Sanyo PLV-60HT ghosting - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-06-2011, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My Sanyo PLV-60HT (purchased new in 2002 for around $4500) has been increasingly showing a misalignment/misconvergence/ghosting effect. I was sure it was due to an aging bulb, as the "replace lamp" light had been on for some time, but the picture still did not look dim, so I put off replacing it. I finally bought a new replacement bulb ($88 on Amazon) and installed it, hoping the ghosting would go away now, but it did not.

In fact, when I put in my Video Essentials DVD to try to tweak the user color/tint/sharpenss/contrast settings, the test patterns shown showed extreme amounts of misalignment. I can particularly see a green and red halo on the edge of white parts of the image. A BLU-ray DVD does not look as bad through the bluray player, but the misconvergence makes lines in images that look like a rake went through them.

Is there a setting in the service menu (if you can get into it using the secret method of pushing the right buttons on the remote) that can correct this or will I be forced to find some kind of technician that knows this now-ancient machine to manually fix the LCD panels or whatever the cause is?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-31-2011, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, the service menu can be accessed by holding down the UP button on the remote for about 15-20sec. There's a bajillion little settings in there--and I can't seem to find my list of what they are and what they do. You might have some success finding the actual service menu out on the Interwebs, or perhaps Sanyo will send you one (with the machine clearly being out of warranty)....

brad
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page