Panasonic PTAE7000/ AT5000 - Page 47 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Does the 7000 allow for any convergence correction? From what I can see the answer is no, but that seems to be a common feature at this price point. If no, what do you do if one of the panels drifts by a pixel (or more) - just have to live with it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2012, 04:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Iam looking to get one of these and want to use a scope screen at 105.5 inches wide.
The projector lens will be 11.5 feet away but i am unsure if this will work from that distance using the zoom mode.
Anyone now for sure or do i need to go smaller.
Many Thanks
Old 10-26-2012, 03:39 AM

Liked: 10
Hello,

Im not happy with the sharpness of the picutre on my AE7000. For movies it works very well, but when I use it as a screen for my computer, im not happy with it. I had a Sanyo PLV-Z2 and found it sharper for computer text. True the AE7000 should have this soft focus thing to make space between pixles disapera but still. Seems one of the panels is 1 pixel off (at least) and some ghosting light above bright areas caused by the lens shift (and possiblt bad assembled lens system).

Im using the lens shift almost to around 80%, and the sahrpest I can get is as per attached photo. Is this good enough, or resaon to demand repair?

I also have this high ptich sound people talk about and find it quite loud. Its as lound as the fan. Should/can this be repaired? I understood that some projectors had en extra lound high pitch sound because of problem that could be repaired.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:50 AM

I have just bought a PT-AT5000 and it is a big improvement on my old Sony. However I have a problem. My picture keeps cutting out especially when first turned on. It seems especially bad on cartoons, possibly because the majority of the picture stays the same. It is also preceded sometimes by left to right bleeding. It also seems to be sensitive to temperature. When the house is hot the picture cuts out more often. I put the projector in Eco mode which was better than normal mode. I have also put it in high ceiling mode which increases the fan speed and helps. The projector is suspended from the ceiling at 2.55 mtrs (below the 2.7 mtrs max). This to me all indicates a thermal cut out problem although I am not sure about the bleed proble ( but this only really happens on cartoons). Anybody any ideas? There seems to be a mention of a service menus to adjust the fan speed, can anybody advise how to access this.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aronake View Post

Hello,

Im not happy with the sharpness of the picutre on my AE7000. For movies it works very well, but when I use it as a screen for my computer, im not happy with it. I had a Sanyo PLV-Z2 and found it sharper for computer text. True the AE7000 should have this soft focus thing to make space between pixles disapera but still. Seems one of the panels is 1 pixel off (at least) and some ghosting light above bright areas caused by the lens shift (and possiblt bad assembled lens system).

Im using the lens shift almost to around 80%, and the sahrpest I can get is as per attached photo. Is this good enough, or resaon to demand repair?

I also have this high ptich sound people talk about and find it quite loud. Its as lound as the fan. Should/can this be repaired? I understood that some projectors had en extra lound high pitch sound because of problem that could be repaired.

i have exactly the same issue, can this be repaired?
Old 01-30-2013, 08:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Cole View Post

No. I have the issue as well. I think everybody does.

Chet
Old 01-31-2013, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Cole View Post

I no longer have the AE7000 as i moved up to the 8000 but my focus was actually much better than that. If that is the sharpest you can get yours I would try to RMA it. I'm no expert though, but my convergence was better than this.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:19 AM

do not buy the IR extender ET-TRM110, it is pure scam.
you will pay 200$ for absolutely nothing else than a piece of plastic and 5 led soldered on a little print + a minijack socket (total value, probably less than 10 buck)

ok i update this post with the technical info.

the five leds are 850 nm as specified in the ET-TRM110 manual. Leds are connected in series
the projector plug delivers 100mA (specified in projector manual) , so if you build your own emmitter make sure you do not go over 100ma, most led being between 20 and 50mA
if the connector drives the leds at 12V, you can expect that each led must have a forward voltage of 12/5= 2.4V, most common led are usually 1.4-1.6V, some are 1.6-2.0V,
so we can say if you take any cheap led on ebay there are chance they do not fit. Make sure the forward voltage is 2.3 or 2.4 V or use a resistor to lower voltage.
The Osram SFH4350 is rated 1.5-2.4V and 100mA with an angle of 26 degree (do not take the the 4550, the angle is 6 degree only ) so it is a perfect match, but you will not be able to fill the missing led with it, because you would then reach 200ma.
that could possibly burn the output port on the projector.
If you need more power It is better in that case to build a second emitter with 5 more leds and use the 2nd output port on the projector.
you can find the leds here http://www.led-eshop.de
If you make your own, there is no need to have a plug at the emitter side, just solder the cable directly to the circuit.
Use a cheap shielded cable (audio grade)

You should be able to buiild an emitter for less than 20$
Old 02-25-2013, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 429
LOL! It's not just a regular IR extender, it runs on a different frequency (different than the 2 main IR frequencies used by all manufacturers). Just try make it yourself and see whether it's going to work. biggrin.gif

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED, QAV, AUVI & DownUnder Audio Magazine

my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre

Old 02-25-2013, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

If I have to spend more than two hours sourcing and building the thing, it's not even worth my time doing it myself. It'll be cheaper for me just to buy the thing.

my home theatre

Old 03-21-2014, 03:57 PM

I have had mine for a few years now using it with my 21:9 screen and i3 HTPC with HD4000 graphics. Its working great.
But for getting it to fill the screen i have to make the image larger and then have xbmc to calibrate the screen to fit. Its fine for most movies but especially for 3D, but also others it will not move the subtitles up in the picture and remains under the picture. Is there anything i can do about that? Like make everything fit in the 21:9 picture by changing the resolution on windows? I tried but i cant seem to get windows to do that.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:44 AM

Is there any other 3d glasses you can use with this that are better than the panasonic ones supplied?
Old 04-06-2014, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

I tried several different brands, they are all worse and not far cheaper either.

my home theatre

Old 04-11-2014, 10:29 AM

Cheers for the reply Dave. Maybe ive been spoilt with just getting a sony 905 ive not really been using the projector that much recently for 3d. I popped in the latest hobbit film though and im so disappointed with the 3d I actually think there might be a problem with the projector. The glasses are so dark I had hoped a new lighter pair might have popped up to give them a try. But crosstalk is a major problem with my 7000 just now and I cant remember it being that bad!
The picture looks blurry with crosstalk im checking to see if the glasses are on sometimes its that bad. Even with avatar it can be pretty distracting and I would say avatar is one of the best crosstalk less disks out there. Any suggestions? ???
Old 04-11-2014, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

How many hours should be on a bulb before it's replaced? My bulb has about 770 hours on it and I think it might be getting too dark for 3D. But, I don't know if it's actually getting dimmer or if it's just my imagination. Desolation of Smaug is already a dark movie. So, it could just be the movie.

And, of course, I know that everybody's experience will be different based on brighness settings, eco settings, etc. I'm just looking for a ball park number. If 2,000 hours is the norm, then that's one thing, but if 500 - 800 is the norm, that's another.

Thanks!

Chet
Old 04-11-2014, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Duke View Post

Cheers for the reply Dave. Maybe ive been spoilt with just getting a sony 905 ive not really been using the projector that much recently for 3d. I popped in the latest hobbit film though and im so disappointed with the 3d I actually think there might be a problem with the projector. The glasses are so dark I had hoped a new lighter pair might have popped up to give them a try. But crosstalk is a major problem with my 7000 just now and I cant remember it being that bad!
The picture looks blurry with crosstalk im checking to see if the glasses are on sometimes its that bad. Even with avatar it can be pretty distracting and I would say avatar is one of the best crosstalk less disks out there. Any suggestions? ???

EL Duke, I have the EXACT same problem. The crosstalk with this project is soooo bad that I am thinking of going with another brand. I bought this projector for it's 3D capabilities. BIG mistake. Since Panasonic is now out of the plasma business, I think I'm done with Panasonic. Even after I just won a WT600. I have 3 Panasonic displays:

PT-AE7000U - Too much crosstalk
65" VT30 - Won't update the Viera Market, so there's a really old version of Netflix on it
65" WT600 - No HEVC Codec Support (which is gonna be the codec used for most 4K content) - No Netflix 4K

It's always something.

Chet