Forum Jump: 

post #9001 of 10124 Old 03-13-2014, 02:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 89
No worries. smile.gif

Search or copy and paste-> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com <-to check out my latest Reviews.

Check out these new Lighted Cup Holders:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1402680301175
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9002 of 10124 Old 03-13-2014, 02:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 295
All the electronic serial numbers will be the same 999999 or whatever the right number of nines is. not a mistake. That's what's imbedded in the new board and it can not be altered. One will still have the old serial number on a plate on the side opposite the input board to identify there machines should they be stolen and to let Sony track sales dates fir warranty purposes.

Also the techs have been instructed to confiscate the boards they replace. Customers are not allowed to keep them even though some were evidentially kept by very early upgraders. This is all from the horse's mouth. not questionable. Its the way it is.

As the song says, Two Out of Three Aren't Bad.Tthe two customer upgrades at my house went perfectly. Then we did mine. upon partial download the machine went bad. 16 error flashes showing a problem with the scaling chip on the new board. Machine would not start up. Lens door wouldn't open. A quick call to the one projector engineer in the USA not riffed and he instructed my tech to return the new board to him and my software files. A few other instances of this have occurred. It just so happens that the board intended for my machine arrived at the techs house in NJ today. The board for the install today was a loaner board that I was to repay with the board ordered for me. Soos. the tech took my machine with him and will install the board he received at home while on the road today on Friday. I offered to meet him halfway perhaps on Monday. we would each drive about 70 miles for the exchange. That was my offer. Soos that's what I am going to do. No projector for basketball games this weekend (conference tourneys) but I will be set for the first round of the NCAA tourney. All and all things went as good as can be expected. Honey. I love you and I am not going to watch any games in my HT this weekend so we can be together. Next wek I will be watching games 24/7, Thursday through sunday and its only fair that I give up the conference tourney games this weekend. Fecal happens and its really no one's fault. Certainly not the tech who is laid off the end of the month.

Almost all who aren't making money for sony are gone. Customer engineering services. Gone. Training people. Gone. The guy who did the upgrade training. Gone. Its bad. The Sony layoffs are massive. Sales guys are safe. They make money for Sony. Their tech support however, gone. Of course it really isn't any better with the other main HT projector company. At least the two ES Intergrator support people are safe and one projector engineer who is quite good.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
call me at: 240 876 2536
post #9003 of 10124 Old 03-13-2014, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Nice job joerod on the $300 voucher deal with Sony...
post #9004 of 10124 Old 03-13-2014, 02:43 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post

Nice job joerod on the $300 voucher deal with Sony...

No problem. Glad to do it for all of us. smile.gif

Search or copy and paste-> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com <-to check out my latest Reviews.

post #9005 of 10124 Old 03-13-2014, 02:46 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

All the electronic serial numbers will be the same 999999 or whatever the right number of nines is. not a mistake. That's what's imbedded in the new board and it can not be altered. One will still have the old serial number on a plate on the side opposite the input board to identify there machines should they be stolen and to let Sony track sales dates fir warranty purposes.

Also the techs have been instructed to confiscate the boards they replace. Customers are not allowed to keep them even though some were evidentially kept by very early upgraders. This is all from the horse's mouth. not questionable. Its the way it is.

As the song says, Two Out of Three Aren't Bad.Tthe two customer upgrades at my house went perfectly. Then we did mine. upon partial download the machine went bad. 16 error flashes showing a problem with the scaling chip on the new board. Machine would not start up. Lens door wouldn't open. A quick call to the one projector engineer in the USA not riffed and he instructed my tech to return the new board to him and my software files. A few other instances of this have occurred. It just so happens that the board intended for my machine arrived at the techs house in NJ today. The board for the install today was a loaner board that I was to repay with the board ordered for me. Soos. the tech took my machine with him and will install the board he received at home while on the road today on Friday. I offered to meet him halfway perhaps on Monday. we would each drive about 70 miles for the exchange. That was my offer. Soos that's what I am going to do. No projector for basketball games this weekend (conference tourneys) but I will be set for the first round of the NCAA tourney. All and all things went as good as can be expected. Honey. I love you and I am not going to watch any games in my HT this weekend so we can be together. Next wek I will be watching games 24/7, Thursday through sunday and its only fair that I give up the conference tourney games this weekend. Fecal happens and its really no one's fault. Certainly not the tech who is laid off the end of the month.

Almost all who aren't making money for sony are gone. Customer engineering services. Gone. Training people. Gone. The guy who did the upgrade training. Gone. Its bad. The Sony layoffs are massive. Sales guys are safe. They make money for Sony. Their tech support however, gone. Of course it really isn't any better with the other main HT projector company. At least the two ES Intergrator support people are safe and one projector engineer who is quite good.

It will come on after about 8 or 9 attempts (after unplugging). So reinstalling the software won't fix this issue? It is a hardware (board) issue? I know of someone else this happened to. We are attempting to reinstall the software tomorrow evening. If they think it is the board then maybe we shouldn't attempt it?

post #9006 of 10124 Old 03-13-2014, 03:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

It can't hurt to try it before going for a new board. We didn't because of timing and the instructions to go the new board route from the sony engineer plus a board was immediately available at my tech's abode.

This is truly a fun sport.

Then it may be like the guy who continually bangs his head against a brick wall. Upon asking him why he bangs his head against the wall, he smiles and says because it feels so good when you stop.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #9007 of 10124 Old 03-13-2014, 03:26 PM
AVS Club Gold

Guess it won't hurt to try to reload the software. It is a fun sport. smile.gif

post #9008 of 10124 Old 03-13-2014, 03:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

Also the techs have been instructed to confiscate the boards they replace. Customers are not allowed to keep them even though some were evidentially kept by very early upgraders. This is all from the horse's mouth. not questionable. Its the way it is. ....

My tech left the old board. Not sure what I'm going to do with it.
post #9009 of 10124 Old 03-13-2014, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill View Post

My tech left the old board. Not sure what I'm going to do with it.

Top of the tree during the Christmas holidays...
post #9010 of 10124 Old 03-13-2014, 05:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

You guys should mount and frame them with a plague: The sensory elements and brain of my beloved 1000ES now through the miracles of modern science replaced with new sensory elements and brain to make it a 1100ES. I am sure the prose could be improved.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #9011 of 10124 Old 03-13-2014, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 139
You could melt it down for the $0.50 worth of copper it has. tongue.gif

---------------------------------------

Look What AVS Made Me Do!
post #9012 of 10124 Old 03-13-2014, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Had a strange problem today with my vw1000. The projector refused to lock on to a signal. Kept getting a flashing green screen. Tried connecting the projector directly to my receiver, and through my lumagen. Tried turning the projector off and on. Tried turning the receiver on and off. Tried unplugging and replugging in the lumagen, all to no avail. Finally tried unpluging the projector and plugging it back in, then everything worked fine.

Anyone else experience this?

Alex
post #9013 of 10124 Old 03-13-2014, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Had similar happen on 2 occasions with my 1100. Weird green almost artifacty type effect. Same story, both times unplug and reboot, prob gone.

post #9014 of 10124 Old 03-13-2014, 08:28 PM

Liked: 10
Same for me(sometimes it alternates between green and yellow flashing screen). It happens about once a month. I assumed it was an HDMI handshake problem between my Classe and the Sony. I unplugged/rebooted the Classe to solve it. Whatever works I guess...

Bob Meixner
post #9015 of 10124 Old 03-13-2014, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermosa View Post

Steve

Thanks for the report. I was waiting for someone else to get upgraded to see if the serial number was correct or an error on the part of the tech. Mine now says the same as yours.

I am happy with my upgrade. Many of the 4K movies offered by Sony are converted from filmstock and sometimes good, many times not. But I am looking forward to the future when we get 4K movies shot with a 4K camera and mastered in 4K. The Sony film clips show that they could be pristine.

The only issue I seem to have is that my saved picture settings don't seem to stay exact. As I mentioned before, I have to adjust my picture position up an inch each time. It really isn't a big deal as the adjustment takes just a second. I am curious though whether you will experience the same.

Thanks again Sony. In the past, the only way to get current tech advances was to buy a new piece of equipment.

I think I'm also now experiencing this issue. I switched to 2.31:1 position and back last night and it was up about 1/2" or so. I'll have to monitor this behavior to confirm that it's happening regularly. I haven't watched anything today, so not much to go on just yet. This never happened before the upgrade.

It is a big deal for me because I watch almost everything via my HTPC now and switch between 1.78:1 desktop and 2.35:1 movies often. This will be a PITA if the saved setting is always off. It sounds like it something that's appeared since the upgrade, so it'll probably hit everyone and Sony will need to address the issue. It's not something I can live with because I have a scoped screen and use the saved position settings all the time. And my A-lens is in the AVS classifieds right now. I don't want to go back to using one on 4K.

Hopefully, it can be fixed with a firmware update that we can do via serial connection and software and instructions that they provide. There's no way they can expect us all to ship these things back to Laredo.

One step forward and two back? eek.gif

...Steve
"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

My 3D-BD/BD/HD-DVD/DVD collection and HT gear

post #9016 of 10124 Old 03-13-2014, 09:03 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by work permit View Post

Had a strange problem today with my vw1000. The projector refused to lock on to a signal. Kept getting a flashing green screen. Tried connecting the projector directly to my receiver, and through my lumagen. Tried turning the projector off and on. Tried turning the receiver on and off. Tried unplugging and replugging in the lumagen, all to no avail. Finally tried unpluging the projector and plugging it back in, then everything worked fine.

Anyone else experience this?

I had a similar problem yesterday. I had to unplug the power from my projector, AVR, blu ray players, etc. - waited 5 minutes and re-connected everything. Solved.
post #9017 of 10124 Old 03-13-2014, 09:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

In 2 weeks they will have no field techs left in their employee except for a few supervisors who will be continuing a few months more to handle transition issues with no transition plan in sight. Might be to subcontractors who will need to be trained but the trainers are gone too. Sony is changing big time in a drastic effort to save every dollar that doesn't directly equate to income. And please no babble how cutting support will lead to reduced sales. I agree but that isn't and won't stop anything. Its lucky that the 2 ES integrator support people are staying but their technical assistance support which I suspect they relied upon to give us answers will be gone. Less doing more. Expect long delays in getting answers and a general inability to get good answers. I equate all this to amputation to save a life with no thought re the need for the parts or the need for artificial replacements.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #9018 of 10124 Old 03-13-2014, 09:31 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

In 2 weeks they will have no field techs left in their employee except for a few supervisors who will be continuing a few months more to handle transition issues with no transition plan in sight. Might be to subcontractors who will need to be trained but the trainers are gone too. Sony is changing big time in a drastic effort to save every dollar that doesn't directly equate to income. And please no babble how cutting support will lead to reduced sales. I agree but that isn't and won't stop anything. Its lucky that the 2 ES integrator support people are staying but their technical assistance support which I suspect they relied upon to give us answers will be gone. Less doing more. Expect long delays in getting answers and a general inability to get good answers. I equate all this to amputation to save a life with no thought re the need for the parts or the need for artificial replacements.

Sad state of affairs for my favorite electronics company for 50 years. I always considered them the premier manufacturer in the world. I hope their finances improve and they regain their former stability. The worst would be no Sony TVs, projectors, AVRs.
post #9019 of 10124 Old 03-13-2014, 10:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHDHT View Post

Had similar happen on 2 occasions with my 1100. Weird green almost artifacty type effect. Same story, both times unplug and reboot, prob gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sner View Post

Same for me(sometimes it alternates between green and yellow flashing screen). It happens about once a month. I assumed it was an HDMI handshake problem between my Classe and the Sony. I unplugged/rebooted the Classe to solve it. Whatever works I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermosa View Post

I had a similar problem yesterday. I had to unplug the power from my projector, AVR, blu ray players, etc. - waited 5 minutes and re-connected everything. Solved.

Thanks. its reassuring that i'm not alone. Hopefully the upgraded boards solve this problem. Should be arriving soon.

Alex
post #9020 of 10124 Old 03-13-2014, 10:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks. its reassuring that i'm not alone. Hopefully the upgraded boards solve this problem. Should be arriving soon.

If you note, my experience with similar issue happened with my 1100 while very new. So that would kind of invalidate the idea of the upgrade to the input board eliminating the chance of this occasional issue from cropping up.

post #9021 of 10124 Old 03-13-2014, 11:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If you note, my experience with similar issue happened with my 1100 while very new. So that would kind of invalidate the idea of the upgrade to the input board eliminating the chance of this occasional issue from cropping up.

Thanks, i missed that. Sounds like i'm going to have to install a switch for the outlet. Climbing up on the couch to unplug the projector is a little precarious :-)

Alex
post #9022 of 10124 Old 03-13-2014, 11:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks, i missed that. Sounds like i'm going to have to install a switch for the outlet. Climbing up on the couch to unplug the projector is a little precarious :-)

Prob a good thing to have generally. Some all outlets have in this country, it's a design reg. Fortunately the issue seems to be fairly isolated.

post #9023 of 10124 Old 03-13-2014, 11:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Prob a good thing to have generally. Some all outlets have in this country, it's a design reg. Fortunately the issue seems to be fairly isolated.

I just bought a wireless swich
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0087EIDRS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Its rated for 1200 watts and the sony uses less then 500. Lets hope it doesn't introduce more problems then it solves.

Alex
post #9024 of 10124 Old 03-14-2014, 06:32 AM

Liked: 11
You can always just flip the breaker in your breaker box.

Ben
post #9025 of 10124 Old 03-14-2014, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjw View Post

I think I'm also now experiencing this issue. I switched to 2.31:1 position and back last night and it was up about 1/2" or so. I'll have to monitor this behavior to confirm that it's happening regularly. I haven't watched anything today, so not much to go on just yet. This never happened before the upgrade.

It is a big deal for me because I watch almost everything via my HTPC now and switch between 1.78:1 desktop and 2.35:1 movies often. This will be a PITA if the saved setting is always off. It sounds like it something that's appeared since the upgrade, so it'll probably hit everyone and Sony will need to address the issue. It's not something I can live with because I have a scoped screen and use the saved position settings all the time. And my A-lens is in the AVS classifieds right now. I don't want to go back to using one on 4K.

Hopefully, it can be fixed with a firmware update that we can do via serial connection and software and instructions that they provide. There's no way they can expect us all to ship these things back to Laredo.

One step forward and two back? eek.gif

Afraid to say I think I have this issue too, but I need to do more testing, If if its a new board software issue, hopefully these are these field upgradable to fix it now. The old boards weren't. The manual clearly states that it will not go back to exactly the same place every time. But this shouldn't be a reason for a new board to add a glitch. And agreed, it is a huge issue if true, because I put up with basically the same issue on my first two defective units. All depends on your setup and your content variation on how much of a PITA this is.

Matt
post #9026 of 10124 Old 03-14-2014, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post

CASE CLOSED. SONY COMES THROUGH!

More like "mission accomplished" rolleyes.gif (j/k)
Quote:
To qualify you call 1-855-476-6945. Be ready to fax in a copy of your receipt showing purchase of the Upgrade Kit last year with the event ID written on it which they give you during your call.

That pesky fine print again. I have nothing that shows I ordered this last year. Maybe easy to get around, maybe not..."case closed" for you but I'll see what hoops I have to jump through.

Thanks for getting much closer to the bottom of this though!

Matt
post #9027 of 10124 Old 03-14-2014, 07:16 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 332
For AV Science customers that ordered before the end of the year and have already received and installed the kit, contact Sony at:

4K Players Support : 1-800-222-7669 – Opt 3, Opt 1 (TV), Opt 1 (4K TV Products)

This is for the free 10 movie deal.

Here is the list of movies to pick from: http://store.sony.com/gsi/static/WFS/SNYNA-SNYUS-Site/-/SNYNA/en_US/assets/pdfs/10177193_r0_Video_Unlimited_PDF_Rev2.pdf
turls likes this.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales
Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com

Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/

Call for B-stock projectors

Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.

post #9028 of 10124 Old 03-14-2014, 07:40 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Any of our customers that have had the upgrade kit installed, email me letting me know. That way I can take your name off the list.

Thank you,

Mike

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales
Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com

Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/

Call for B-stock projectors

Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.

post #9029 of 10124 Old 03-14-2014, 07:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I would love to see a video of you jumping through some hoops. I can longer do that. I am pretty sure your dealer can modify your sales receipt for the kit to show you ordered it in 2013 between its announcement at Cedia and the end of the year. Or you could fake it and modify your sales receipt yourself. Just about everyone ordered soon after the announcement and all had to wait until recently or now to actually get the kit and have it installed.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #9030 of 10124 Old 03-14-2014, 08:04 AM
AVS Club Gold

No offense Mike but that is the basic phone number for Sony. The one I provided goes straight to their department which handles it. And now you get to pick out which movies you want up to 300.00. Pretty cool.

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector , Casio Rs 232 Adapter Catalog Category Projectors Accessories
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page