Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #3301 of 3309 Old 09-08-2014, 03:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Sorry I didn't suggest that, because I knew that. Without the transmitter attached it doesn't know it's a 3D pj.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3302 of 3309 Old 09-08-2014, 05:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I would assume same goes for my JVC RS45, also requiring a transmitter.
post #3303 of 3309 Old 09-09-2014, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
We still have a few b stock HW30's left at a great price - it is a great projector for the money !
Craig - this is/was so tempting, my VW60 is long in the tooth, and I am holding out for 4k PJ under $5k barrier....however in the end (this morning) I ordered a replacement bulb that should hold me over for 2 years, 2016 (1400 hrs/2 years is my avg)...

I do recommend this to others looking for a 1080PJ , what a bargain, $1.7k
http://shop.avscience.com/B-Stock-Closeouts_c_31.html

btw, MSRP was $2,999.99 never over $3k so how did this PJ end up in the over $3k not under $3k forum from the get go?
http://store.sony.com/es-home-theate...ter-Projectors

Mike R,P.E. clickable DIY hot links:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3304 of 3309 Old 09-09-2014, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post
Craig - this is/was so tempting, my VW60 is long in the tooth, and I am holding out for 4k PJ under $5k barrier....however in the end (this morning) I ordered a replacement bulb that should hold me over for 2 years, 2016 (1400 hrs/2 years is my avg)...

I do recommend this to others looking for a 1080PJ , what a bargain, $1.7k
http://shop.avscience.com/B-Stock-Closeouts_c_31.html

btw, MSRP was $2,999.99 never over $3k so how did this PJ end up in the over $3k not under $3k forum from the get go?
http://store.sony.com/es-home-theate...ter-Projectors
I replaced my VW60 with the AVS B Stock HW30ES.

Best change ever!,...I was frustrated with the light output of the VW60. New (original Philips bulbs) were 1/4 the brightness of the new bulb in a HW30. And my VW60 bulbs at 900 hours had a light output that I couldn't live with.
post #3305 of 3309 Old 09-13-2014, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Ok so I got the lens cap filter and it works perfectly.....by the way does anyone here use the volfoni smartcrystal on their 30es my wife ordered me one that says for the sxrd 30es-90es has anyone used this yet?
post #3306 of 3309 Old 09-15-2014, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Finally got my 92" 16:9 Carada criterion brilliant white screen in this weekend, mounted, and fired up the b-stock HW30ES I purchased from AV Science. Did some basic alignment and image positioning, but definitely need to go back and double check everything.

In my *very* limiting viewing, I'm impressed for the price, but have only had the time to connect my Apple TV and stream some Netflix for a quick test. Can't wait to see blu-ray through this unit.

Was wondering where I might be able to find some suggested settings and calibration for this projector??

I'm throwing onto the 92" screen from only 10.5 feet -- so brightness is not an issue.

Would appreciate any help and suggestions as I work to get this dialed in...

Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.
--Sergei Rachmaninov

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
--Hector Berlioz
post #3307 of 3309 Old 09-15-2014, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Do you want to hire an ISF tech or buy calibration tools or just get suggested settings?...

If you just want suggested settings there are some in the first post of this thread.
post #3308 of 3309 Old 09-15-2014, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton View Post
Do you want to hire an ISF tech or buy calibration tools or just get suggested settings?...

If you just want suggested settings there are some in the first post of this thread.
Brian -- probably would have been prudent for me to look there. Thank you for pointing that out.

And no, I don't have a desire to have an ISF calibration. Think I will wait until I get my DVDO Air 3 hooked up and see how things look with blu-ray content with these settings.

I literally only had the projector for about 10 minutes this weekend once I got the screen up to throw a pattern and quickly align things, and then grabbed my apple tv to see what some content looked like.

So I will start here and see how things look...

Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.
--Sergei Rachmaninov

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
--Hector Berlioz
post #3309 of 3309 Old 09-15-2014, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

The defaults of this projector are great.

It's also easy to dial in if you get into that sort of thing. Like if you want to do basic settings ... though I think that will just lead you back to defaults usually.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page