Sony VPL-vw1000 - Page 306 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #9151 of 10091 Old 03-16-2014, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 233
curiosity got the best of me, the Sony tablet is 100% waterproof. completely submersible under water while it's turned on.

This is a nice android tablet, I believe the thinnest and lightest available. The 1080P screen overall looks good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9152 of 10091 Old 03-16-2014, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Is it the latest Sony tablet or is there a newer one?
post #9153 of 10091 Old 03-16-2014, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 View Post

It's the Xperia Z tablet and it is still the latest one.

post #9154 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 09:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 293
My machine has now been updated successfully. The first board was not loaded correctly before it was delivered to my tech. Evidently, the boards are preloaded in Loraido and my board was preloaded elsewhere. anyhow the new board worked and I pick the machine up on weds. Quick 98 mile drive to meet the tech half way. The rest of my kit shows up on Tuesda but I won't install it until next week.Too much basketball to watch Thursday through Sunday to bother with movies.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
call me at: 240 876 2536
post #9155 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

good deal Mark, Mike is stopping by my house tomorrow morning, he is only 45 minutes from me.

only 1 day away from seeing my favorite movie in UHD.
post #9156 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 09:42 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 View Post

I have notified the installer that you will receive your kit this week. smile.gif

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales
Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com

Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/

Call for B-stock projectors

Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.

post #9157 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

curiosity got the best of me, the Sony tablet is 100% waterproof. completely submersible under water while it's turned on.

This is a nice android tablet, I believe the thinnest and lightest available. The 1080P screen overall looks good.
I bought one of the Xperia Z tablets about a year ago. We used in in the pool last summer to take pictures of our nephews and nieces. It worked out great.

If you ever decide to try it in a pool remember that it is only guaranteed to be waterproof to 3'. You also can't interact with the tablet submerged. I don't think that will affect many while watching their 1100s though.
post #9158 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

I had to try it just to see the reaction of family members... I made sure the seals were closed and then ran it under the sink, completely soaking it. Shook off the water, wiped it down and it was ready to go.

I think it's a nice tablet, very thin and light weight. At least it's a decent model and a not a throw-away like many of the cheap models out there.
post #9159 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 10:06 AM

Is anyone using a longer run hdmi cable to connect the puck to their 1100? If so, what are you using? I have between 30'-40' back to my rack.
post #9160 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 10:11 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen View Post

Is anyone using a longer run hdmi cable to connect the puck to their 1100? If so, what are you using? I have between 30'-40' back to my rack.

I am using a 40' that we sell: http://shop.avscience.com/40-HDMI-Redmere-cable_p_570.html

No problems using the puck with the Sony.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales
Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com

Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/

Call for B-stock projectors

Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.

post #9161 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post

This is the best number to call but they work strictly business hours. Monday is the next time to call.

(239) 245 6475

Be patient and explain. They will give you am Event ID number. I will modify my Review with this number.

Still a total dead end for me on the vouchers. I tried to explain as clearly as I could about Chad, the ES group, etc. Nobody at either the first number given or this new number knew anything about it or Chad.

I talked to a very nice lady, Cathy, and she said this was definitely not the number to call for this. She did some checking while putting me on hold, then said she would call back, and called back just a few minutes later.

Matt
post #9162 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post

Still a total dead end for me on the vouchers. I tried to explain as clearly as I could about Chad, the ES group, etc. Nobody at either the first number given or this new number knew anything about it or Chad.

I talked to a very nice lady, Cathy, and she said this was definitely not the number to call for this. She did some checking while putting me on hold, then said she would call back, and called back just a few minutes later.

I got farther than you I think/hope, but still no cigar yet. I called and was put through to someone named Robert in Sony National Relations who said he worked for the Executive Office of the President. I explained everything that I know concerning the situation to him. He asked me to fax or email my receipt to him (no Event ID was provided). I sent him both my receipts from AVS (projector and upgrade kit) with a link to Joerod's post, what I was told concerning the situation, and a recommendation that formal instructions be provided to AVS and Joerod for posting. He said that he would be contacting AV Science and get back to me.

Sounds like a total cluster at this point. I've already opened up the puck and tablet, so I'm going to be VERY pissed off if we were given false information and continue to get the runaround. As I said in previous posts, I would have sold the puck and tablet except for the free vouchers. Now, these items are opened/used. I hope that this finally is resolved in favor of Sony's and AVS's paying customers. I'd like to put this behind me and soon.

...Steve
"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

My 3D-BD/BD/HD-DVD/DVD collection and HT gear

post #9163 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 119
post #9164 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

I am using a 40' that we sell.
Great. That is what I am using currently for everything else. I have an HD balun already there and will just move my 1080 sources to that. Thanks.
post #9165 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 11:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

The sony ES Integrator support hotline is where Chad works.

that number is

1-866-924-7669

Ask for Chad. There are only two people there. Chad and Tony. I suspect tony can do it too.

You need to supply them with the serial number of your FMP-X1. They will assign you an event number

You need to then fax documentation to a different group within sony.

The fax number is

1-239-768-7816

What you need to fax is proof of purchase of the SERVER before 1/1/2014. Obviously this is not possible if you purchased the kit in 2014. So now you need is I think to supply the fax number with proof of order before 1/1/2014. on the proof your supply them with, I suspect the bill of sale showing the purchase date AND the order date. YOU MUST put the Event ID on it. Then lie back and enjoy the ride.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #9166 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

The sony ES Integrator support hotline is where Chad works.

that number is

1-866-924-7669

Ask for Chad. There are only two people there. Chad and Tony. I suspect tony can do it too.

You need to supply them with the serial number of your FMP-X1. They will assign you an event number

You need to then fax documentation to a different group within sony.

The fax number is

1-239-768-7816

What you need to fax is proof of purchase of the SERVER before 1/1/2014. Obviously this is not possible if you purchased the kit in 2014. So now you need is I think to supply the fax number with proof of order before 1/1/2014. on the proof your supply them with, I suspect the bill of sale showing the purchase date AND the order date. YOU MUST put the Event ID on it. Then lie back and enjoy the ride.

Thanks for the information, I'm hold right now and will attempt to talk to Chad and get an Event ID.

As for the receipt showing two dates, that's going to need to come from my dealer, AVS. I'm not asking anyone to fudge a receipt and I won't lie either, especially since I already emailed my receipts to Sony and was told to wait for a reply. As far as I'm concerned, all of this date $%+ should be old news to Sony. I have an email from Mike that says as much -- that Sony has a list of his customers that ordered in 2013 (but were charged in 2014 when the kits were available). They should know that this was coming and deliver as promised. I appreciate efforts to get us the deal. What I don't understand is the confusion on Sony's end. Perhaps they've laid off the wrong folks, but that wouldn't surprise me at all.

...Steve
"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

post #9167 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 12:18 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Thanks Mark. I have been pretty busy this past weekend and today and haven't had a chance to check in here. It may seem like a cluster now but do realize my "Voucher Deal" was not finalized until late last week. I am sure the rest will get the procedure down soon. Try the numbers Thrang and Mark gave...

Search or copy and paste-> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com <-to check out my latest Reviews.

Check out these new Lighted Cup Holders:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1402680301175
post #9168 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 12:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjw View Post

Thanks for the information, I'm hold right now and will attempt to talk to Chad and get an Event ID.

As for the receipt showing two dates, that's going to need to come from my dealer, AVS. I'm not asking anyone to fudge a receipt and I won't lie either, especially since I already emailed my receipts to Sony and was told to wait for a reply. As far as I'm concerned, all of this date $%+ should be old news to Sony. I have an email from Mike that says as much -- that Sony has a list of his customers that ordered in 2013 (but were charged in 2014 when the kits were available). They should know that this was coming and deliver as promised. I appreciate efforts to get us the deal. What I don't understand is the confusion on Sony's end. Perhaps they've laid off the wrong folks, but that wouldn't surprise me at all.

The problem is the fax number is the deal fulfillment line. They are the people who verify your qualifications for the deal, and they can't do SXXX without the event ID number given by Chad et al. The event ID number is so that they can charge the correct division in Sony for the cost of the deal. In this case I suspect it is the studio or whatever.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #9169 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post

Thanks Mark. I have been pretty busy this past weekend and today and haven't had a chance to check in here. It may seem like a cluster now but do realize my "Voucher Deal" was not finalized until late last week. I am sure the rest will get the procedure down soon. Try the numbers Thrang and Mark gave...

Joerod,

Your procedure does state that the receipt is for purchases made last year. It doesn't say "ordered" last year and that's a big difference and seems to be where all of the confusion lies. AFAIK, you and Thrang may be the only ones that actually paid for your FMP-1's last year on this thread. Anyway....

I just finished talking to Tony and received an Event ID. He requested my serial number and purchase date from my VPL-VW1000ES from AVS. It's from 10/29/13 and clearly says that the Upgrade Kit would be charged separately. As such, it shows when I paid for the projector and clearly ordered the upgrade kit at the same time. I will fax the receipt of my FMP-1 with Event ID to the fax number provided. I'll see what happens after that....

...Steve

post #9170 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 12:40 PM

Woohoo. Finally got my call to schedule upgrade. They asked to confirm if I had received the kit and I laughed. I'm now looking forward to Monday.

Also, I just want to say hi to everyone. I've been following this thread since before I bought my projector in 2012.
post #9171 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 12:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

When I talked to chad. he said he only needed the server serial number but from your call he seems to need the projector info. My projector came directly from sony because of work I was then doing with them and not AV Science. My kit came from AV Science.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #9172 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 12:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

BTW. Our friend Sony Dave did not survive this round of cuts.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #9173 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post

good deal Mark, Mike is stopping by my house tomorrow morning, he is only 45 minutes from me.

only 1 day away from seeing my favorite movie in UHD.

Thats my boy biggrin.gif
post #9174 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All I can say is: be patient. I got a reference #/event ID when I called and they asked me to fax in my receipt which I did. Then the following occurred:

1. I call back and they say my documentation is insufficient since it just showed $28K charge from my dealer(for the 1100ES and puck package) but was not an "official receipt".
2. OK I call the dealer and ask him to fax in proof; he says OK.
3. I call Sony back but they do not have anything from dealer.
4. I ask dealer to resend fax which he does and also calls Sony for me.
5. I call Sony back to confirm. They say it they have the fax and it is being reviewed by the "verification department" which is in a different location.
6. Finally, I just get a call from "Robert" in the national office about the 10 free movies. I said I thought it was a $300 credit voucher.
he says it is $300 but thinks it must be applied to the original 10 movies. Whatever...
7. He says he will personally follow up with the "verification department" and call me back in 1-2 business days.

Who designed this business process???? rolleyes.gif

Bob Meixner
post #9175 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sner View Post

All I can say is: be patient. I got a reference #/event ID when I called and they asked me to fax in my receipt which I did. Then the following occurred:

1. I call back and they say my documentation is insufficient since it just showed $28K charge from my dealer(for the 1100ES and puck package) but was not an "official receipt".
5. I call Sony back to confirm. They say it they have the fax and it is being reviewed by the "verification department" which is in a different location.
6. Finally, I just get a call from "Robert" in the national office about the 10 free movies. I said I thought it was a $300 credit voucher.
he says it is $300 but thinks it must be applied to the original 10 movies. Whatever...
7. He says he will personally follow up with the "verification department" and call me back in 1-2 business days.

As I said, cluster....

I also said that they're getting rid of the wrong folks. That happens a lot in big corporations. I work for one whose acronym is Idiots Become Managers and they do resource actions all the time, yet the lawyers, bean-counters, and middle/upper management always survive. Personally, I don't want stock in either company.

...Steve

post #9176 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 02:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I am pretty sure its for any 10 movies. The charge for a 4K movie is $30.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #9177 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Confirmed something very basic, which I posted about in the X1 thread. If any of you have wondered why the X1 seems to come with 1.6TB of space already used, it's due to the fact several of the initial catalog titles on top of the 10 free ones are already stored on it. I tried this today with MIB 3. Handy to know you can save the download time for any of those title you may want. This applies to X1's from launch till end of last year. I'm pretty sure the newer ones don't have anything like that amount of material preloaded from the comments of other owners.

post #9178 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 05:06 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

Sounds like a PITA to me.
Guess the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing...
For me, the main reason for doing the upgrade is to make it a bit more future proof.
I have DSL, and even though it has 2.5K down,I would still have long download times to even get a movie, I think that I will just put the puck on ebay at a good price to recover some of the cost of the upgrade.
The only way downloading 4k movies will be practical will be a gigabit downloads off of satellite.
Sony should provide a satellite service for downloading movies. They could provide an integrated receiver DVR to replace the puck.
The subscribers to this service would order the movies on line, and then have lighting fast downloads of their programs.

With current internet service, ATT monitors how many gigs of use there internet subscribers use, and after a set amount, they charge for every gig after that.
So not only will you pay the $30? for the movie, will be paying for all the extra amount of use.
Will just wait for 4K bluRay. At least once you buy the movie, you have it for ever, or can resell it after watching it.
post #9179 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHDHT View Post

Confirmed something very basic, which I posted about in the X1 thread. If any of you have wondered why the X1 seems to come with 1.6TB of space already used, it's due to the fact several of the initial catalog titles on top of the 10 free ones are already stored on it. I tried this today with MIB 3. Handy to know you can save the download time for any of those title you may want. This applies to X1's from launch till end of last year. I'm pretty sure the newer ones don't have anything like that amount of material preloaded from the comments of other owners.

Correct, at least in my case. Mine shows something like 1.7 GB used our of 2 including Elysium, which was the first thing it downloaded automatically after updating the original software. That took several hours and I have high-speed FIOS. The rest of the pre-loaded content did not show up in the app for day and I have no idea why. The titles just weren't there even though the System space information indicated usage. I don't know what the original 10 free movies are, but there's no Lawrence of Arabia on mine. There are over 35 movies though. I haven't clicked on any yet, but I'm hoping that when I do, I won't be charged without an option to buy and also given an option to delete the title off the puck to make room and clear it from my list.

...Steve

post #9180 of 10091 Old 03-17-2014, 05:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
so right now it looks like the only way we get the freebie movies is if mikes list connects to the guys answering the phones. guess we'll wait to hear from mike.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector , Casio Rs 232 Adapter Catalog Category Projectors Accessories
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page