Short user review of the Optoma HD83 (HD8300):
Got my Optoma HD83 today, including emitter and 4 pairs of RF glasses.
Mounting is tricky, even with the sort of lens shift and zoom offered by the HD83. Take care of the manual and see if you can mount it.
Some first impressions:
- Brightness in Cinema and Reference Mode is good in my opinion
- Colors of the reference mode is ok, but needs to be finetuned which should be easy thx to the complete cms
- FI is very very good, smooth image with no blurring / artefacts
- It's not that sharp first. You need to activate some of the Pure Features (don't remember how they're named). With that feature enabled it's crisp and sharp
- black levels are ok but nothing impressive. don't turn on the dynamic iris, it is visible. pumping as hell.
- With FI enabled superb 3D image. Stunning! Sharp, good colors, NO crosstalk (tried the whole Legends Of The Flights, which showed a lot ghosting on my JVC RS40)
- 3D could be a bit brighter but seems more than ok
- glasses are the monster vision ones. nice glasses. fits well.
- good black levels and much details
- 3D depth seems greater than I remember it on my JVC
I bought the HD83 strictly for 3D content as I will get an JVC RS45 for 2D content later this week.
3D alone is worth the buy of this projector. So smooth, artefact- and ghosting free 3D picture. I cannot believe how I lived with the 3D of the JVC. There is no going back in terms of 3D.
Pictures and more impressions later. I am busy with watching this stunning 3D presentation.