Official JVC RS40/X3 Owners Thread - Page 166 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4951 of 10005 Old 02-26-2011, 05:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Only a bit over 6 months to CEDIA to see what next yr's models will do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4952 of 10005 Old 02-26-2011, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by jae3cpamd View Post

Can I get the plamsa pop with the RS-40 or RS-50 using the Stewart FireHawk G3 or SI Black Diamond Screens?

it depends on what your expectations are. There are us Dalite HP fanatics, and then everyone else.
post #4953 of 10005 Old 02-26-2011, 06:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

I don't think i've heard anyone complain about stuck pixels.

So count me as first. My RS40 has one stuck blue pixel almost right in the center of the screen (like 6 inches away from the center on my 115" diag 2.35 screen). I am just trying to do my first calibration so I noticed it standing close to the screen. I thought I saw it earlier and thought it disappeared, but it is definitely there. Confirmed with both my media player and PC as sources. It's dark though, and I quite cannot see it from like 4 feet away, much less from 10 feet where I sit.

I guess it does not warrant replacement, especially that the unit seems to be decent otherwise (convergence wise blue is up to 1 pixel off in the bottom 40% of the screen), although AVS in the past replaced a RS25 in such case (thread link: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1184716).

Is there any reason to think a panel with a stuck pixel can get worse in that area over time? Not the case with regular LCD displays, but I don't know much about LcoS.
post #4954 of 10005 Old 02-26-2011, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemat View Post

So count me as first. My RS40 has one stuck blue pixel almost right in the center of the screen (like 6 inches away from the center on my 115" diag 2.35 screen). I am just trying to do my first calibration so I noticed it standing close to the screen. I thought I saw it earlier and thought it disappeared, but it is definitely there. Confirmed with both my media player and PC as sources. It's dark though, and I quite cannot see it from like 4 feet away, much less from 10 feet where I sit.

I guess it does not warrant replacement, especially that the unit seems to be decent otherwise (convergence wise blue is up to 1 pixel off in the bottom 40% of the screen), although AVS in the past replaced a RS25 in such case (thread link: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1184716).

Is there any reason to think a panel with a stuck pixel can get worse in that area over time? Not the case with regular LCD displays, but I don't know much about LcoS.

There's probably others, most aren't going to press their nose against the screen looking for the stuck pixels. At least it's blue, it shouldn't be noticeable from seating distance.

My RS40 convergence was uneven and it didn't help that horizontal R & B were off a pixel in opposite directions. There was no way to pixel adjust without affecting the other half of the screen. My replacement RS50 has very even convergence after I move the horizontal blue to -2. It's near perfect now across the entire screen.

I think uneven convergence should warrant a replacement. The built in adjustments aren't much help if the panels aren't aligned as close as possible.
post #4955 of 10005 Old 02-26-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:

it depends on what your expectations are. There are us Dalite HP fanatics, and then everyone else.

Can you use a DA-Lite HP screen with a ceiling mounted projector?
post #4956 of 10005 Old 02-26-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:

Can you use a DA-Lite HP screen with a ceiling mounted projector? Are there any type of stands to use with the JVC's if yu want it to be behind your seating area.
post #4957 of 10005 Old 02-26-2011, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Most of you following this thread (and the 50 owners thread), know I've had issues with trying to find a viable work around for switching my 3D sources since the Denon 5308ci doesn't support it. I've tried three leading 4x2 matrix switches from Monoprice, HDTVSupply & Gefen. None of them supported the Oppo 93 and only one worked with my HR24 STB. These were all between $100-$300 and although only a 3x1 switch, I found a workable solution for $25 that works as advertised!! I still use the 2nd output of the Oppo 93 for HD audio codecs but figure since DirecTV doesn't really ever use the new HD audio streams, a toslink is a good enough work around till the Denon gets its 3D upgrade this fall.

If you're looking for a 3x1 supporting all 3D including 1080p/24(fp) this is the one!! And for $25... go figure!! (I'm told there's a 5x1 for $50 as well) BlueRigger 301BN Premium 3 port High speed HDMI switch

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Richter Family 3D Theater  

post #4958 of 10005 Old 02-26-2011, 08:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolt View Post

Has anybody tested to see if the MonsterVision Max 3D transmitter and glasses work on the JVC DLA RS-40?

I'm waiting for mine to be delivered by Amazon (good pricing there too btw!) but I was told a couple weeks ago the reason for the delay for a couple of weeks by Monster was because they now include in the box a 3pin DIN to mini-jack cable to be able to connect directly to the JVC's! Smart thinking by Monster!! I would assume one could conclude...

Kevin

post #4959 of 10005 Old 02-26-2011, 08:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill View Post

Only a bit over 6 months to CEDIA to see what next yr's models will do.

LOL!

This has been going through my head over and over. RS40 soon or wait. I saw the RS50 (although the dealer wouldn't put the pic on low lamp mode) and at least in the viewing I saw it just didn't seem like a major jump over my FPJ1/Dalite HP setup. I could get somewhere between $1600-$2k for my projector now (with less than 400hrs) so I'm trying to determine how much mine will depreciate by the end of the year and how much the new models will cost and how much they will improve.

Decisions, decisions. These initial problems with the 40s though sure is an incentive to wait. I'm not upgrading for the 3D like many here. I just want a better 2D pic.
post #4960 of 10005 Old 02-26-2011, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Can you use a DA-Lite HP screen with a ceiling mounted projector?

Depends on how high the projector is mounted. If it's more than 3 feet over your head then it likely won't do you any good (and could actually make the pic dimmer).
post #4961 of 10005 Old 02-26-2011, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnsam77 View Post

And last I will leave you with the classic AVS response about reporting bugs. ONLY people who are having problems complain, the rest, like me, TOE, Kevin, Zbroke, Jason, and the dozens of other early owners (from Dec through Feb) are done spending hours of our days posting impressions about 3D and 2D, most of us are off and away in our own theaters enjoying these wonderful projectors, which I hope all others on the order list get to enjoy very soon.

I couldn't have possibly said it better my brutha!!

Kevin

post #4962 of 10005 Old 02-26-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post
I'm waiting for mine to be delivered by Amazon (good pricing there too btw!) but I was told a couple weeks ago the reason for the delay for a couple of weeks by Monster was because they now include in the box a 3pin DIN to mini-jack cable to be able to connect directly to the JVC's! Smart thinking by Monster!! I would assume one could conclude...
Eurotrance in the 3D Tech section (http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post20065104) confirmed that the MonsterVision glasses work with the JVC projector directly by plugging it into the 3-pin plug, so I am assuming that they are including the 3-pin VESA connector. I want to buy them from Amazon, but they quote 1-2 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurotrance View Post
Ok, got to play with the MonsterVision glasses on my RS50.

First, I confirm that the transmitter connects directly to the 3D sync port of the JVC projector, no need for the IR transmitter from JVC, unless you want to use both the MV glasses and some IR glasses at the same time.
post #4963 of 10005 Old 02-26-2011, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by razz589 View Post
Thanks j5627429

I tried rocking it back and forth with the remote and it never worked.
The weird thing is that it didn't move in any direction vertically or horizontally until I reset it to factory defaults. Now it moves horizontally fine but I still can't get it to budge vertically.

I agree with you that if it was horizontal that was broke I could most likely live with it but I need some vertical.

My dealer wants me to call JVC Tech support first just to make sure they don't have any tricks to get it unstuck...however my dealer is very good to work with and will get it exchanged no problem.

Thanks again!
try to assist the lens with your hand. It might just be stuck on a hard spot. couldnt hurt anything since your dealer knows you have a problem already.
post #4964 of 10005 Old 02-27-2011, 01:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Okay back to give my day 2 impressions of my RS40. Saw Imax Space Station. That was the most amazing thing I have ever seen in my life! Very minimal ghosting. The contrast ratio was incredible. The clarity and sharpness in 3d is just so uncanny. I almost couldn't believe my eyes. The 3d effect in this movie was very strong. We kind of got a little dizzy watching it. Maybe we need to give our eyes a break from 3d a bit.

Played more Motorstorm. Ghosting still evident but it is just a blast to play. Making those long jumps with big air needs to be experienced. Also tried nba 2k11 on the xbox 360. Pretty horrible overall. Low resolution, poor frame rate and ghosting galore. It's side by side so I'm sure that doesn't help.

I still am puzzled by how sharp things look in 3d versus 2d. Once again I tried Space Station in 2d after watching it in 3d and it just couldn't compare. It looked softer with far less detail and resolution. Have any of you tried viewing the same movie in both 3d and 2d and noticed this drastic difference? I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever enjoy 2d movies now that I've seen 3d like this.

I thought I would just add that I haven't experienced any of the issues with lock-ups and horrible convergence that some have gone through. So far so good.
post #4965 of 10005 Old 02-27-2011, 01:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 42
post #4966 of 10005 Old 02-27-2011, 01:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemat View Post

Stuck pixels are extremely rare with the JVCs. You are definitely not unique, but JVC has achieved incredibly low defect yield. If you have a partially stuck (not full brightness), blue pixel, I would just forget about it, because there is no way to see it seated.

As for the convergence, vertical blue seems to be the most frequent deviation. In almost all of the screenshots I have seen, blue is out vertically. Very strange. My own unit is out in blue, and so was the shop one I saw. Both uneven as well in that it was not linear across the screen. Due to the fact that for some optical strange weirdness blue pixels also seem to be thinner than other colours in parts of the screen, it can look more than a pixel even when it is actually within 1 pixel. Although I personally think we should be within 0.5 of a pixel now, at least blue error is less noticeable than other colours. In both the shop unit and my own, the alignment is correct at say the top of the screen, then out by 1 pixel at the bottom of the screen. It is not completely linear, so its actually a little better than 0.5 a pixel out in the middle, but you get the idea.

Based on the screenshots I have seen, although I know some people don't have this error, most of them seem to be out in blue in this manner. So if you were to swap it, the chances are you would end up with the same problem again.
post #4967 of 10005 Old 02-27-2011, 02:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by xb1032 View Post
LOL!

I just want a better 2D pic.
I went from an RS1 to an RS40. IMHO, while the 2d difference is certainly there, the RS1 and your RS2 are very respectable in 2d performance. Basically I feel it's an evolutionary improvement, getting more of the same, not necessarily a revolutionary jump. I feel that the 2d picture of the RS1 and the RS40 have more in common than not. To throw out all of the numbers, I can say that they have a similar "feel." That's not a bad thing, but that could explain why you weren't too impressed with what you saw with the rs50.

For me personally, the contrast ratio of the rs1 was at the point that anything more was just gravy. Anything less was unacceptable.

It's too bad you are not interested in 3d because that is a revolutionary picture improvement in my eyes.
post #4968 of 10005 Old 02-27-2011, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfly85 View Post
Another JVC bug hopefully to be fixed soon. I have the issue as well, and thought it was by design - so I just remember to do the opposite of where I want to shift the lens.
Same here, I didn't realize the shift orientation was supposed to change based on orientation.

I also noticed an issue with the Screen Adjust I'll have to try and replicate it before I label it a bug. Essentially, what happened is similar to the other RS40 settings that seem to be/are saved but not being used at power on. In this case with the Screen Adjust I was going through the settings and it seemed that once I had set an option from the Screen Adjust sub-menu to select an option that if I went back a menu and just did the left/right choice method for selecting that it no longer would do any adjustments and even drilling back into the menu and selecting different screens didn't work. So I'm kind of at a point where I don't trust the device is using (m)any of my settings on power-on. As an aside, since looking at the JVC screen material pdf and it seemed like most AT screens were "OFF" that is what I'm running but I figured I would mention my experience with that setting since it seems to fall in line with other settings issues.

As far as firmware goes and how it is thrown out as the cure-all, let me just say that as a former game developer there are a slew of bugs we COULD have fixed in our games and yet I would wager that over half still remain to this day. To me it is disingenuous to claim you have or have had no problems while also mentioning that the problems you have can be fixed by an update.

Now I don't disagree that most of our issues could be fixed by firmware updates but I can't reconcile, "no problems, except these". There is also nothing that guarantees new problems will not arise from an update.

I have had more problems with the Harmony 900 than the RS40 though one of the 900's problems would seem to be the 3D emitter which is actually a big deal when we cant start the movie or are stuck on the "3D or 2D" screen. To watch Step Up 3D we had to wait for the auto-start to launch the movie. I say seem because the JVC still picks up the IR from the remote when the emitter is on but that is being controlled IR only and not RF/IR like the C6800

With all of that I'm not trying to talk anyone out of an RS40 we certainly love the picture and we are now 3D converts but I also have not had any of the lock-up issues as all of ours have been software based.
post #4969 of 10005 Old 02-27-2011, 05:16 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnsam77 View Post
Big thumbs down! I traded my copy of Gran Turismo 5 for it, and I sort of regret it now. I never played the prior two Killzone games, and it's a mix of Gears of War and Resistance, so the gameplay and graphics in 2D are good and somewhat enjoyable, but no where near the quality of COD/MW2/BO, just a different kind of shooter. Plus I really appreciate the xbox360 controllers now, the more I play on my PS3, the more I start to prefer the 360's ergonomic design.

Now to the meat and potatoes. How was the 3D experience?

In one word? Awful
In two words? Beyond Awful!!!

All PS3 games use frame-packed 3D format for gaming. But the 3D quality is MUCH worse than COD-BlackOps on the 360. It just looks bad, not sharp at all, a bit blurry, and just not enjoyable to play for more than a few minutes. The Cut scenes look better as they are already rendered, but the actual game play image quality in 3D is sub-par.

If you're getting this game to complete your KillZone adventure, then get it by all means. But if you're only interested because it has the 3D logo on it, please don't waste your money. It looks worse than both Gran Turismo and Call of Duty combined.

I have come to the realization that we will have to wait for the Next Next Gen consoles to support HDMI 1.4, better 3D graphic engines. Maybe the PS4 or the xbox 500. The current gen consoles simply cannot provide you with the same sharp and jaw-dropping 3D quality that actual bluray movies offer. It comes down to the limited 3D 720P resolution, which will look great on a 50" flat panel but will look sub-par and low quality on any screen larger than 80-100 inches. There are simple not enough pixels to go around.
I tried to play this last night on my new rs50/mini3d and the game could not detect a 3d capable device. Are there settings in the PS3 that need to be changed for this to work?

Thanks
post #4970 of 10005 Old 02-27-2011, 05:52 AM

Guys I've started reading the thread and admittedly I'm only at page 52 (whew). But I wanted to put my question out there as I keep reading. I'm wondering if the RS40 would be sufficient for my setup (which sounds close to Sams):

Screen: SMX ProCurve 140" Width 1.1 Gain AT Cineweave HD
Throw distance: Can put it anywhere from 16-17', ceiling mounted
Total light controlled room
Not that concerned with 3D performance

Let me know if I've missed anything.

thx
post #4971 of 10005 Old 02-27-2011, 06:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskreis View Post
I tried to play this last night on my new rs50/mini3d and the game could not detect a 3d capable device. Are there settings in the PS3 that need to be changed for this to work?

Thanks
You did re-run the display settings wizard on the PS3 so it would detect your 3D display right?
post #4972 of 10005 Old 02-27-2011, 06:33 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith808 View Post

I still am puzzled by how sharp things look in 3d versus 2d. Once again I tried Space Station in 2d after watching it in 3d and it just couldn't compare. It looked softer with far less detail and resolution. Have any of you tried viewing the same movie in both 3d and 2d and noticed this drastic difference? I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever enjoy 2d movies now that I've seen 3d like this.
Well, if you happen to be using the 3D preset for viewing 3D and then looking at 2D with a different preset, you might be noticing the effect of the higher sharpness and detail enhance settings in that (3D)mode.
I find them a bit too high for my tastes and have made a custom user setting with them backed off (especially the sharpness).

But it's all a matter of taste.

S A M 33
post #4973 of 10005 Old 02-27-2011, 06:40 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey_fl View Post
Guys I've started reading the thread and admittedly I'm only at page 52 (whew). But I wanted to put my question out there as I keep reading. I'm wondering if the RS40 would be sufficient for my setup (which sounds close to Sams):

Screen: SMX ProCurve 140" Width 1.1 Gain AT Cineweave HD
Throw distance: Can put it anywhere from 16-17', ceiling mounted
Total light controlled room
Not that concerned with 3D performance

Let me know if I've missed anything.

thx
Again, it's all a matter of taste.

I have a 144 inch wide 1.1 gain painted screen with a 23 foot throw in a light controlled room. I'm really happy with my 2D picture at full scope size in hi lamp mode. I watched THE SOCIAL NETWORK last night, a rather darkish film, and it looked real good to me, not even from a Blu ray, just up-converted regular DVD. For 4x3 films I actually run it in low mode.

Now in 3D you may not be as satisfied, but with your shorter throw I think you'll be good there to at least 10 feet wide. But as you say, you're not that concerned.

I'd say you'll be fine unless you want a super hot plasma look at the full width size - then you'd likely need an HP screen. Me, I like a "film" look and as big a picture as I can get.

S A M 33
post #4974 of 10005 Old 02-27-2011, 06:40 AM

Does anyone have Invincible Tiger on the 360? Have you been able to get it to work in 3D?
post #4975 of 10005 Old 02-27-2011, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavNucST3 View Post
I also noticed an issue with the Screen Adjust I'll have to try and replicate it before I label it a bug. Essentially, what happened is similar to the other RS40 settings that seem to be/are saved but not being used at power on. In this case with the Screen Adjust I was going through the settings and it seemed that once I had set an option from the Screen Adjust sub-menu to select an option that if I went back a menu and just did the left/right choice method for selecting that it no longer would do any adjustments and even drilling back into the menu and selecting different screens didn't work. So I'm kind of at a point where I don't trust the device is using (m)any of my settings on power-on. As an aside, since looking at the JVC screen material pdf and it seemed like most AT screens were "OFF" that is what I'm running but I figured I would mention my experience with that setting since it seems to fall in line with other settings issues.
Hi,

Thanks for your observations.

Did you try Kris Deering's procedure in an attempt to re-engage your user selected Screen Adjust settings?

Posting #3516 .

If you get your settings to stick, I'd be interested in hearing whether the three Screen Adjust settings are a noticeable change from the default OFF setting.

Thanks.

Larry
post #4976 of 10005 Old 02-27-2011, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Can I get the plamsa pop with the RS-40 or RS-50 using the Stewart FireHawk G3 or SI Black Diamond Screens?

Quote:

Hi Jason,

Perhaps since you are a self-admitted Dalite HP fanatic I shouldn't expect an objective response, but could you please elaborate?

Am I correct that for this ultra high contrast projector a grey screen might not help as much in providing " pop" in comparison to a HP screen in light controlled environments? However, if there is ambient light present in the room a grey screen might have an advantage assuming the gain is about the same?

I gather the Screen Adjust feature is designed to compensate for non-white screens. Have you experimented with this feature? I'm trying to get a feel for the degree this feature would help when using a grey screen. I realize that the RS50 has much more adjustability for the Screen Adjust settings than the RS40.

Anyway I would appreciate any thoughts you might have on the pro and cons of using grey screens with these projectors.

Thanks.

Larry
post #4977 of 10005 Old 02-27-2011, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith808 View Post

I went from an RS1 to an RS40. IMHO, while the 2d difference is certainly there, the RS1 and your RS2 are very respectable in 2d performance. Basically I feel it's an evolutionary improvement, getting more of the same, not necessarily a revolutionary jump. I feel that the 2d picture of the RS1 and the RS40 have more in common than not. To throw out all of the numbers, I can say that they have a similar "feel." That's not a bad thing, but that could explain why you weren't too impressed with what you saw with the rs50.

For me personally, the contrast ratio of the rs1 was at the point that anything more was just gravy. Anything less was unacceptable.

It's too bad you are not interested in 3d because that is a revolutionary picture improvement in my eyes.

Thanks for the response. I do have interest in 3D but only to a certain degree. I'm in a different boat than most here and the comments in this thread are mostly 3D centered. If I didn't have a good projector as of now I'd get the 40. The biggest difference I've seen was the brightness and the neutral screen used at the dealer was as bright as my setup but I am using an HP screen. The extra brightness is definitely a plus but outside of that (with my RS2 clone) the differences weren't that much. And what makes the decision harder (which this part is true for any projector) is that even if the demo pic was sharper there's no guarantee that the unit I get would be any sharper than what I have because of the differences from unit to unit.

And from what I've seen the black levels on the 40 weren't much better than my setup (if much at all). And certainly not the black levels that blow away the old RS2/20s like one eager poster mentioned in this thread ). If so I'd be all over it.
post #4978 of 10005 Old 02-27-2011, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S A M 33 View Post

Well, if you happen to be using the 3D preset for viewing 3D and then looking at 2D with a different preset, you might be noticing the effect of the higher sharpness and detail enhance settings in that (3D)mode.
I find them a bit too high for my tastes and have made a custom user setting with them backed off (especially the sharpness).

But it's all a matter of taste.

S A M 33

Yes indeed, the default sharpness is 30 and detail enhancement at 15 for this mode. These are a bit high for me too.

However, I think I have noticed another bug, where in side by side mode, these settings become doubled again. So if it was set to 30, it behaves like 60 in side by side.
post #4979 of 10005 Old 02-27-2011, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryChanin View Post

Hi Jason,

Perhaps since you are a self-admitted Dalite HP fanatic I shouldn't expect an objective response, but could you please elaborate?

Am I correct that for this ultra high contrast projector a grey screen might not help as much in providing " pop" in comparison to a HP screen in light controlled environments? However, if there is ambient light present in the room a grey screen might have an advantage assuming the gain is about the same?

I gather the Screen Adjust feature is designed to compensate for non-white screens. Have you experimented with this feature? I'm trying to get a feel for the degree this feature would help when using a grey screen. I realize that the RS50 has much more adjustability for the Screen Adjust settings than the RS40.

Anyway I would appreciate any thoughts you might have on the pro and cons of using grey screens with these projectors.

Thanks.

Larry

Just a few thoughts for you, an HP screen is brighten the pic. It actually raises black levels slightly. A standard gray screen does the opposite, it dims the picture but increases perceived contrast. If half of your screen was a gray screen and the other half was the Dalite HP with the projector somewhat near eye level the difference in brightness is dramatic. In other words, the Dalite HP white levels would be like an LCD in torch mode sitting next to a plasma on a show room floor in Best Buy. You know, how white levels look dark gray on plasmas in store because they don't have enough brightness to fight the overly bright lights in the store. And unlike plasmas that will look much better and brighter when you get them home the gray screen will not. On the flip side the Dalite HP screen is white and any light will reflect off of it so if the lights are on the black levels will be better on the gray screen as opposed to the Dalite HP.

If you have a projector already I suggest calling Dalite and getting a sample of the screen and also get samples of whatever gray screen you are considering. If you don't have a projector I suggest getting the projector first. Just my 2 cents.
post #4980 of 10005 Old 02-27-2011, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
when is the motherload of rs 40 supposed to land at avs? The wait is starting to be painful.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page