfection it will never be. There will always be some mis convergence, or some CA, or some uniformity error, or focus issue, no matter how small.

It's a bit like a door ding on your brand new car. Nobody else sees it, but you can't see anything else!

I remember when I got my first really good DSLR on the day of release, the Nikon D1X. And I bought a pro lens to go with it, the 28-70 AFS 2.8. I noticed it had some CA , so I changed it for another one. This one had even worse CA, so I changed it for a third and got a good one. My point is that even on a lens costing over 1000 dollars, they still had variation.

I am at the short throw end, and my lens shows the characteristics of this, sharper at the centre and less sharp at the sides. Also combined with vertical lens shift it shows very slight signs of flare at the bottom middle, but strangely not in the corners. However I can make out the pixel structure anywhere on the screen. Nevertheless, it is not perfect, and I bet another lens out there might not have this slight lens flare at the bottom middle.

As you go towards longer throw, the centre is not quite as sharp, but the image is more evenly focussed as a whole.

The challenge is when you get a lens element that is out of alignment such that if the left side is in focus, the right goes out and vice versa. Depending on the misalignment, focussing on centre may not be the best compromise. In fact it is often recommended at short throw, to focus on the corners rather than the centre, so that you get the best balance of sharpness across the image.

It is also a good idea to focus on a low brightness pattern with the iris stepped down as this will allow you to focus on the pixels and not be influenced by any flaring in the optics. You may notice subtle focus changes for example on high bulb with a 100 IRE green grid vs on low bulb with aperture stepped down.

Optics will be affected by heat! Another thing that can change. I have noted that it is best to set the lens position and focus while the projector is warm but not hot (i.e. after about 15-20 minutes). If you have found it has moved a few days later, re-adjust it when its warm again and not when its hot.

Interestingly although my projector moves quite a bit on convergence as it warms up, it has not changed its behaviour. It has always done the same thing to the same amount. I always hope that perhaps after a good hot run, it will just stay like that, but it always cools back down to the same position, and then heats back up to the same position the next time.

If convergence moves permanently, it implies there is pressure on the panel block that is gradually releasing after many warm-up, cool-down cycles. Very strange really, but I don't know how much plastic vs metal there is in there. Theoretically it should settle down, not by leaving it on for hours on end, but after normal use on and off cycles. If its still within 0.5 a pixel in the centre, and about 1 pixel at the edges, try and forget about it. Believe me, I know that isn't easy to do....I dont ask for perfection, but I do wish mine was better.
post #814 of 4220 Old 01-13-2011, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonStatt View Post

Geof, I think this whole experience, understandably, has made you very sensitive to anything being less than perfect with the projector. I empathise truly. You had two faulty units which was inexcusable for a product at this pricepoint and JVC need to go back and look at their QC.

That being said, just to be very clear, a perfect projector doesn't exist at the pricepoint of these units. I am not saying it shouldn't be better, but perfection it will never be. There will always be some mis convergence, or some CA, or some uniformity error, or focus issue, no matter how small.

Well of course I'm seeking perfection (who isn't?) but I'm not too concerned about where things stand now. It's the continued drift that has me a bit concerned. I adjusted Vertical Blue pixels by 1 notch just yesterday. Maybe it'll settle in there I don't know. Maybe it'll drift better but I won't hold my breath. The uneven focus is something that I had not noticed on the previous projectors but your point about throw factoring into it may be relevant here. I hadn't thought of that. My previous 2 projectors sat on a stand behind the seat while I waited for Chief to release their custom plate. The 3rd RS50 was ceiling mounted right from the get-go and it sits a couple of feet closer to the screen than the other two projectors.

As I indicated in a previous post some of the apparent MC may be due to CA and in this installation there is more vertical shift than with the temporary stand setup. Regardless, I haven't changed anything since installing it and I'm not imagining this convergence drift. Nor is the drift due to projector warmup.....I'm basically comparing convergence after several hours of viewing. Perhaps I sound more down on it than I am but I'm not really unhappy with the PQ. I do think the 1st one had better PQ (I don't get the same sense of depth to the image that the first one had) but the difference isn't striking by any means (the 2nd one was). I have no plans to take this down and start over.

I do think I'll pass on future preorder purchases. It only stands to reason that QA issues would be more prevalent at the beginning of production than the end of the run. I also suspect convergence may be better if the line isn't busting their humps to fulfill preorder backorders (IIRC GaryB stated demand for this series is quite a bit higher than previous models so they evidently have a large backlog to satisfy).

Geof
post #815 of 4220 Old 01-13-2011, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:

It only stands to reason that QA issues would be more prevalent at the beginning of production than the end of the run. I also suspect convergence may be better if the line isn't busting their humps to fulfill preorder backorders (IIRC GaryB stated demand for this series is quite a bit higher than previous models so they evidently have a large backlog to satisfy).

We've been hearing this story for years and then someone explains the math of how close the tolerances have to be in order to get perfect convergence down to a pixel.

I think the variance is going to be same in 6 months from now. While I'd like to think all HT enthusiasts are checking their equipment, it's more likely the majority of folks are hanging the RS40/50, setting focus and starting to watch TV or their favorite movie without having a clue that their red or blue pixel is off 1/2 or a full pixel.

JVC is likely banking on this, and will appease those of us who go pixel peeping within reason. My local dealer who has been in business for 25 years said 'what exactly are you seeing here? then I had to explain the single pixel pattern, uneven focus, etc'

we just need a single chip DLP with a 20x color wheel, 50k:1 native and ghost free 3D for a reasonable price. Then we won't have to worry about MC anymore.
post #816 of 4220 Old 01-13-2011, 07:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

We've been hearing this story for years and then someone explains the math of how close the tolerances have to be in order to get perfect convergence down to a pixel.

I think the variance is going to be same in 6 months from now. While I'd like to think all HT enthusiasts are checking their equipment, it's more likely the majority of folks are hanging the RS40/50, setting focus and starting to watch TV or their favorite movie without having a clue that their red or blue pixel is off 1/2 or a full pixel.

JVC is likely banking on this, and will appease those of us who go pixel peeping within reason. My local dealer who has been in business for 25 years said 'what exactly are you seeing here? then I had to explain the single pixel pattern, uneven focus, etc'

we just need a single chip DLP with a 20x color wheel, 50k:1 native and ghost free 3D for a reasonable price. Then we won't have to worry about MC anymore.

Or no color wheel and lasers. I love the idea of a high contrast DLP. That's why I brought up that carbon nano-fiber coating I read about. It supposed to absorb light better than just about anything else. What I don't know is exactly why DLP hasn't been able to achieve higher contrast. I was thinking it might be because of reflections in the housing for the DMD. If so, such a light absorbing material might help. Does anyone know what the limiting factors are for DLP contrast? One day, ghosting will be a thing of the past for all 3D. DLP seems pretty close to being able to achieve that already.

Joe Clark

post #817 of 4220 Old 01-13-2011, 09:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

Several folks have asked about convergence on my 3rd RS50......

After 15 minutes of ON time convergence looked excellent. It was within ~1/3 pixel everywhere I looked. When I looked at it after 16 hours it had changed. And when I look at it after 50 hours is had changed even more. I'm not talking huge amounts of change but then the changes have not been for the better. After 16 hours or so I noticed increased mc with vertical RED lines. Once very close it's now out more than 1/2 pixel on the left side (approaching 1 pixel on the extreme edge) and Vertical RED lines are also showing more mc on the right side of the image but to a far lessor degree - perhaps 1/3 pixel. When I looked at convergence after 50 hours there was a noticeable shift for horizontal blue lines - enough so that applying a 1 pixel shift helps. The "good news" is that the central area is still okay (with the blue pixel shift). In summary, my convergence is still shifting, and not for the better. Is it horrible? No. It is to the point where I could get it replaced? No (or extremely doubtful at best).

I am also convinced that focus is not even across the screen. I do not recall this with either of my previous RS50's. Again, it's not horrible, and it is subtle, but it's also the way it is.

The overall PQ is still quite decent and I'm not unhappy with the PQ but I am concerned about where the MC will end up. I do believe the first pj had the best PQ but this one is not too far behind.

I will say this....I doubt I'll ever sign up for another presale JVC. I've had 3 RS50's, two of which had outright issues, and this third one is still not stable after 60+ hours. Where will it stop? I'll reiterate what I said awhile back...JVC needs to work on their QA. I paid as much as everyone else but we all have varying degrees of convergence: It's obvious some projectors are better converged than others. If nothing else perhaps JVC should start sorting them by convergence and adjust the price accordingly. It's a crap shoot and one in which I've lost 3 times now and others have had issues as well. I'm not doing this again.

Geof - sorry to hear about all the problems you are having. Its really disappointing I know. When you say you are "not doing this again", I know exactly where you are coming from. If it wasn't a crap shoot as to the quality I'd upgrade every year. Instead I find myself hesitant because the RS20 I have is excellent in just about every way.
post #818 of 4220 Old 01-13-2011, 09:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

...That being said, just to be very clear, a perfect projector doesn't exist at the pricepoint of these units...

Hi Jon - I think Geof's point is that some units are more perfect than others. And that's just not right.
post #819 of 4220 Old 01-14-2011, 02:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

Hi Jon - I think Geof's point is that some units are more perfect than others. And that's just not right.

I do understand Geof's point. Truly I do, because I have not been the luckiest in the JVC lottery either this time. And you know I have been vocal about my opinions on where we should be by now with convergence.

We all have paid a premium for these goods and we don't expect to have to be "lucky" to have good quality.

That being said, I was just a little worried that Geof was starting to over-analyse. I would certainly be doing that myself after 2 faulty units!! I was simply worried about my fellow contributor and friend of the forums
post #820 of 4220 Old 01-14-2011, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

I think the variance is going to be same in 6 months from now.

I presume that there is some sort of panel alignment procedure that takes place at the factory before the optical block is installed. IOW, I presume there is a technician who adjusts the convergence at some point during the manufacture of the projector. If that is not the case then yes, mc would be strictly a tolerance crapshoot. OTOH, if there is a human tweaking the convergence results may vary depending on how well he (or she) does their job.

Geof
post #821 of 4220 Old 01-14-2011, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

Yes, that's the crux of it.

Quote:

I do understand Geof's point. Truly I do, because I have not been the luckiest in the JVC lottery either this time. And you know I have been vocal about my opinions on where we should be by now with convergence.

We all have paid a premium for these goods and we don't expect to have to be "lucky" to have good quality.

That being said, I was just a little worried that Geof was starting to over-analyse. I would certainly be doing that myself after 2 faulty units!! I was simply worried about my fellow contributor and friend of the forums

That's my engineering background poking thru....

----

What I'd like to understand is how small convergence errors affect PQ and what levels of mc are indistinguishable from a perfectly converged projector. Only then would we really know if convergence is affecting pq.

Geof
post #822 of 4220 Old 01-14-2011, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 49
My thoughts have been, if you can't see the the MC from 1/2 to 3/4 distance of your closest seated position, it's probably a non issue.

This is a non scientific perception but seems to hold up.

It's kind the same as, how close do you need to get to the screen to perform a focus adjustment. I recall using a pair of mini binoculars to tweak the pixel into perfect focus, and it was a waste of time. Especially when I could pick a different part of the screen and see other pixels we not perfect.

XBL GT: xX ShadowAxx Xx 

PSN ID: Bytehoven

Battle Log: Bytehoven  

post #823 of 4220 Old 01-14-2011, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post

My thoughts have been, if you can't see the the MC from 1/2 to 3/4 distance of your closest seated position, it's probably a non issue.

This is a non scientific perception but seems to hold up.

That's a bit closer to the seating position than I would have expected -- my original inclination was 1/3 of the distance but I have no basis for pulling that number out of my.....err,......head.

Geof
post #824 of 4220 Old 01-14-2011, 08:10 AM

Liked: 11
Ok 3D gurus. Got my Rs50 last night, but AVS ran out of emitters (boo). I have been concerned about 3D compatibility on FIOS since all of the discussion has revolved around DirecTV. Just for giggles I started monsters and aliens 3D from the HBO on demand service to see what would happen. Once the movie started I saw two side by side screens. Does this mean I am in the clear? By the way just to reiterate FIOS has a ton of 3D content although it is all on demand at this point.
post #825 of 4220 Old 01-14-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mry110 View Post

Ok 3D gurus. Got my Rs50 last night, but AVS ran out of emitters (boo). I have been concerned about 3D compatibility on FIOS since all of the discussion has revolved around DirecTV. Just for giggles I started monsters and aliens 3D from the HBO on demand service to see what would happen. Once the movie started I saw two side by side screens. Does this mean I am in the clear? By the way just to reiterate FIOS has a ton of 3D content although it is all on demand at this point.

Hoow do you like the picture quality?
post #826 of 4220 Old 01-14-2011, 08:32 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

----

What I'd like to understand is how small convergence errors affect PQ and what levels of mc are indistinguishable from a perfectly converged projector. Only then would we really know if convergence is affecting pq.

Coming the days of CRTs the convergence was often much worse than the worst digital projectors and those were considered sharp. My how things have changed.
post #827 of 4220 Old 01-14-2011, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

----

As an experiment, you could sit in your normal seat, and adjust the pixel shift off intentionally, and see if you can notice the change in the picture. I bet its harder than you think! Naturally you shouldn't choose to change one of the colours off further that is already a bit off...keep it within 1 pixel.
post #828 of 4220 Old 01-14-2011, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
As an experiment, you could sit in your normal seat, and adjust the pixel shift off intentionally, and see if you can notice the change in the picture. I bet its harder than you think! Naturally you shouldn't choose to change one of the colours off further that is already a bit off...keep it within 1 pixel.
I may try that. I'd bet it's pretty complicated though. Fringing on text is pretty easily observable and knocking convergence out of whack should show up here pretty quickly I would think. OTOH, any mc in a sky scene (for example) is probably difficult to see. So I think it's scene/content dependent to a large extent.

There is undoubtedly some math than can be applied to this situation. The angular resolution of the eye coupled with seating distance and convergence error all seem relevant. It probably varies by color as well (seeing as how the eye is more sensitive to certain colors). I would hope JVC (and other pj mfgrs) thoroughly understand convergence requirements. Too bad they haven't shared that with us.

Geof
post #829 of 4220 Old 01-14-2011, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Has anyone managed to power the rs50 on using a Harmony One?

I've tried with the X3 profile (there is no X7), and with the rs50 profile, all the commands work except power on. I've tried learning power on from the remote, no dice. It doesn't switch on

It was the same with my old HD-750/rs20 profile (with the X7, it workd fine with the rs20), it would switch off but not on.

Anyone luckier?
post #830 of 4220 Old 01-14-2011, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post

I've tried with the X3 profile (there is no X7), and with the rs50 profile, all the commands work except power on. I've tried learning power on from the remote, no dice. It doesn't switch on

It was the same with my old HD-750/rs20 profile (with the X7, it workd fine with the rs20), it would switch off but not on.

Anyone luckier?
Kind of running into the same problem with the Harmony 1100...If I point it directly at the projector, it seems to work. If I bounce if off the screen, or even to an IR repeater with an emitter attached to either the front or back eye on the 50, it almost never works - I've tried increasing the power level in the Harmony software, learning the command...not sure what is going on...

Switching off does work. I haven't tried adjusting the millisecond delay yet...
post #831 of 4220 Old 01-14-2011, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I may try that. I'd bet it's pretty complicated though. Fringing on text is pretty easily observable and knocking convergence out of whack should show up here pretty quickly I would think. OTOH, any mc in a sky scene (for example) is probably difficult to see. So I think it's scene/content dependent to a large extent.

There is undoubtedly some math than can be applied to this situation. The angular resolution of the eye coupled with seating distance and convergence error all seem relevant. It probably varies by color as well (seeing as how the eye is more sensitive to certain colors). I would hope JVC (and other pj mfgrs) thoroughly understand convergence requirements. Too bad they haven't shared that with us.
Geof, it isn't just down to the texture of the content on screen, but the colour of it in a different way to what you said. For example if blue and green are correctly converged but red is not, then there is no loss of definition with an object with only blue or green components, and arguably one with a low red content will not be affected either. Similarly an object with striping low and high saturation of red colours, but absent in green and blue, would not be affected.

I suggest looking at facial/skin details as a test. Perhaps a close-up of someones face, preferably a man with imperfections or stubble as opposed to a woman smoothed out with foundation and make-up. Pause the image. And then playing with the pixel shift see if you can see the effect of 1 pixel MC.
post #832 of 4220 Old 01-14-2011, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Geof, it isn't just down to the texture of the content on screen, but the colour of it in a different way to what you said. For example if blue and green are correctly converged but red is not, then there is no loss of definition with an object with only blue or green components, and arguably one with a low red content will not be affected either. Similarly an object with striping low and high saturation of red colours, but absent in green and blue, would not be affected.
Agreed, that is what I was trying to say but I didn't say it very well.

Geof
post #833 of 4220 Old 01-14-2011, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Anyone luckier?
I haven't any experience with Harmony Remotes but can you not import (or otherwise use) Hex codes? The JVC Remote Control Document contains the power on/off hex codes in addition to many other useful codes which are not on the OEM remote.

Geof
post #834 of 4220 Old 01-14-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I haven't any experience with Harmony Remotes but can you not import (or otherwise use) Hex codes? The JVC Remote Control Document contains the power on/off hex codes in addition to many other useful codes which are not on the OEM remote.
Guys.

How does the rs50 look wth NFL football !
post #835 of 4220 Old 01-14-2011, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post

Kind of running into the same problem with the Harmony 1100...If I point it directly at the projector, it seems to work. If I bounce if off the screen, or even to an IR repeater with an emitter attached to either the front or back eye on the 50, it almost never works - I've tried increasing the power level in the Harmony software, learning the command...not sure what is going on...

Switching off does work. I haven't tried adjusting the millisecond delay yet...

Thanks, I feel less alone

I tried both pointing at the PJ and pointing at the screen, doesn't help.

What's weird is that all the other commands in the rs50 profile work perfectly. It's only the power on command (from the Logitech database or learnt directly from the rs-50 remote) that doesn't work.

I've never seen this with any of my other devices. When a command doesn't work, or isn't there, I learn it from the remote and usually that's that.
post #836 of 4220 Old 01-14-2011, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Unfortunately you can't AFAIK, except using complicated sequences (like those used to enter region free codes in DVD/BD players).
post #837 of 4220 Old 01-14-2011, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:

Anyone luckier?

Quote:

Thanks, I feel less alone

I tried both pointing at the PJ and pointing at the screen, doesn't help.

What's weird is that all the other commands in the rs50 profile work perfectly. It's only the power on command (from the Logitech database or learnt directly from the rs-50 remote) that doesn't work.

I've never seen this with any of my other devices. When a command doesn't work, or isn't there, I learn it from the remote and usually that's that.

Have you tried to learn the Power On command into your Harmony remote from the original JVC remote in the RAW format. I you are not familar with using this learning mode for your Harmony, just go to the Harmony program on your PC, then go to the Harmony help page and search on RAW. Alternatively if you need to have the hex codes added for a new command, you can email Harmony support, give the the hex codes, the device and command name along with your account login name and they can add it.

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
post #838 of 4220 Old 01-14-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
1) The first thing that struck me was how much sharper this was than the RS20. I felt my RS20 have very good sharpness but this projector felt more like a DLP than any prior JVC model I have owner.

thats good to hear. I have a RS20 and while i love it, i do like the sharpness of DLP projector
post #839 of 4220 Old 01-14-2011, 11:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Hutnicki View Post

thats good to hear. I have a RS20 and while i love it, i do like the sharpness of DLP projector

Do you think that's a 1 chip vs 3 chip misconvergence thing? Or do you think 3 chip DLP is also sharper than 3 chip DILA?

I haven't seen a JVC projector since my G15. I can't do 1 chip. What I'm wondering is how the new JVC's do with sharpness and motion handling compared to 3 chip DLP in general.

post #840 of 4220 Old 01-15-2011, 12:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones View Post

Have you tried to learn the Power On command into your Harmony remote from the original JVC remote in the RAW format. I you are not familar with using this learning mode for your Harmony, just go to the Harmony program on your PC, then go to the Harmony help page and search on RAW. Alternatively if you need to have the hex codes added for a new command, you can email Harmony support, give the the hex codes, the device and command name along with your account login name and they can add it.

Hi Ron,

I don't know if there is a specific RAW mode, but I tried the usual way to get the Harmony to learn the code from the JVC remote, without any success. Also all the keys (including the Power ON key) are already in the logitech database. It's just that power on doesn't seem to work, either as it is in the database by default, or when I learn it.

I was trying to avoid a call to Logitech, but it looks like I'm going to have to.

Thanks
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , Jvc America , Jvc Rs50u

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page