Epson 6500 UB -- Pink Bar Problems - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 02-22-2011, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 6500 with 2,333 hours on the lamp. This is my forst projector. Recently, the image has developed a pink hue at the bottom of the screen. This is at the very bottom of the image. It is not a bar, but a pink tone to the image, and it is very noticeable. I have had the projector for almost two years.

First, is anyone else having this issue? And second, is this a lamp or projector issue?

Thank you very much for any help.

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-22-2011, 08:08 AM
Knd

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric E View Post
I have a 6500 with 2,333 hours on the lamp. This is my forst projector. Recently, the image has developed a pink hue at the bottom of the screen. This is at the very bottom of the image. It is not a bar, but a pink tone to the image, and it is very noticeable. I have had the projector for almost two years.

First, is anyone else having this issue? And second, is this a lamp or projector issue?

Thank you very much for any help.

Eric
It sounds like what I had on my first 6500 UB. Mine was still under warranty and I called and they said it had to be replaced, so they sent me a new pj.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-22-2011, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Called Epson today, and I will have a new projector tomorrow or Thursday.
post #4 of 7 Old 02-24-2011, 04:49 AM
Knd

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric E View Post
Called Epson today, and I will have a new projector tomorrow or Thursday.
Congrats. I called in the morning and had the replacement the following afternoon - really great customer service.

Because of their warranty support, when its time to upgrade I'm going to look at their units first.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-21-2012, 08:00 AM

I purchased an Epson 6500 in 2009 and within 12 months started to experience image quality issues. A green and red band started to form on the bottom and top of the image. It progressively got worse so I contacted Epson who sent me a refurbished unit. I have had that unit now for about 18 months and am now experiencing the exact same issue. I once again contacted Epson who acknowledge the problem, but, have washed their hands of it because I am out of the warranty period...and they suggest my only recourse is to take it for servicing.

Epson go on to suggest I acquire an new Epson product in their email response to me. "Please keep in mind that in some cases, the cost of a new product may be a more cost effective solution than servicing."

I thought I had purchased a fairly decent projector from a good manufacturer, but given 'two' projectors have lasted less than a combined 3 years I would be very careful about purchasing Epson. The quality was not there for me and I find their resolution to a problem that is clearly systemic - unacceptable. I am starting to blog about my battle with Epson calling it David and Goliath - An Epson Tale of Broken Dreams. I believe that consumers must be protected from situations like this where the manufacturer clearly has a quality issue.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-06-2012, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover View Post

I purchased an Epson 6500 in 2009 and within 12 months started to experience image quality issues. A green and red band started to form on the bottom and top of the image. It progressively got worse so I contacted Epson who sent me a refurbished unit. I have had that unit now for about 18 months and am now experiencing the exact same issue. I once again contacted Epson who acknowledge the problem, but, have washed their hands of it because I am out of the warranty period...and they suggest my only recourse is to take it for servicing.

Epson go on to suggest I acquire an new Epson product in their email response to me. "Please keep in mind that in some cases, the cost of a new product may be a more cost effective solution than servicing."

I thought I had purchased a fairly decent projector from a good manufacturer, but given 'two' projectors have lasted less than a combined 3 years I would be very careful about purchasing Epson. The quality was not there for me and I find their resolution to a problem that is clearly systemic - unacceptable. I am starting to blog about my battle with Epson calling it David and Goliath - An Epson Tale of Broken Dreams. I believe that consumers must be protected from situations like this where the manufacturer clearly has a quality issue.

Is this a fixable solution. I have the stupid pink shade for over a year now and warranty has run out:eek: is this a board issue or lamp? I have an epson 6500UB with about 1300 hours.
post #7 of 7 Old 12-12-2012, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Another discussion said this problem is in the "optical engine". That is another name, more or less, for "the whole unit other than the video parts and power supply". Not a very helpful description. They should be able to supply parts down to a smaller level, such as the individual LCD panels and various prisms, lenses, and so on, but apparently they don't.

Chris

"It's [expletive] lame to watch Jaws, a film that uses the 2.40 ratio as well as any ever produced, in the wrong format on HBO." -Steven Soderbergh, Oscar-winning director

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page