Sony VPL-vw1000 - Page 337 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #10081 of 10091 Old 07-08-2014, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 32
The timing is very interesting, looks like they are trying to beat the Sony device to market. My guess is Roku will have Netflix 4K before this device will.

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10082 of 10091 Old 07-08-2014, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 233
it seems unlikely this device will have 4K netflix support, they would have it plastered all over their site. Netflix 4K is based on H.265/HEVC so it would have to support it out of the box.

I'm curious to hear about it though. it should be able to play a mean game of Angry Birds..
OzHDHT likes this.
post #10083 of 10091 Old 07-08-2014, 03:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post
The timing is very interesting, looks like they are trying to beat the Sony device to market. My guess is Roku will have Netflix 4K before this device will.

They will supposed to release it in April. Their stock fell to about 5 cents a share, now that the device is shipping, last time I checked it the stock was at 8 cents. Their founder is serving a prison sentence for things he allegedly did in the gaming industry before he started NTEK. Supposedly Ingram Micro which owns AVAD and other HT installer suppliers will be distributing it which means maybe AVAD will be selling it.
OzHDHT likes this.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
call me at: 240 876 2536
post #10084 of 10091 Old 07-08-2014, 04:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

If you go to their website, there is an endless stream of press releases showing distribution deals they have entered into. To the best of my knowledge, no major studeos and the NP1 ONLY has one HDMI out.
OzHDHT likes this.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #10085 of 10091 Old 07-08-2014, 08:41 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 87
It requires at least 10 mpbs and I sadly am stuck below 5!
They said it will buffer and I would have to have it on pause awhile. There are some short clips and apps included within its GooglePlay. I bet Netflix is not 4K as well. Anyway, Leslie Hayes (VP of Sales) seems nice there. I am not sure on movie support either.

Search or copy and paste-> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com <-to check out my latest Reviews.

Check out these new Lighted Cup Holders:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1402680301175
post #10086 of 10091 Old 07-08-2014, 10:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post
It requires at least 10 mpbs and I sadly am stuck below 5!
They said it will buffer and I would have to have it on pause awhile. There are some short clips and apps included within its GooglePlay. I bet Netflix is not 4K as well. Anyway, Leslie Hayes (VP of Sales) seems nice there. I am not sure on movie support either.
I'm pretty excited, in a couple of weeks I should have access to a 100mbps cable internet connection new media room. I'm still running 14mbps DSL in my existing HT which will likely drop below 10 with my need for VPN set up with the FMP (assuming nothing will have changed there with the X10). So looks like there's most def going to be some 4K streaming happening for at least some of the time for me

post #10087 of 10091 Old Yesterday, 06:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Here is a link to their content service. That's where their potential bucks are.

I am glad that they claim all their content is in "pristine" 4K cause we know that how the content is upscaled or scanned or whatever really affects how pristine the content looks.

How is Joe Microbrew (not fair to brand any 4K panel owner as Joe six pack because he/she is more upscale than that), going to react if he/she doesn't have enough internet speed? Lots of these machines will end up being returned.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com

Last edited by mark haflich; Yesterday at 04:48 PM.
post #10088 of 10091 Old Yesterday, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post
Here is a link to theirr content service. That's where their potential bucks are.

ttps://mail.yahoo.com/;_ylt=AgNhCnO.burT4BReaLrUvYMGuodG;_ylu=X3oDMTBzdW kzZ2l1BHNlYwNVSCAzIERlc2t0b3AgVG9wIEJhciAxMDA-;_ylg=X3oDMTByZmJwdHZpBGxhbmcDZW4tVVMEcHQDNAR0ZXN0 AzUxMjAxNw--;_ylv=3?.intl=us&.lang=en-US&.src=ym

I am especially relieved that all their content is in "pristine" 4K cause we know that how the content is upscaled or scanned or whatever really affects how pristine the content looks.

I is Joe Microbrew (not fair to brand any 4K panel owner as Joe six pack because he/she is more upscale than that, going to react if he/she doesn't have enough internet speed? Lots of these machines will end up being returned.
Mark, that appears to me a (malformed) link to a page in your webmail perhaps??? After adding the missing "h" at the beginning, it takes you to a Yahoo mail login page...
post #10089 of 10091 Old Yesterday, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post
the NP1 ONLY has one HDMI out.
Good reminder Mark. Another reason the question has to be asked why does the device even exist.

Matt
post #10090 of 10091 Old Yesterday, 07:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

It exists for one reason. To make the NTEK founders rich. They saw an opportunity to make a lot of money with a start up venture. They appear to be good at generating hype. Showing something way way before it was fully developed and ready to ship. They won awards for something that really didn't exist at the time. And the used the award or awards to hype. They claimed being the industry first. They didn't even have the idea of a 4K streamer first. Now its shipping and everything in their future probably rests on its success. The money is in providing content. Plus there just isn't much out there for 4K streaming and 4K is the buzz word. The quality doesn't matter. Obviously the quality for us now is low for all 4K no matter the provider unless you can get a DCI feed. My prediction is that the company will be purchased by a bigger competitor and the founders and those who own large number of shares at the initial offering price will get very rich and that is all that counts.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #10091 of 10091 Old Yesterday, 02:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 87
They are claiming their main channel is Nanoflix.

Search or copy and paste-> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com <-to check out my latest Reviews.

Check out these new Lighted Cup Holders:
http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1402680301175
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector , Casio Rs 232 Adapter Catalog Category Projectors Accessories
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page