Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

post #3331 of 3335 Old 01-17-2015, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
3D not working?

So I am sitting down to watch my FIRST 3D movie. Yes it has taken me a while.

I plugged in the emitter to a LAN cable and into the projector. THEN turned on the projector. Put the 3D Bluray into my 3D compatible Sony Bluray player and I get…

"This Blu-ray Disc requires a 3D player connected to a 3D display. Your Blu-ray 3D player has not detected that it is connected to a 3D display…"

I try pressing the 3D button on the projector remote too, but no dice. Just says "not compatible"

I have read the manual, searched the forums, but cannot find anything to help me.

Thanks in advance to any advice you can share.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3332 of 3335 Old 01-17-2015, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by crhocker View Post

I plugged in the emitter to a LAN cable and into the projector. THEN turned on the projector. Put the 3D Bluray into my 3D compatible Sony Bluray player and I get…

"This Blu-ray Disc requires a 3D player connected to a 3D display. Your Blu-ray 3D player has not detected that it is connected to a 3D display…"

I try pressing the 3D button on the projector remote too, but no dice. Just says "not compatible"

I have read the manual, searched the forums, but cannot find anything to help me.

Sometimes handshake issues develop if things aren't turned on in the right sequence. I usually need to turn my HW30 on first then the receiver and lastly the 3D Player. Try turning everything off and back on again.
pacman9270 likes this.
post #3333 of 3335 Old 01-17-2015, 08:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHNEEDOO View Post
Sometimes handshake issues develop if things aren't turned on in the right sequence. I usually need to turn my HW30 on first then the receiver and lastly the 3D Player. Try turning everything off and back on again.
Good suggestion.

Also, are you certain your receiver supports 3D? That can be a killer right there.
pacman9270 likes this.
post #3334 of 3335 Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by crhocker View Post

What Blu Ray player are you using?

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
post #3335 of 3335 Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the help everyone. It must have been a handshake issue. I followed the suggestion of Projector, then receiver then bluray. It worked the first try. Much appreciated.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP