post #451 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

I mentioned this earlier, I think a good torture test is Step up 3D & Street Dance 3D. Plenty of mixed / low light scenes, fast paced motion and both were recently shot in 2010 with real 3D equipment, no conversions.

Zombie, i would be more than happy to test it for you if you or someone can send me a copy both 3D dance movies , at least Street Dance 3D since i can get Step Up 3D in th next couple of weeks when its released in the US.

I will be testing My Bloody Valentine 3D, which will really be one if the worst case scenarios for brigthness (or lack of) and ghosting. If this RS40 can play this movie very well, then can officially declare this Pjto be the god of sly 3D displays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnsam77 View Post

I hope that is the case, because there is no way for me to tell what the DirecTv nix is thinking if yu know what i mean. And if that is truly the case, and part if me thinks so since you can sometime trick the DirecTV receiver to play nice by switching back and forth between working and nonworking 3D shows really fast, sort of, but if you do it immediately after yhad just played a working 3D program, then you can try to play the non working ones and at least the first couple of seconds would play before it stops playing and shows either the "720p or 1080/24" error. So in other words it could very well be a glitch from DirecTV's end and if that is the case JVC needs to communicate with DirecTV ASAP because a consumer is not going to be able to get them to update the FW this fast to include the JVC on the list of working and compatible 3D displays.

Sam, I dont know if you have been following Thrangs 90ES vs RS50 comparison in the thread he started, but he mentioned in one of his latest posts that he was watching DirecTV SBS 3d with no issues on the RS50.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #453 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Sam, I dont know if you have been following Thrangs 90ES vs RS50 comparison in the thread he started, but he mentioned in one of his latest posts that he was watching DirecTV SBS 3d with no issues on the RS50.

Well that is encouraging, maybe my FW on the RS40 or the the DirecTV Box are behind?

Either than or maybe he has only been watching the working 3D programs, aother thing i may need to do is re-record the nonworking shows or watch them live on the 103 channel.i will report back, hopefully Thrang can step in this thread and join theXirectv discussion. I will try to it uhis comapriso thread.
post #454 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 09:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:

Zombie, i would be more than happy to test it for you if you or someone can send me a copy both 3D dance movies , at least Street Dance 3D since i can get Step Up 3D in th next couple of weeks when its released in the US.

I will be testing My Bloody Valentine 3D, which will really be one if the worst case scenarios for brigthness (or lack of) and ghosting. If this RS40 can play this movie very well, then can officially declare this Pjto be the god of sly 3D displays.

Roger that. My Bloody Valentine is a torture test for ghosting. Don't get me wrong - it's certainly not all bad. Most scenes are good in terms of ghosting, and in many ways I like it, because it's one of the few non-animated 3D films. But, it does a really good job of revealing a display's ghosting weaknesses. It would be cool to see that movie with no ghosting whatsoever. I wish I could go over to zombie's house and watch it on the Acer. (Seriously, I'm still entertaining the thought of getting one just to check it out.)

Joe Clark

post #455 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:

I hope that is the case, because there is no way for me to tell what the DirecTv HDDVR is thinking if you know what i mean. And if that is truly the case, and part if me thinks so since you can sometime trick the DirecTV receiver to play nice by switching back and forth between working and nonworking 3D shows really fast, sort of, but if you do it immediately after yhad just played a working 3D program, then you can try to play the non working ones and at least the first couple of seconds would play before it stops playing and shows either the "720p or 1080/24" error. So in other words it could very well be a glitch from DirecTV's end and if that is the case JVC needs to communicate with DirecTV ASAP because a consumer is not going to be able to get them to update the FW this fast to include the JVC on the list of working and compatible 3D displays.

Owners of other 3DTVs have reported similar issues with the Directv HD-DVRs - HERE is one example. I think this comes up with the DirectV equipment because they only have HDMI 1.3 outputs and as a result they do not support the HDMI 1.4 EDID 3D specific feature that would let the DVR directly recognize which 3D formats are supported by the connected 3D display. Perhaps we can have Chris (from JVC) contact Directv as it will probably carry more weight than having one of their customers make the call.

I sent Chris (at JVC) a PM requesting he coordinate with Directv.

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
post #456 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

So when my wife finally decided to come down to enjoy the 3D projector, i synched another Xpand pair of 3D glasses and verified that they were working, or so i thought. Then i put mine on and played the FiFA 3D disc then An hour later played Bolt 3D. Well in between those 60-90 mins something must have happened to her glasses because about half way through FIFA she started saying " oh man this looks so faded and i can't read the font it's a "little blurry" and i am used to my wife's not near perfect vision, she has to wear glasses when driving so she can clearly see the street signs at night, and she can read just fine up close and only wears her glasses like 5% of the time. S she kept telling me it is faded and just a little blurry, so i got her her glasses from upstairs to out them on and she was still complaining. I was convinced it was her bad vision for almost an hour of watching FIFA and the first 10 mins of Bolt, since i had my working glasses on and kept telling her "sorry to tell you this, it looks great to me, i think you really have to get rechecked for a better subscription." at the end i finally paused this one scene in Bolt and asked her how it looks an d said it's very blurry (finally said very, not little) then i tried on her glasses and they were nt even on!!!! i told her this is not just a "little blurry" this is very blurry, gosh you got to complain a little better LOL, so i turned them on for her and she was like WOW!!! This looks amazing! So we had to replay Bolt from the beginning which made her instantly regret me spending $1400 on the Sony 3D TV since the effect on the RS40 was so much better.
post #457 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbroke View Post

As previously disclosed I'm a total noob. Also as previously disclosed I'm having picture quality issues with the RS40. So I need help from the more seasoned JVC users out there...

A few questions:

1. First of all it seems like the picture quality has improved a bit without me doing a whole lot. The PJ is clocking 6 hours now so is it possible that the PJ is getting a little bit better after a few hours?
2. Because of the Chief RPAU mount issue, I have the pj sitting on the rack and uses an enormous amount of horizontal lens shift. Can this drastically affect the picture quality? I seem to recall reading about it possibly be bad. It's impossible for me to move the PJ more center since there are doors there. (I'm probably going to make the mod this weekend to the Chief plate if I can't fix the picture otherwise)
3. The issue I'm having is, how can I describe, its kind of a moving object focus issue. For example in a movie if there is a close-up of a face, it is sharp as hell but then as the camera pans out and objects, such as persons or other move around then the picture looses its clarity. In other words moving objects are problematic. I'm not sure if it makes sense but if it does are there any adjustments I need to focus my attention to?

A few details about the setup:
- Stewart Studiotek 130 G3 128 diagonal
- Approx 16 ½ feet throw
- Seating at around 13 ½ feet from the screen.
- Denon 3311CI AV receiver

Thanks for your help.

Wow to number 3....sounds just like an LCD flat panel "trying" to keep up. I had a decent Sony flat panel that did that exact same thing. Some if the motion processing helped slightly, but it was still there. Someone replied to this earlier asking if you checked the cmd settting...I'm assuming this is some sort of motion processing? A good panel shouldn't have any general problems with motion, and the motion enhancements should be available to further enhance the picture, NOT FIX IT. I've also read that mode 1 and 2 can cause the dreaded color fringing issue. Maybe it's there on mode 3 and 4 as well? I don't know, because I don't have the projector.

So with processing turned of, you have focus blurred focus artifacts of fine details like hair or fine lines that are stationary then move slightly, correct?

And with a cmd mode on to "fix it" (again, this should be an enhancement, not a work around), you're susceptible to color fringing?

Kinda depressing (I was really looking forward to this proj)

My epson 6500 blows at colors and black level, but it needs NO processing to fix any artifacts. I leave it off for everything and it does great. I was assuming I could do the same thing with the JVC, but it sounds like there are motion issues with cmd off. That kinda sucks.
post #458 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
How are we suppose to do even the most basic calibration of brightness and contrast in 3D? Would it be sufficient to wear the glasses, put up a 2D test pattern, hit the 3D button on the JVC and then calibrate from there?
post #459 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

So when my wife finally decided to come down to enjoy the 3D projector, i synched another Xpand pair of 3D glasses and verified that they were working, or so i thought. Then i put mine on and played the FiFA 3D disc then An hour later played Bolt 3D. Well in between those 60-90 mins something must have happened to her glasses because about half way through FIFA she started saying " oh man this looks so faded and i can't read the font it's a "little blurry" and i am used to my wife's not near perfect vision, she has to wear glasses when driving so she can clearly see the street signs at night, and she can read just fine up close and only wears her glasses like 5% of the time. S she kept telling me it is faded and just a little blurry, so i got her her glasses from upstairs to out them on and she was still complaining. I was convinced it was her bad vision for almost an hour of watching FIFA and the first 10 mins of Bolt, since i had my working glasses on and kept telling her "sorry to tell you this, it looks great to me, i think you really have to get rechecked for a better subscription." at the end i finally paused this one scene in Bolt and asked her how it looks an d said it's very blurry (finally said very, not little) then i tried on her glasses and they were nt even on!!!! i told her this is not just a "little blurry" this is very blurry, gosh you got to complain a little better LOL, so i turned them on for her and she was like WOW!!! This looks amazing! So we had to replay Bolt from the beginning which made her instantly regret me spending $1400 on the Sony 3D TV since the effect on the RS40 was so much better.

This is the exact reason that I like the idea of the JVC glasses turning on automatically!

-Sean
post #460 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenificent1 View Post

How are we suppose to do even the most basic calibration of brightness and contrast in 3D? Would it be sufficient to wear the glasses, put up a 2D test pattern, hit the 3D button on the JVC and then calibrate from there?

Ideally someone with the right software tools on their PC could take the essential test patterns from the AVS test disc and encode those patterns as both the left and right images, but with no horizontal offset, then create an ISO image file that we could download and burn to a disc (as is the case with the existing AVS test disc). While it would be ideal to have the disc using the Blu-ray standard Frame Packing full resolution 1080p 3D format, we could probably live with a 1080p side-by-side half resolution format.

Any forum members out there willing and able to give it a try?

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
post #461 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 10:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones View Post

Ideally someone with the right software tools on their PC could take the essential test patterns from the AVS test disc and encode those patterns as both the left and right images, but with no horizontal offset, then create an ISO image file that we could download and burn to a disc (as is the case with the existing AVS test disc). While it would be ideal to have the disc using the Blu-ray standard Frame Packing full resolution 1080p 3D format, we could probably live with a 1080p side-by-side half resolution format.

Any forum members out there willing and able to give it a try?

Petri created some side by side test images but thinks they don't work well for calibration.

Joe Clark

post #462 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 10:32 AM
cpc
AVS Club Gold

I have an RS40 coming and I was planning to use a 100" diagonal 16:9 screen. If I give my projector between 4" and 9.5" of space between the back of the projector and the back wall, I'm looking at a zoom of 75% to 77% wide angle. The projector will be on a shelf and the shelf will be 4" off the back wall. Both sides of the projector will be completely free from obstruction for over a foot on either side, if not more. Throw distance in this setup is between 12' 4" and 12' 8". EDIT - it looks like the owners manual asks for 8" of clearance behind the projector and back wall because of the air inlets. An unfortunate design for what is turning out to be a longer throw projector.

How much space do I need behind my projector?

Is my projector going to throw an ok picture with the zoom at 75-77% wide angle...as in 1.75 X zoom? Will sharpness and contrast/black levels suffer at this throw ratio?

Should I try to lengthen my throw a bit by pushing the projector back and perhaps going with a slightly smaller screen? From what I understand, the image optics aren't as sharp and the contrast and/or black level can suffer at the wider end. My screen will be a lower gain screen, somewhere between 0.8 and 1.4. Even if I put this projector in another setup in a different room with a 15 foot throw and slightly smaller screen, I can only manage a 50% zoom and at the moment, I can't use that setup.
post #463 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 10:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I think he also has questions about the accuracy of using meters through shutter glasses, but I should let him explain that himself.

Joe Clark

post #464 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaseuser View Post

Wow to number 3....sounds just like an LCD flat panel "trying" to keep up. I had a decent Sony flat panel that did that exact same thing. Some if the motion processing helped slightly, but it was still there. Someone replied to this earlier asking if you checked the cmd settting...I'm assuming this is some sort of motion processing? A good panel shouldn't have any general problems with motion, and the motion enhancements should be available to further enhance the picture, NOT FIX IT. I've also read that mode 1 and 2 can cause the dreaded color fringing issue. Maybe it's there on mode 3 and 4 as well? I don't know, because I don't have the projector.

So with processing turned of, you have focus blurred focus artifacts of fine details like hair or fine lines that are stationary then move slightly, correct?

And with a cmd mode on to "fix it" (again, this should be an enhancement, not a work around), you're susceptible to color fringing?

Kinda depressing (I was really looking forward to this proj)

My epson 6500 blows at colors and black level, but it needs NO processing to fix any artifacts. I leave it off for everything and it does great. I was assuming I could do the same thing with the JVC, but it sounds like there are motion issues with cmd off. That kinda sucks.

Keep in mind that Zbroke might be experiencing some issues related to his highly unusual shifting and projector placement. others like me who now proudly own an RS40/50 will attest to it's incredible picture quality and the lack of motion artifacts and fringing (with CMD off).

However, with CMD turned on Modes 1 and 2 there is some noticeable fringing when watching regular bluray movies. However with HD gaming all 5 modes look great with modes 3 and 4 looking spectacular, so realistic and smooth playing FPS. With Black Ops on the 360.

This projector so far and after watching about 10 hours of 3D it had show no worrying signs of ghosting or flicker. For me i have not noticed flicker once, while noticing some very light ghosting on some 3D DirecTV programming, at least the ones i have been able to play. And as far as CMD And motion artifacts the only thing i can report is the fringing in modes 1 and 2. It is near perfect otherwise.

I really still cannot believe that i own such a badass piece of equipment in my own theater. The only thing i dislike is the 720p quality of 3D gaming via the RS40, so here is hoping 3D gaming will eventually go to stereoscopic frame packed 1080p 3D, because only then it would look great on a giant home theater screen
post #465 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I've been searching for an online user manual for the RS50 or RS40 and cannot find it. I looked on the JVC support site and they didn't have any manuals for the DLA-RS50U. Can anyone send me a link? The main thing I want now is an idea of required clearance behind the projector so I can figure out close to the rear wall I can put it.

Also, the spec sheet indicates the projector is 18.6 inches long. Is that accurate?

Thanks.
post #466 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax View Post

I've been searching for an online user manual for the RS50 or RS40 and cannot find it. I looked on the JVC support site and they didn't have any manuals for the DLA-RS50U. Can anyone send me a link? The main thing I want now is an idea of required clearance behind the projector so I can figure out close to the rear wall I can put it.

Also, the spec sheet indicates the projector is 18.6 inches long. Is that accurate?

Thanks.

You can get the DLA-X3/7/9 Instruction Book from:

http://uk.jvc-service.net/public/doc...m&Model=DLA-X7

These are identical to the RS40/50/60.
post #467 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Thanks!

Perhaps this could be linked in the first post of this thread to make it easier for others to find?
post #468 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:

I am not sure what you mean by processing lag in gaming. I played 2 hours of BlackOps in 2D and there was no lag at all, is this one of those things that some people would notice and others don't? (like RBE or flicker?) if processing lag in gaming is easily detectable in an FPS type of gaming, then there was absolutely no lag, and that was the case whether CMD is engaged or not. This is a great 2D gaming projector guys.

Right, I was just asking if you can notice much time between when you do something on your game controller and when you see the reaction on the screen. The game console takes some time of course, your receiver may add some lag (I also have a 4311), and then there's the projector. How important this is probably does depend on the person, but anyway cool to hear you didn't notice anything playing an FPS.

I wish projector reviewers would include a lag measurement for the various projector modes in their reviews. At least the ones I read don't seem to (projector reviews, projector central, cine4home) unless I missed it.
post #469 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryB_UK View Post

Gary,
Did you read about my two glitches so far?

First one, i cannot cycle gamma modes on the remote in 3D from B(3D) to A(3D) without the PJ throwing a hissy fit and shutting off and flashing both Warning and Lamp light rapidly, until 10 second after i unplug the power. According to the manual thie dual flashing red/orange lights is a sign of a circuit issue. I can however go to the menu and select A(3D) or B (3D) from the gamma selection box.

Second, DirecTv HDDVR is not recognizing the RS40 or RS50 to be a compatible 3D display when it comes to 720p 3D and 1080p/24 3D programming. What gives?

Please send this report to your Fine team of engineers please and let us know what the diagnosis is.
post #470 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I will do so as soon as i get my internet back, it takes forever to load a new page in 3G. Qwest, my dsl provider, should be here any minute now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax View Post

Thanks!

Perhaps this could be linked in the first post of this thread to make it easier for others to find?

post #471 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark View Post

Petri created some side by side test images but thinks they don't work well for calibration.

Yeah, I have a feeling projectors process side-by-side 3D differently than they do proper Frame Packed 3D. Further testing is needed, obviously.

Please, feel free to call me by my first name, Petri.
post #472 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:

Gary,
Did you read about my two glitches so far?

First one, i cannot cycle gamma modes on the remote in 3D from B(3D) to A(3D) without the PJ throwing a hissy fit and shutting off and flashing both Warning and Lamp light rapidly, until 10 second after i unplug the power. According to the manual thie dual flashing red/orange lights is a sign of a circuit issue. I can however go to the menu and select A(3D) or B (3D) from the gamma selection box.

Second, DirecTv HDDVR is not recognizing the RS40 or RS50 to be a compatible 3D display when it comes to 720p 3D and 1080p/24 3D programming. What gives?

Please send this report to your Fine team of engineers please and let us know what the diagnosis is.

I'll check an X3 when I get to work on Monday for the gamma switching.

We don't have DirecTV over here, but I'll mention it.
post #473 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 230-SEAN View Post

This is the exact reason that I like the idea of the JVC glasses turning on automatically!

-Sean

Yes, point taken, but once the Xpand glasses are synched with the Pj, they will not go out of synch. You simply just turn them on and off, tis was a pure case of user error on my part (1D10T so to speak). I either did not have them on whey handed them to my wife, or maybe they auto shut off when i w as switching sourcing between 2D DirecTV and 3D bluray because i remember doing that at some point. Maybe my w ife pushed the button by mistake when she was adjusting the glasses on her face, so who knows.

At the end i coukd buy 5 or even 6 x103 glasses from AVS for the price of of 4 JVCs, the savings will add up the more 3D glasses you need to buy. And then the universal comaptability is a god sent in my opinion for those of us with 3D flag panels in the family room.

I still say Xpand edges out the JvC based on price and universal compataibilty appeal. Nit to mention they come. With 2 extra batteries, thats like another $10 off.
post #474 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 80
Quote:

First of all, I can confirm this projector so far is 100% flicker free by both my wife and I. . .

Also ghosting is VERY minimal (best non Ghosting 3D display i have experienced) . . .

Back to the Bolt 3D experience: my wife was amazed at how awesome it looked, she actually said the same thing i thought in my own mind, "if we knew 3D was gonna look this good in theater with the RS40, we probably wouldn't have blown $1400 on the 55" Sony HX800." . . .

So far the RS40 is definitely impressive in 3D video, and just alright with 3D gaming. But it looks amazing with just regular 2D gaming (no lag that I can see)

WoW!! (Boing!)

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

==> The Richter Family 3D Theater  
post #475 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'll check an X3 when I get to work on Monday for the gamma switching.

We don't have DirecTV over here, but I'll mention it.

Thanks Gary, and if the gamma does successfully cycle via the remote from B3D to A3D , please post the FW version on that X3
post #476 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Keep in mind that Zbroke might be experiencing some issues related to his highly unusual shifting and projector placement. others like me who now proudly own an RS40/50 will attest to it's incredible picture quality and the lack of motion artifacts and fringing (with CMD off).

No one should cancel their order based on my experience that's for sure... As far as using CMD, it is OFF but I experimented with it.

I did however make a follow up post noting that BluRay looks good so part of my issue, I assume, is the content provider.

Could be too much zoom in combination with too much H-shifting?

GO HABS GO!
post #477 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post

WoW!! (Boing!)

Oh No! Not the infamous TS3D Woody

Everyone hide your daughters and small children!!
post #478 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntwister View Post

Well.....now you have given me an erection LOL. I am following this thread's every post and after this post, I am SO excited. My RS-50 shipped yesterday so probably Tuesday. I know this is the RS40 thread, but it is providing me with much info and I appreciate the time and effort all of you are putting in to this, especially Damnsam....and I certainly understand your being up for 24 hours, I wonder how long I will stay awake when mine comes. I am taking off work Wednesday through Friday that gives me 5 days to play.

I am going from a 2006 Epson 1080 (not even UB) to the RS50 and I can't even imagine how much improvement there will be.

I am going with the Xpand 103's and saving $200.

Oh that's awesome Twister . . . (and I'm not talking about your first sentence!). Report back your findings on the RS50u only!

Kevin

post #479 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Oh No! Not the infamous TS3D Woody

Everyone hide your daughters and small children!!

And as you can see... he's 3D ready!!

Kevin

post #480 of 10033 Old 12-11-2010, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yep, you heard right. Even more 3D eyewear to pick from and these look pretty slick and they are dirt cheap!!! The kind you would give little kids and not have a stroke if they break it.

Introducing NXG 3D glasses:

http://www.firefold.com/%2FNXG-NX-3D...es-P31303.aspx

These sell online between $50-$60 and my local dealer in Colorado asked if i could test them for him as soon as he receives a pair, and of course i say hell yes! If they work, i can probably buy 4 of them of the price of 2 Xpands or even 1 JVC, LOL! (JVC really needs to slash the prices on their 3D glasses)

I won't get excited until i see them for myself, but here are some of their specs:

The wireless NX-3DG active 3D glasses are designed to view 3D content on most 3D projectors with an option I/R emitter, certain 100 Hz or higher CRT monitors, and any Samsung 3D ready TV with a built in emitter. NXG offers a high quality alternative to higher priced active shutter glasses, allowing your family and friends to share and enjoy the full 3D viewing experience.

- Unique design of power saving circuit layout and low power saving chips enable the glasses to be lightweight and flexible
- Glasses may run up to 301 hours of continuous use and 1-year standby before a battery change
- Extended IR receiving window is constructed with a high filter capacity to reduce environmental interference to improve all-around receiving without a black hole effect
- Intelligent auto ON/OFF function extends battery life by awakening automatically when receiving an IR signal and going into power saving mode 5 minutes after IR signal is cut off
- Designed with built-in low power detection, glasses will flash once every second to alert user battery needs to be replaced
- Glasses are designed to work for 3 hours after low power is detected to enable user to finish a movie
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page