Official Sony VPL-HW30(A)ES Owners Thread - Page 110 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #3271 of 3273 Old 07-20-2014, 08:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am trying to get my projector to turn on and off via the HDMI connection to my STR-DA5700ES receiver.

I have tried to enable all of the features as outlined in the manuals, HDMI Control on the projector and receiver enabled, enabling the HDMI auto power on feature on the projector. I also have the standby power set to standard on the projector as outlined in the manual.

When I enable the HDMI control on the projector I can see the receiver in the HDMI device list along with the connected sony BR player.

Turning the power on at the receiver has no effect on the projector.

If everything is turned off and I press the power button on the BR player the receiver turns on but not the projector.

Ideas????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3272 of 3273 Old 07-20-2014, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by stereomax View Post
I am trying to get my projector to turn on and off via the HDMI connection to my STR-DA5700ES receiver.

I have tried to enable all of the features as outlined in the manuals, HDMI Control on the projector and receiver enabled, enabling the HDMI auto power on feature on the projector. I also have the standby power set to standard on the projector as outlined in the manual.

When I enable the HDMI control on the projector I can see the receiver in the HDMI device list along with the connected sony BR player.

Turning the power on at the receiver has no effect on the projector.

If everything is turned off and I press the power button on the BR player the receiver turns on but not the projector.

Ideas????
HDMI isn't good.

Last time I struggled with it I understood you can make other components turn on the projector but must use the projector to turn off the other components.

It's just not good really... you need a better plan.

For my own use I use Roomie Remote and everything I have is controlled via the network. (I have an RS232 to Wifi adapter on the projector to give it the network control ability.)
post #3273 of 3273 Old 07-21-2014, 11:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton View Post
HDMI isn't good.

Last time I struggled with it I understood you can make other components turn on the projector but must use the projector to turn off the other components.

It's just not good really... you need a better plan.

For my own use I use Roomie Remote and everything I have is controlled via the network. (I have an RS232 to Wifi adapter on the projector to give it the network control ability.)
Thanks....

I just spoke with Sony ES customer support.. They could not explain why but claimed that the operation was correct. You can turn the projector on but not off.. I am already using roomie so I will just get a serial to wifi adapter.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page