Optoma HD8300/HD33/HD3300 1080p 3D Projectors announced - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 196 Old 10-27-2011, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 126
both the projectors I've owned have been LCD, but whenever I see screen shots the DLP ones seem to look REALLY good to my eyes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 196 Old 10-27-2011, 04:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post

both the projectors I've owned have been LCD, but whenever I see screen shots the DLP ones seem to look REALLY good to my eyes.

They do look good don't they! If you've not demoed a good one you should! Those pics having me missing my projector! Oh the agony!!
post #183 of 196 Old 11-28-2011, 01:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 65
post #184 of 196 Old 11-28-2011, 02:55 AM

Liked: 10
I will get the Optoma HD83 this week -strictly for 3D viewing. Will post my impressions next weekend.
post #185 of 196 Old 11-28-2011, 04:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraine View Post

My new review is online :

http://www.audiovideohd.fr/tests/307-Optoma-HD83-0.html

automatic translation :

http://translate.google.fr/translate...ma-HD83-0.html

Could you sum up the sharpness, black level, contrast vs. the HD87? I have impression that you find the Hd83 unsharp(?)
post #186 of 196 Old 11-29-2011, 04:03 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
hello
sorry but i dont agree with test from krains site , i saw side by side optoma hd83 and mitsubishi hc4000 and in a therm of sharpness was a wery small advantage for mitsubishi, contrast was definetly better on optoma so details in dark scenes.Purhaps your unit was damaged ?
post #187 of 196 Old 11-29-2011, 11:11 PM

Hi Tskalecki

Are you able to confirm the questions around the vertical positioning for me?

Hopefully this a HD83 will be my first projector (so i don't know a great deal about them!)

Lets assume I want to have it ceiling mounted, and have my screen start from ceiling height. Or in other words, have the lens placed between the top and bottom of screen.

Reading the manual, which says by using the lens shift wheels underneath the projector, this is a no go, and I'd have to move my screen further down the wall.

However, in the menus on the projector, there is also vertical positioning in the software.

This is where I get confused!

By using a combination of the wheels and the software can I achieve what I want to do?

Thank you
post #188 of 196 Old 11-30-2011, 03:44 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi
sorry but you cant put optoma between top and botton of screen from my obserwation it must be minimum 10 cm above the top of the screen ewen when you use software and lens shift
good luck
post #189 of 196 Old 11-30-2011, 04:58 AM

Thank you for the reply

With a 140" screen and the low profile optoma mount I think the finished screen height works out at 248mm from the ceiling and 450mm off the floor. Do you think thats too low? I'll only have one row of seating somewhere between 4-6 metres back.
post #190 of 196 Old 11-30-2011, 05:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
quick question - is there any way to get the serial number of a unit without taking it down from the mount? the SN was not in any of my receipt documentation from AVS and was hoping it might be embedded somewhere in the manuals/box so that I won't have to take my projector down off of the nightmarishly hard to adjust Chief mount.

I need to register my warranty online with Optoma because at the very least I neeed a firmware upgrade, I am experiencing lockups on my 3300 every couple of days where the only remedy is unplugging the unit.
post #191 of 196 Old 11-30-2011, 10:05 AM

Short user review of the Optoma HD83 (HD8300):

Got my Optoma HD83 today, including emitter and 4 pairs of RF glasses.
Mounting is tricky, even with the sort of lens shift and zoom offered by the HD83. Take care of the manual and see if you can mount it.

Some first impressions:

2D:
- Brightness in Cinema and Reference Mode is good in my opinion
- Colors of the reference mode is ok, but needs to be finetuned which should be easy thx to the complete cms
- FI is very very good, smooth image with no blurring / artefacts
- It's not that sharp first. You need to activate some of the Pure Features (don't remember how they're named). With that feature enabled it's crisp and sharp
- black levels are ok but nothing impressive. don't turn on the dynamic iris, it is visible. pumping as hell.

3D:
- AMAZING!
- With FI enabled superb 3D image. Stunning! Sharp, good colors, NO crosstalk (tried the whole Legends Of The Flights, which showed a lot ghosting on my JVC RS40)
- 3D could be a bit brighter but seems more than ok
- glasses are the monster vision ones. nice glasses. fits well.
- good black levels and much details
- 3D depth seems greater than I remember it on my JVC

I bought the HD83 strictly for 3D content as I will get an JVC RS45 for 2D content later this week.
3D alone is worth the buy of this projector. So smooth, artefact- and ghosting free 3D picture. I cannot believe how I lived with the 3D of the JVC. There is no going back in terms of 3D.

Pictures and more impressions later. I am busy with watching this stunning 3D presentation.
post #192 of 196 Old 12-01-2011, 08:25 AM

So new to the forums here, just had a few ? was hoping someone who owns the hd33 could help me out. Previously I owned the hd20 loved it thought it was a great pj, also my first. Then I seen that they had 3d pj so I bought the epson 3010 cause it had the two glasses already. One the 2d is pretty good blacks I are more black, but I dont really like it. For instance was playing skyrim on the hd20 didn't need ot even use torches throught the game now that im playing on the epson i have to use them cause I can't see crap.... the blacks are to black for me almost making the image look dark. Secondly as far as 3d goes.... I see what I believe is crosstalk or ghosting like two images, and alot of flickering especially in killzone on ps3 to the point I can't really enjoy the 3d, its like everything has a flickering shining edges to it. I watched captin america again not that bad but i can still see it and even if you don't notice it, its still there and causes strain on my eyes. So no one sees double images even if trying to look for it on the hd33, is there that flickering shiny stuff on the images (killzone 3). I did play assassins creed/batman and uncharted (wow great 3d) and it wasn't that bad to the point where I didn't notice it in those games. Also downloaded 3d movies of the net avatar and harry potter def noticed it on those I would see 3 images of one person, on slightly to the right and to the left of the real image. The epson pj isn't bad. So I have the hd33 ordered from amazon, but was wondering if anyone can go into detail with the 3d of this pj... mostly if it doesn't have the double image stuff does it have shiny flickering components at the edges of people/enviroments. If it does I might just cancel that order and keep the epson? Thanks.
post #193 of 196 Old 12-01-2011, 08:35 AM

Also do you have to have hdmi 1.4 in order for this too work, the guy at best buy told me I need one for the epson 3010 , and no you don't I used crappy 1.3 cables from mono price at about 95 percent of the cost of the hdmi cord I bought from best buy and those worked fine.
post #194 of 196 Old 12-20-2011, 04:24 AM

To HD8300 owners.

I have the HD83, really great 3D, really!

But I would appreciate some feedback on some issue I found on the HD83 and the 3D RF glasses compared to the DLP link glasses.

Tried with 4 glasses 2 3D-RF and 2 DLP link.

The post is here http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post21373060

Please have a look and if possible test yourself,
Thanks
post #195 of 196 Old 12-20-2011, 05:10 PM
ETK

Some people found that the bottom half side of the RF glasses is slower to shut off than the upper side.( In Taiwan's Forum) If you see through the upper side , the ghost will be reduced.
post #196 of 196 Old 12-28-2011, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjren View Post

To HD8300 owners.

I have the HD83, really great 3D, really!

But I would appreciate some feedback on some issue I found on the HD83 and the 3D RF glasses compared to the DLP link glasses.

Tried with 4 glasses 2 3D-RF and 2 DLP link.

The post is here http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post21373060

Please have a look and if possible test yourself,
Thanks

Update: solved!
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post21406709

Really great ghosting free 3D, animation is brilliant!
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page