Official JVC RS40/X3 Owners Thread - Page 299 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #8941 of 10041 Old 03-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Member
 
footfault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just want to say thanks for the info. I used the basic 2D settings as my first adjs to the picture - and it looks good to me. I have a 1.1 CineWhite 110" screen, 13', PS3, dark rm. I'm sure I'll play with this some more. I saw something I never noticed before on my Mit HC5500. In Avatar there is a seen where Jake first lands in the woods right before the big cat chases him. Light shines through the thick jungle and hits the ground, his skin.... Never noticed this before. I found myself just looking for the sunlight to shine through the thick jungle, cool.
footfault is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8942 of 10041 Old 03-25-2012, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ron Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Florida and West Virginia, USA
Posts: 6,134
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by ana_moo_ana View Post

I'm glad that this forum revived by the new comers!
I wonder from where a spare bulb can be purchased, I'm looking to have new one with the metal thing as a spare.
BTW, I watched Hugo 3D yesterday & WOW, this is the best 3D so far hands down. I thought it really stretch the 3D capability for this projector. slight ghosting in random shots, specifically in the face boarder, but it's totally skippable.

I suggest you call the AVS Store (877-823-4452) or call directly to Mark at 240-876-2536. Anyone on the sales staff at the AVS Store should be able to help. They should also be able to make certain you are getting the latest version of the bulb (003 series with the metal insert in the exhaust vent).

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
Ron Jones is online now  
post #8943 of 10041 Old 03-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Shagg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 374
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtishd View Post

I bought one the initial JVC RS40's from AVS (Jason) in Dec 2010 and have about 600 hours on the lamp and there is significant dimming. I don't use it as much as other users so that is why it took me a while to get to 600 hours.Do you guys think I am SOL or will AVS or JVC offer a replacement?

JVC has reportedly been replacing them. However, I would call AVS first. They'll probably help you deal with JVC.
Shagg is offline  
post #8944 of 10041 Old 03-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Shagg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 374
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ana_moo_ana View Post

I'm glad that this forum revived by the new comers!
I wonder from where a spare bulb can be purchased, I'm looking to have new one with the metal thing as a spare.
BTW, I watched Hugo 3D yesterday & WOW, this is the best 3D so far hands down. I thought it really stretch the 3D capability for this projector. slight ghosting in random shots, specifically in the face boarder, but it's totally skippable.

AVS sells them. I don't know if you can specifically request one with the "metal thing" though. Wherever you order from, you'll probably just get whatever stock they have.
Shagg is offline  
post #8945 of 10041 Old 03-26-2012, 09:37 AM
Member
 
ScottW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The manual is pretty cryptic about controlling the RS40 via the external infrared sensor input on the back. I'm about to set up a Harmony 1100 for this and everything else in my system and assume I can run a direct line from the Harmony RF extender into the back of the RS40 to control it. Looking for confirmation on that and could someone tell me what kind of cable I should be ordering?

Thanks.
ScottW is offline  
post #8946 of 10041 Old 03-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Senior Member
 
ohotos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtishd View Post

I bought one the initial JVC RS40's from AVS (Jason) in Dec 2010 and have about 600 hours on the lamp and there is significant dimming. I don't use it as much as other users so that is why it took me a while to get to 600 hours.Do you guys think I am SOL or will AVS or JVC offer a replacement?

Mine a well dimmed so much at around 700h that I can't use it anymore. JVC is sending me a new lamp for free.
ohotos is offline  
post #8947 of 10041 Old 03-26-2012, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
curtishd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohotos View Post

Mine a well dimmed so much at around 700h that I can't use it anymore. JVC is sending me a new lamp for free.

Who did you call? Number please!
I called AVS and was told to call JVC and now JVC is giving me the run around.
curtishd is offline  
post #8948 of 10041 Old 03-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Senior Member
 
ohotos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 337
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtishd View Post


Who did you call? Number please!
I called AVS and was told to call JVC and now JVC is giving me the run around.

I contacted them through the email form on their JVC Professional support page. I had called first but they just told me they would get back to me and never did. It took a couple days until they contacted me after sending my email.
ohotos is offline  
post #8949 of 10041 Old 03-26-2012, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Joesyah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 2,175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just got off the phone with JVC. My lamp is getting dimmer now as well. I don't quite have 400 hours on the lamp. They were very kind and without any fuss sending me a new lamp. All you need to do is take pictures of the front and back of the lamp and email it to one of the customer service guys. JVC has won my confidence back with this gesture.
I will use it like I stole it as well. If it goes dim early. I'll be calling them again for a new lamp until the manufacture gets it right.
Joesyah is offline  
post #8950 of 10041 Old 03-26-2012, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,885
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesyah View Post

I just got off the phone with JVC. My lamp is getting dimmer now as well. I don't quite have 400 hours on the lamp. They were very kind and without any fuss sending me a new lamp. All you need to do is take pictures of the front and back of the lamp and email it to one of the customer service guys. JVC has won my confidence back with this gesture.
I will use it like I stole it as well. If it goes dim early. I'll be calling them again for a new lamp until the manufacture gets it right.

please let us know if the replacement has the metal fin we've seen on a few of the new models.

I checked with the JVC field engineer who replaced my RS50 lamp last year and sent him photos of the -003 with and without the metal fin modification. They will not be contacting current owners with an upgraded lamp or additional parts to upgrade a current lamp as someone previously stated in this thread.

He claimed they will continue to evaluate and replaced lamps that have failed with 'very low hours' (I don't know what that # is).

I only use my RS55 for a handful of movies a month, so I probably won't break 100 hours for a while. Hopefully there is good news over time with the modification they did.
zombie10k is online now  
post #8951 of 10041 Old 03-26-2012, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Joesyah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 2,175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

please let us know if the replacement has the metal fin we've seen on a few of the new models.

I checked with the JVC field engineer who replaced my RS50 lamp last year and sent him photos of the -003 with and without the metal fin modification. They will not be contacting current owners with an upgraded lamp or additional parts to upgrade a current lamp as someone previously stated in this thread.

He claimed they will continue to evaluate and replaced lamps that have failed with 'very low hours' (I don't know what that # is).

I only use my RS55 for a handful of movies a month, so I probably won't break 100 hours for a while. Hopefully there is good news over time with the modification they did.

I'll check it out when it arrives and let you guys know. The representative said it should ship out next week. They have a thousand lamps on order. 5 of which are for people with excessively dimming lamps or faulty lamps.
Joesyah is offline  
post #8952 of 10041 Old 03-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Advanced Member
 
EMAGDNIM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Frozen Canada eh!
Posts: 759
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

please let us know if the replacement has the metal fin we've seen on a few of the new models.

I checked with the JVC field engineer who replaced my RS50 lamp last year and sent him photos of the -003 with and without the metal fin modification. They will not be contacting current owners with an upgraded lamp or additional parts to upgrade a current lamp as someone previously stated in this thread.

He claimed they will continue to evaluate and replaced lamps that have failed with 'very low hours' (I don't know what that # is).

I only use my RS55 for a handful of movies a month, so I probably won't break 100 hours for a while. Hopefully there is good news over time with the modification they did.

Here's hoping that it's sorted. That's the only thing preventing me from jumping into the JVC world...
EMAGDNIM is offline  
post #8953 of 10041 Old 03-27-2012, 04:34 AM
Member
 
AaronS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Blue Ridge, Texas
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got back home from a weekend trip and watched a Cinemascope movie for the first time on the new projector and was really pleased with the "big screen" effect.

The colors seemed to be growing on me a bit, but it still didn't look natural by any means. I was able to get a laptop running 32 bit Windows XP so I could utilize my Sencore CP5000 colorimeter. Unfortunately it appears to have suffered from age and it went through a fire in my home years ago. It was in it's metal case, so i was hoping for the best, but it seems to be blind to "red" now.

Regardless, I put up a 100 IRE screen and it was obvious that Green was way too high, so I had to drop the RG a ton to get Blue to track close to green. Red still read way low, but that is apparently an issue with the probe. I measured up and down IRE windows and it now tracks very uniformly for Blue and Green with a pretty consistent low level for Red.

Leaving the adjustment screen, flesh tones are now significantly better and the picture looks much more natural now. I noticed all my "gains" were at 0 when I started. Is this normal, or has this projector been whacked out adjustment wise prior to being shipped out (this is one of the B stock projectors)?

It appears I'll need to rent or buy a new colorimeter to set the grey scale up more accurately, but I can already see great improvement and I'm optimistic that when I get this properly adjusted, it will indeed be the experience I had dreamed of. Sharpness, edge to edge focus, uniformity, convergence... all seem excellent and I couldn't be happier with those aspects of this projector. Now, if I can get the color right... I'm going to be a happy camper!!! (Assuming the bulb issues are soon to be a historical footnote)...

AaronS is offline  
post #8954 of 10041 Old 03-27-2012, 04:37 AM
Member
 
AaronS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Blue Ridge, Texas
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm using a Sony BDP-S550 as a source on this projector. I've read in some of the calibration threads that many Sony Blu-ray players mess up gamma badly. Would this be contributing to my issues?
AaronS is offline  
post #8955 of 10041 Old 03-27-2012, 10:16 AM
Advanced Member
 
kkpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 915
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronS View Post

I got back home from a weekend trip and watched a Cinemascope movie for the first time on the new projector and was really pleased with the "big screen" effect.

The colors seemed to be growing on me a bit, but it still didn't look natural by any means. I was able to get a laptop running 32 bit Windows XP so I could utilize my Sencore CP5000 colorimeter. Unfortunately it appears to have suffered from age and it went through a fire in my home years ago. It was in it's metal case, so i was hoping for the best, but it seems to be blind to "red" now.

Regardless, I put up a 100 IRE screen and it was obvious that Green was way too high, so I had to drop the RG a ton to get Blue to track close to green. Red still read way low, but that is apparently an issue with the probe. I measured up and down IRE windows and it now tracks very uniformly for Blue and Green with a pretty consistent low level for Red.

Leaving the adjustment screen, flesh tones are now significantly better and the picture looks much more natural now. I noticed all my "gains" were at 0 when I started. Is this normal, or has this projector been whacked out adjustment wise prior to being shipped out (this is one of the B stock projectors)?

It appears I'll need to rent or buy a new colorimeter to set the grey scale up more accurately, but I can already see great improvement and I'm optimistic that when I get this properly adjusted, it will indeed be the experience I had dreamed of. Sharpness, edge to edge focus, uniformity, convergence... all seem excellent and I couldn't be happier with those aspects of this projector. Now, if I can get the color right... I'm going to be a happy camper!!! (Assuming the bulb issues are soon to be a historical footnote)...


If red is that low, trying go to a lower "warmer" temperature.
kkpro is offline  
post #8956 of 10041 Old 03-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Shagg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 374
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

please let us know if the replacement has the metal fin we've seen on a few of the new models.

I checked with the JVC field engineer who replaced my RS50 lamp last year and sent him photos of the -003 with and without the metal fin modification. They will not be contacting current owners with an upgraded lamp or additional parts to upgrade a current lamp as someone previously stated in this thread.

He claimed they will continue to evaluate and replaced lamps that have failed with 'very low hours' (I don't know what that # is).

I only use my RS55 for a handful of movies a month, so I probably won't break 100 hours for a while. Hopefully there is good news over time with the modification they did.

Another question that would be interesting to see a response for, if you still have contact with the JVC field engineer...

Assuming the metal fin was added for heat reasons, is there possibly a benefit to running the older style lamps in high altitude mode, which increases the fan output? Could that help as "preventive maintenance" for those of us who still have older lamps, or would it not make any difference?
Shagg is offline  
post #8957 of 10041 Old 03-27-2012, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
pottscb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronS View Post

I got back home from a weekend trip and watched a Cinemascope movie for the first time on the new projector and was really pleased with the "big screen" effect.

The colors seemed to be growing on me a bit, but it still didn't look natural by any means. I was able to get a laptop running 32 bit Windows XP so I could utilize my Sencore CP5000 colorimeter. Unfortunately it appears to have suffered from age and it went through a fire in my home years ago. It was in it's metal case, so i was hoping for the best, but it seems to be blind to "red" now.

Regardless, I put up a 100 IRE screen and it was obvious that Green was way too high, so I had to drop the RG a ton to get Blue to track close to green. Red still read way low, but that is apparently an issue with the probe. I measured up and down IRE windows and it now tracks very uniformly for Blue and Green with a pretty consistent low level for Red. Z

Leaving the adjustment screen, flesh tones are now significantly better and the picture looks much more n now. I noticed all my "gains" were at 0 when I started. Is this normal, or has this projector been whacked out adjustment wise prior to being shipped out (this is one of the B stock projectors)?

It appears I'll need to rent or buy a new colorimeter to set the grey scale up more accurately, but I can already see great improvement and I'm optimistic that when I get this properly adjusted, it will indeed be the experience I had dreamed of. Sharpness, edge to edge focus, uniformity, convergence... all seem excellent and I couldn't be happier with those aspects of this projector. Now, if I can get the color right... I'm going to be a happy camper!!! (Assuming the bulb issues are soon to be a historical footnote)...


Hey Aaron,
You can buy a new DVDO Duo for $799 off the website (less used) and it has a full CMS WITH 2 HDMI outs, NR, gamma, greyscale...they should start packaging these with JVC pjs (plus you can calibrate a second display)...just a thought.
pottscb is offline  
post #8958 of 10041 Old 03-27-2012, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,885
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagg View Post

Another question that would be interesting to see a response for, if you still have contact with the JVC field engineer...

Assuming the metal fin was added for heat reasons, is there possibly a benefit to running the older style lamps in high altitude mode, which increases the fan output? Could that help as "preventive maintenance" for those of us who still have older lamps, or would it not make any difference?

From the tone of the conversation, I don't think they were inclined to be give out any information beyond the 'name, rank and serial #' response that I posted above.

I'm just glad to see something was finally changed, it gives some hope that it could resolve the issue.
zombie10k is online now  
post #8959 of 10041 Old 03-28-2012, 08:25 AM
Member
 
v_1138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Round Rock, Texas
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Like the rest of yall I am glad to see that JVC has added something to the bulbs. My first one died and so far my second bulb that JVC sent me has preformed very well. I have run it on high altitude mode the entire time and have 1250 hrs on it (knock on wood) and it still looks like the day I first put it in. I know its probably just because my eyes are getting used to the less light output than new but to me everything looks great. If I can get another 800 hrs out of this bulb with the same image brightness and quality I will be a happy camper.

V
v_1138 is offline  
post #8960 of 10041 Old 03-28-2012, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
curtishd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
How can I tell the difference from the old lamps vs the new lamps?
curtishd is offline  
post #8961 of 10041 Old 03-29-2012, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Ron Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Florida and West Virginia, USA
Posts: 6,134
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtishd View Post

How can I tell the difference from the old lamps vs the new lamps?

The new ones have a series number printed on the lamp that ends with 003 and there is a metal insert in the lamp housing's exhaust vent that includes a flapper that can freely move back and forth (photos were posted HERE). None of the earlier lamps, including even those of the 003 series, had the metal insert with the flapper.

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
Ron Jones is online now  
post #8962 of 10041 Old 03-29-2012, 10:25 AM
Member
 
footfault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_1138 View Post

Like the rest of yall I am glad to see that JVC has added something to the bulbs. My first one died and so far my second bulb that JVC sent me has preformed very well. I have run it on high altitude mode the entire time and have 1250 hrs on it (knock on wood) and it still looks like the day I first put it in. I know its probably just because my eyes are getting used to the less light output than new but to me everything looks great. If I can get another 800 hrs out of this bulb with the same image brightness and quality I will be a happy camper.

V

After hearing all the negative things about the old lamps this is encouraging. I hope we keep hearing more about good/normal performance from the new lamps.
footfault is offline  
post #8963 of 10041 Old 03-29-2012, 10:33 AM
Member
 
ana_moo_ana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 143
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_1138 View Post

Like the rest of yall I am glad to see that JVC has added something to the bulbs. My first one died and so far my second bulb that JVC sent me has preformed very well. I have run it on high altitude mode the entire time and have 1250 hrs on it (knock on wood) and it still looks like the day I first put it in. I know its probably just because my eyes are getting used to the less light output than new but to me everything looks great. If I can get another 800 hrs out of this bulb with the same image brightness and quality I will be a happy camper.

V

Happy to hear this, are u sing normal or high lamp mode? How is the 3D in terms of dimming and ghosting?
ana_moo_ana is offline  
post #8964 of 10041 Old 03-29-2012, 10:47 AM
Member
 
hoffert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Scott W:
There is an IR sensor in the back, identical to the one in the front. This is for remote control.

The plug is for the IR TRANSMITTER that synchs with the 3D glasses. This is totally different from remote control.
hoffert is offline  
post #8965 of 10041 Old 03-29-2012, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
plissken99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 3,313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I just got a shipping notification on my bulb! Very happy I don't have to wait until April 16th as they originally predicted. Can't wait to see if the new bulb lasts longer, will try high altitude mode as well!

I swear I'm psychically linked with JVC. Shortly after I placed the order, I had a feeling I should call for an update, good thing I did as they had some confusion about my address and were about to cancel it! And just last night I was thinking I should call for an update...

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Snake Plissken

 

plissken99 is offline  
post #8966 of 10041 Old 03-29-2012, 04:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,885
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by plissken99 View Post

I just got a shipping notification on my bulb! Very happy I don't have to wait until April 16th as they originally predicted. Can't wait to see if the new bulb lasts longer, will try high altitude mode as well!

please let us know if the replacement lamp has the metal fin modification. thanks!
zombie10k is online now  
post #8967 of 10041 Old 03-29-2012, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Joesyah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 2,175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Yup I got my shipping notification as well. JVC must have gotten that huge order of lamps in.
Joesyah is offline  
post #8968 of 10041 Old 03-29-2012, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
curtishd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,751
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I got my notification too but I got two actually! One says 2 day Fedex and the other says UPS and both have different order numbers but my same mailing address. Maybe I'll get two or maybe they mailed me a box to mail my original lamp back to them... we will see.
curtishd is offline  
post #8969 of 10041 Old 03-29-2012, 08:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
plissken99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 3,313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

please let us know if the replacement lamp has the metal fin modification. thanks!

Will do.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Snake Plissken

 

plissken99 is offline  
post #8970 of 10041 Old 03-29-2012, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Joesyah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: GA
Posts: 2,175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
It's a good thing I have one on the way. My lamp just exploded with less than 400 hours on it. What's the best way to clean out the glass particles in the chamber where the lamp is inserted?
Joesyah is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off